Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: How were you introduced to One Piece?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How were you introduced to One Piece?

A group of people I used to hang around with used to talk about Naruto and Bleach as though they were the best thing ever and I got curious and started to watch the anime of those two. Once I had caught up with the anime I got curious as to what else might be good and discovered one piece. After watching several episodes I tried telling me mates about it and they said one piece sucks and they told me not to watch it. I'm glad I ignored them and don't hang out with them anymore

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Staff members kept telling me to read it. I relented mostly due to the length. Then I conceded after a friend told me to read, though I wanted to finish High School of Dead. I dropped that and started on One Piece and finished today.

Soooo, MH encouraged me to read OP, and I did, and I don't regret it!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Peeto's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I was always curious about one piece , beacause i had read somewhere, that it is part of the big three (naruto,bleach,OP) and it was always ranked third on onemanga,so i gave it a chance about a year ago and watched first 9 episodes but i didn't like it and it was too long (over 400 episodes).But 3 months ago i saw on youtube a preview of 459 episode and it was looking really good so i watched that episode and it was awesome so gave it a second chance and now im on water 7 arc (and also reading manga from chaper 598) (this same thing happend to me also with Bleach, first 10 episodes were boring but then it was awesome)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine used to watch episodes of One Piece around the Alabasta arc. I used to laugh at him for watching something that I thought was pretty retarded.

He could continue to try to get me to at least attempt to get into the series. After watching some of the Enies Lobby arc, I decided, I was bored and what the hell. Began reading the manga from the beginning and before I could even get back up to Enies Lobby I felt like quitting (the beginning of OP to me is pretty slow). I was assured that I wouldn't regret reading all the way through, and well by the time I actually caught up to where I was in the anime, I went from hating, to absolutely loving this manga.

Click it!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Read the first chapter in shounen jump in my language (thai), the actual magazine process is complicated so I'm not going through that, and been reading ever since.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jacke12's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I was introduced to One Piece from German program RTL 2 when i was little i started watching it but i couldn't understand anything because i didn't know german and when i got my internet i remember for it and wrote one piece in gogle

Welcome to the Happy train! Enjoy your Ride.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TheProtege's Avatar
    Im climbin in yur window snatchin yo ppl up
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peeto View Post
    I was always curious about one piece , beacause i had read somewhere, that it is part of the big three (naruto,bleach,OP) and it was always ranked third on onemanga,so i gave it a chance about a year ago and watched first 9 episodes but i didn't like it and it was too long (over 400 episodes).But 3 months ago i saw on youtube a preview of 459 episode and it was looking really good so i watched that episode and it was awesome so gave it a second chance and now im on water 7 arc (and also reading manga from chaper 598) (this same thing happend to me also with Bleach, first 10 episodes were boring but then it was awesome)
    I agree. I actually didnt like the anime at first ...but then gave it a second shot and it was fantastic

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Something retro called the television lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

For me the adventure with op started a couple years ago (4 or 5). I was just begining manga reader. None of my friends was a manga fan (manga is not popular in Poland) and I wasn't part of any manga community. Anyway, I felt like reading something about pirates (a classical pirates) and I stumbled upon One Piece. The begining made me think: "this is for kids", but then Zoro appeared (my favorite character) so I continued reading and the humor really hooked me up. By the AP arc I was a total addict.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

i bought a playstation 1 game years ago,
    didn't know about the anime or manga,
    i just tought its a random game,
    but a vew years later i saw my first amv and it was about One piece with Breaking the habit of linkin park, then i recognized the charachters and viewd more info about one piece
    and later on i found the eppisodes and started following it,
    and then switched to One Piece Manga as soon as i knew manga was the original story and further in the story line and now i'm in the present since ive been reading it later on

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TheProtege's Avatar
    Im climbin in yur window snatchin yo ppl up
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ur in the present but im.....in the future.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a popular anime here way back when I was in Grade School.
    The Alabasta Arc made it famous

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9