Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167
Results 2,491 to 2,503 of 2503

Thread: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner potatoqueen's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

@Brill: It seems you misunderstand some things I said. First, I only clarified the (not necessarily romantic) development between Naruto and Sakura because you said that the joke proved their relationship didn't change. Second, I never said that the hug was romantic, I only said I thought it was sweet and so did the village. When I said "this IS love we're talking about..." I wasn't talking about that particular scene, I was talking about the whole thread. ehehe I apologize for not clarifying it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Except the problem is that the only source for our information should be the manga itself. Using personal experiences and other subjective devices is a way to relate to the characters, however, it should not be used to overwrite what the characters are saying/doing. Doing this demonstrates one is basing their arguments on what they are wanting, not what is actullay being presented in the manga. That's not the proper was to asess things and make an argument.
    I agree that we cannot base our arguments purely on emotions/feelings/experiences but as I said, it helps understand the characters better. It's not used to conclude something, it's just used to say that there's something there. When I *irrationally* compared my experiences to the NaruSaku thing, I didn't conclude they'd be together. I simply said they had the potential/chance to be together.

Plus, love doesn't work with any type of logic, method or equation because it will always depend on the person's feelings/emotions and the best way to understand/analyze/examine this is through the things you've seen/heard/experienced/felt. Think why old people so wise and knowledgeable. Experience, right? Again, I'm not saying your experience makes your knowledge absolute, I'm just saying it helps you understand the situation/person better. I agree with you that any analysis should be supported by the manga but as you know, almost everything unless stated directly (again like Hinata's confession) is considered vague or unable to prove anything (you know how fans are).

Also, even if we do use the most logical way of analyzing a person which is psychology, I doubt it would do anything to solve this since Kishimoto is the only master of the Naruverse. T_T Seriously, I doubt it would help especially after that a$$pull he did with Sakura reverting back to the fan girl she was when he clearly said he was going to make her more of a heroine. Yeah right, Kishi.

Thanks for answering my question!

Anywaaaaay, let us end it here. I understand your points. I just wanted to clarify some stuff.
    Last edited by potatoqueen; January 07, 2011 at 07:40 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Lol, no chance for this pairing anymore!?

This is by far the most canon pairing there is right now.
    I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but so far it's the only one that has at least shown feelings from both sides!
    <hr noshade size="1">
    That's not accurate. Naruto has displayed feelings for others as well. Additionally. Some would give those moments more weight than a half-assed confession used to lock down Naruto

Quote Quote:
    On the opposite, I think that war is the perfect time to get some romance going on.

It's the time for the boys to go all "I'll protect the girl I love", and the girl telling the boys they love them as they are almost dying!!

Well, that sounds cliché, but it works!

In any case, sharing an awful experience like war is bound to create some strong bonds between some people.

As for the divisions, I get the feeling that they will somehow all be mixed up in the future (kinda like it is already between Kankuro's and Kakashi's).

PS:
    Kishimato said that Shikamaru and Choji will be really important in the future.
    Be ready to see Choji sacrificing himself for Ino! It's about time we get to see some romance between the two!
    Although I'll probably vomit with all the protect statements I see probably 2 war-relationships developing from this.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Won't is be great if we are to see a girl protect a boy SUCCESSFULLY and then they develop some romance?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    Won't is be great if we are to see a girl protect a boy SUCCESSFULLY and then they develop some romance?
    Lol, at "succesfully"!!
    Where you thinking of the failure that was Hinata's attempt to save Naruto!?

Knowing Kishi and the way he treats woman, it's unlikely...

Although, we did saw something like that before :
    http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-212-page-16.html
    http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-214-page-19.html

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post

Technically you shouldn't have a post with the S-word's case and putting the H-word in the same post. Things usually degrade to a flame war and all your good points get deleted by hte mods.
    Good points? More like repeated points because most NaruSaku vs. NaruTata arguments end into repetition, same thing over and over. If there is new development, then the discussion isn't frowned upon as much, but there isn't as much, so people just repeat the same thing in different words. The thing is, we haven't had as much development from both sides, other than Hinata's confession and Sakura's "confession," so it still goes both ways, even though Naruto has stronger feelings for Sakura.

Think how I feel when I wanna argue for NaruTata when NaruSaku posts are made. <_<

Anyways, who's hoping Naruto ends up with Karin? I dunno why, but after seeing Karin's personality, she'd go well with Naruto. She's like Kushina, but apparently less rash. Sasuke and Karin can't happen since he just basically chidori'd her and tried to off her, and Karin left Sasuke.

Maybe this is what Kishi's going for.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Muka's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Kishi would do NaruKari.
    We didn't even saw Karin again since last time...

I think it will be NaruSaku or NaruHina.
    Actually, I believe in NaruSaku because I feel they had the most interesting development.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Kakashi romance? The anime just had a filler episode named "Kakashi's Love Song" about a woman named Hanare who seemed to have chemistry with Kakashi. It seemed they had feelings for each other and even kissed by accident. As filler goes, it was enjoyable. She was a good match for Kakashi.

But Kakashi just seems like a bachelor for life type guy. If Naruto were a sitcom, then he'd be paired up with either the cougar Mei Terumi, wild Anko, or nice girl Shizune.
    I've been thinking.... since Kishimoto has been using filler material lately (the 4 Kekkei Genkai Shinobis, Raiga's sword) maybe this pairing just might become canon.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    I've been thinking.... since Kishimoto has been using filler material lately (the 4 Kekkei Genkai Shinobis, Raiga's sword) maybe this pairing just might become canon.
    As far as we know, Kakashi only had one love interest, and that was Rin.
    And still as today he often thinks about her.

As he was dying he thought of Obito and her...

I'm thinking that this year (it's supposed to be Kakashi's year), we will finally learn what happened to her and if they were truly in love or not.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but Rin is supposedly dead. If it's true, I'm thinking Kakashi will have a love interest later in the war. It would do a great deal for his character. Whoever the girl is, there's no doubt Kakashi will spill everything about Rin to her and what happened in the past. This is a very likely scenario we will get when some light will be shed on Rin. If we really think about it, Kakashi has pretty much bottled up everything about himself and has never had someone to confide in about himself.

And if we use the anime (Shippuden 191) as a bit of evidence, it would seem that Kakashi is traumatized about falling in love. Judging by the way he tried to push Hanare away, it would seem he's afraid of getting attached to someone so that he can avoid the pain he experienced.

Whoever the girl is, she'll probably say something along the lines of; "I won't die, because you will be waiting for me, as long as you're alive, I'll live, what ever it takes." This will finally get Kakashi to overcome his past about Rin.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read Kishi's Jump Festa interview again. It doesn't necessarily say there will be a year of Kakashi or this would be Kakashi's year. It would be very hard to devote a year to someone with this war. Naruto's voice actress asked Kishi about his comments last year at the Jump Festa about Kakashi. Kishi apologized for not writing about Kakashi and promised that would change this year. And he is doing that now. I think he meant Kakashi would be a major part of the war. Not that we would learn more about him or he would get a love interest.

Even though I loved Kakashi's Love Song in the anime and thought that woman would be a good fit for him, Kakashi is likely to remain a bachelor in the manga. It just suits his character like it did for Jiraiya. If Kishi were to write a Kakashi romance he would have to spend time focusing and developing it. And Kishi just doesn't do that with romance. Also, the Kakashi x Iruka pairing is huge in Japan. And those fans like the status quo of Kakashi and Iruka being single. It keeps their fantasy alive.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose. But Kishi does plan on expanding Kakashi's character a bit more as he said. We've just seen some great development from Kakashi in just one chapter alone. Besides, Kakashi is one of the core characters. So there's no doubt he'll get some major development. The final stage for Kakashi's development would obviously be him getting over his two friends' deaths and I honestly can't see any other scenario other than him spilling out all of his past to someone or him going to the WoT. I still won't be surprised if Kishi does make Hanare canon if he liked the episode very much.

BTW, in case you're interested, here's the link for the first KakashixHanare fic if you'd like. It's being built up pretty well so far.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6563560/1/Love_Song

Speaking of which, here's a something interesting:

Quote Quote:
    "Man...hate to see her go but love to see her leave," Genma remarked under his breath.

"Careful, I wouldn't want to deal with a jealous Kakashi," Kotetsu remarked hearing that.

"You know...I've never actually seen him angry have you?" His friend asked.

"No and that's why I don't want to find out what he's like." Kotetsu replied.

Genma thought about it, "Yeah good point, I'll avoid that if I could."
    We're about to see a rampaging Kakashi (if Kishi actually will show us) and frankly, we've never seen him that pissed before and now I just wonder what WOULD happen if someone like Hanare was hurt in front of his eyes It'd probably be a rampage of epic Kyuubi proportions (or at least close to it) hell, he'd probably turn into a one-man division and leave barely anything left for his subordinates to do except for sealing them (ET zombies). Of course, we really have to see how Kishi handles his "rampage" first.
    Last edited by Newkerzy; January 24, 2011 at 08:10 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    As far as we know, Kakashi only had one love interest, and that was Rin.
    And still as today he often thinks about her.

As he was dying he thought of Obito and her...

I'm thinking that this year (it's supposed to be Kakashi's year), we will finally learn what happened to her and if they were truly in love or not.
    I seem to recall rin's feelings towards kakashi were pretty much one sided... Do we have any reason at all to believe something actually happened between them? Wasn't last year supposed to be kakashi's though lol?

Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Thread Closed
Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167