Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: The effects of manga on your psyche?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The effects of manga on your psyche?

Well, you know sometimes I feel as if manga, as most art, has an effect on some of my basic psychological traits. Like for example manga can sometimes cheer me up, a new chapter some day of the week can turn a gloomy day of the week into a happy one. More so, if the series has been absent or something for a while.

How does manga effect you psychological self? How does it effect you on a daily basis? Does it make you happy, sad, motivated, does it bring closure as some art does? What emotions have you experienced while reading manga that you also have after reading a good book or watching an amazing movie?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The effects of manga on your psyche?

Definitely do read some manga to make me feel good when Im feeling down, really fluffy happy boy's love manga does this for me.

Typically I usually want to always feel good so I try to read series with characters that are just having a good time or always can succeed. I hate getting depressed and sad from series too. And with reading manga sometimes before bed, it can be really hard to sleep after reading something saddening or depressing. (manga with suicide for example)

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

New Reply