Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Here are some suggestions for the site~
- On random manga page (http://beta.mangahelpers.com/manga/details/naruto)
- When clicking on the "Translators: 180 (click to view)" to see who the TLers are - can you put a flag (or language) next to the name to let us know what language the translator translates into?
- why is there a link to 'chapters' above the "I'm a fan!" link when there's a chapters tab a couple inches away on top? Isn't this link a bit redundant?
- On 'my reading list' (http://beta.mangahelpers.com/my-read-list)
- don't put the edge of the list so close to the left
- change 'toread' to 'to read'
- If possible- show the actual volume/chapter you are on in the manga instead of just having whether you read it/will read it/or finished it
- Incorrect author
- I'm listed as the translator to Code: Breaker 12 (http://beta.mangahelpers.com/t/ck/releases/3200), but the correct TLer should be tenjouten (as seen in this post - http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38244)
- Is it possible to add earlier releases, prior to Nov. 14 so the number of releases would be accurate and so all releases could be downloaded through here?
- This would mean there would need to be a question like "Is this a old release?" if yes, what date was this released" or something equivalent to it
- When submitting a new English release (http://beta.mangahelpers.com/downloa...-file/?lang=en)
- can you put the scanlation group names, translator names, and languages (with the exception of Japanese and English) in alphabetical order for ease of finding the group/translator/language
The link will be removed and replaced with something else.Quote:
I will look into adding your translation language into the display
This is a very unfinished template and will be overhauled and polished soon (tm).Quote:
Which section are you referring to? Scanlations?Quote:
http://beta.mangahelpers.com/downloads/), in the scanlator group release tab (like, if I were part of Buttobasu - then a DL link would be here: http://beta.mangahelpers.com/s/buttobasu/releases/) as well as a link in the browse manga > scanlations tab (http://beta.mangahelpers.com/manga/d...n/scanlations/).
The main idea is to offer older releases through here while showing it's an old release and NOT a new release as well as keeping track of all releases done by a group.
Other suggestions I thought of today:
- On the manga download page (http://beta.mangahelpers.com/downloads/):
- I'd think it'd be nice to have a link to the manga's information page on the release - if someone sees the release - they might be more inclined to read it if there was an easy way to find out information about the manga and since the manga page has links to the newest as well as older scanlation and translation releases- it'd be easy for the person to get the download link from the manga page.
- I suggest replacing the link directed from the manga name + chapter # that leads to the group's release page (say: http://beta.mangahelpers.com/s/bakayarou/details/1958) with the thanks/comments to go to the manga description page instead (say: http://beta.mangahelpers.com/manga/details/minami-ke) and the DDL link on the right go to the group release page w/the thanks/comments (http://beta.mangahelpers.com/s/bakayarou/download/1958)
- On browsing a random manga (say, http://beta.mangahelpers.com/manga/details/minami-ke/)
- There should be the option to order the scanlations/translations/raws (in its respective tabs) by both chapter # and the default of date posted. - This would be especially nice since sometimes some groups release random chapters in random order or jump ahead and then jump back for the missing chapters. This would lead to ease of finding scanlated chapters.
- Another option to have - in the scanlations AND translations tab for a manga page - sort by language - This would promote ease of finding a specific language for a particular manga. This way people don't have to scroll through the long list of releases for the chapter *cough*Naruto*cough* AND have to be looking at language.
- If BOTH are implemented - language sort and chapter sort (this would allow reverse chapter sort so newest chapter goes on top) - this would make it easy for people to find a particular chapter in a specific language.
- Another option to offer for Translations (though not as incremental to ease of use) would be to sort by particular translator AND/OR likewise for Scanlations- sort by group name
- I noticed that you now show the rating on the top-rated manga tab (http://beta.mangahelpers.com/manga/top-rated/). However, I suggest that you show the rating on the page that you voted on so you can ACTUALLY see what the rating is for a particular manga and how you affected the rating since I would assume the top-rated manga tab shows ONLY the top-rated ratings and not ALL.
- I also noticed that the top-rated manga page lists 'shounen/shoujo/etc' as demographics and in keeping with consistency, I suggest changing the manga detail pages and search page (http://beta.mangahelpers.com/manga/search/) to reflect this change- change 'genre' (which lists shounen/shoujo/etc) as demographics.
- On the browse page: http://beta.mangahelpers.com/manga/browse/
- I noticed you didn't put yaoi as a 'genre,' and although I'm not really a fan of yaoi, I think that it's a great disservice to the manga fans. If you are aware of a manga poll done by mangaupdates which asked for the favorite demo- you'd be aware that the top 3 spots were yaoi (20.6%), shoujo (18%), and Seinen (15.8%), and you'd be aware that there is a large yaoi fan base and it'd be a great oversight to dismiss the yaoi fans and yaoi releases.
- The shoujo-ai 'genre' is also missing.
Last edited by c_k; November 18, 2008 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost