Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance (and society) in Naruto

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

1. Naruto/Sakura
    2. Shikamaru/Temari
    3. lee/Tenten

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deviant's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy is correct.

The possibility is there, and very high. It only makes sense.

I certainly don't like Sakura. If Naruto is a love story, which it is, then shouldn't everyone end up being happy?

Who does Sakura end up with? Sasuke? Doesn't seem like it.

But what about Hinata? She's shown no interest in anyone else, nor has anyone else shown interest in her, whereas Lee has shown interest in Sakura.

Perhaps Naruto and Hinata will be, and Sakura will get the unlikely Lee. Maybe Sasuke will die.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pia-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Hinata ending up with Naruto has more sense to the character development for Hinata than Naruto ending up with Sakura for Naruto or Sakura.
    Remember, too, that the last person that saw Naruto leave Konoha in the end of part 1 was Hinata.

Remember, also, the cover of chapter 297. It appears Hinata. The last cover of her we saw it in part one, during the time Kiba, Naruto, Shikamaru, Neji and Chouji was going to recue Sasuke. So, in that cover, Kishimoto wrote "You're still so far away". Note the "still" part. And well, in the new cover we see Hinata it says "Towards the sun" or something like this. I don't think covers are something serious, but could be a hint.

And, remember, Yamato just knew Naruto and Sakura a little time, so what he think about Sakura's feelings could be a little confused because he does not know about the whole story of they 2.
    Last edited by Pia-chan; November 16, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pia-chan View Post
    Hinata ending up with Naruto has more sense to the character development for Hinata than Naruto ending up with Sakura for Naruto or Sakura.
    Remember, too, that the last person that saw Naruto leave Konoha in the end of part 1 was Hinata.

Remember, also, the cover of chapter 297. It appears Hinata. The last cover of her we saw it in part one, during the time Kiba, Naruto, Shikamaru, Neji and Chouji was going to recue Sasuke. So, in that cover, Kishimoto wrote "You're still so far away". Note the "still" part. And well, in the new cover we see Hinata it says "Towards the sun" or something like this. I don't think covers are something serious, but could be a hint.

And, remember, Yamato just knew Naruto and Sakura a little time, so what he think about Sakura's feelings could be a little confused because he does not know about the whole story of they 2.

Yeah I agree, Naruto is part of Hinata's development and he is biggest part of Hinata's life.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NaruHina-X View Post
    Yeah I agree, Naruto is part of Hinata's development and he is biggest part of Hinata's life.
    Exactly.

I said in my post, if Naruto and Sakura pair up, where does that leave Hinata?

;-;

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be severely disapointed if the biggest part in hinata's life was some kid who she hasnt seen in almost three years. That would make hinata even lamer and ten times the stalker I think she was.
    And isnt naruto a bigger part in sakura's development than in hinata's? granted that sasuke is also a part in sakura's development, but if it wasnt for sakura's desire to help and protect naruto, she wouldnt be the exceptional fighter and medical ninja she is today.
    @deviant
    If naruto and sakura pair up, hinata will be where she has always been; in a place where she is not seen and forgotten.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Exactly.

I said in my post, if Naruto and Sakura pair up, where does that leave Hinata?

;-;
    Not to be rude but it doesn't really matter where it leaves her, she not a major character in the manga. She almost as minor of a character as you can get, the only person more minor than her is Tenten.
    Like i said Naruto have never shown any feeling for Hinata and doesn't really know she likes him. While on the other hand Sakura throughout Part 2 have shown a lot of feeling for Naruto.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Fairy Vearth's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Not to be rude but it doesn't really matter where it leaves her, she not a major character in the manga. She almost as minor of a character as you can get, the only person more minor than her is Tenten.
    you said it^^ but it is just in the 2nd part. in the 1st part she was shown several times.

But for now, there is someone, I really hope he had someone: Kakashi. Asuma left his child to Shikamaru, so Kakashi might have someone as well. I thought about the female anbu who visited Hayate...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Yeah, Kakashi need to get some. He really need a girl. His life have been so tragic, the least Kishi could do is give him a girl.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I would be severely disapointed if the biggest part in hinata's life was some kid who she hasnt seen in almost three years. That would make hinata even lamer and ten times the stalker I think she was.
    And isnt naruto a bigger part in sakura's development than in hinata's? granted that sasuke is also a part in sakura's development, but if it wasnt for sakura's desire to help and protect naruto, she wouldnt be the exceptional fighter and medical ninja she is today.
    @deviant
    If naruto and sakura pair up, hinata will be where she has always been; in a place where she is not seen and forgotten.
    A good writer write things with some sense. Hinata will play her role. If not, Kishi wouldn't have shown to us she seeing Naruto lleaving Konoha Hinata at the end of part 1. If you think that secondary characters are only the as an "temporary-auxiliar-tool" that's not so, because he wants to tell us an story with a world and some other characters need their theme to be solved before the story ends. Hinata's theme is all about change. She has not shown to us her change yet, so, in a moment she'll do it. That makes a good story. Don't bash characters so only because you don't like them. That does not make a good debate. Please make a better argument than the poor "she's secondary she does not need to appear anymoar" one, because you know that's not truth.

About Sakura, I think is sufficient to her to show now she has change, and accept Naruto, admires him and recognize all he have done for her, as she must to do with her teammates and friends. They have a strong bond of team 7. She does not need to love him in a romantic way for that. And all the change she has was more to bring Sasuke back, now in part 2, AFTER Naruto returned, she has shown more towards him. Sure, now she sees he's cool and acknowledged by the most of the village.

Quote Quote:
    You know that's not true. I don't know why you say those things. You know Hinata has her theme, she has a little role in the story, even if she's a secondary character. As i Said before, she has a theme that needs to be solved. I think she must confess her feelings to Naruto in order to solve a part of her development as character. That has been foreshadowed in databooks. Kishimoto wrote them. So, you like it or not, she will appear more, and we will see her progress soon or later.
    I don't want making mention of what i think about Tenten, because I don't wanna bash her. But you know she has not any theme in the manga. We don't know anything about her past, or something, so you can't even compare her with Hinata.

Quote Quote:
    Like i said Naruto have never shown any feeling for Hinata and doesn't really know she likes him. While on the other hand Sakura throughout Part 2 have shown a lot of feeling for Naruto.
    Yeah, and that's a good point, he doesn't know it. And what if he does? I think he couldn't notice that any girl could fall for him, because he has not been any popular never before, so he can't figure it out. But I can't imagine he could reject Hinata. Remember he told her she likes people like her. And don't come with the typical "Hinata is not able to confess her feelings/This is a shonen so blabh blah", Kishimoto gave her a chapter to she confess him that she admires him, and she even cheer him up a lot, she gave him a lot of confidence before that epic Fight v/s Neji... So why wouldn't Kishimoto give her the chance to confess? He even said in a interview that he wants she gets a chance, so the possibility in there.
    Last edited by Pia-chan; November 17, 2008 at 09:59 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All anyone can ever say as a counter point is that this or that character is not a major character, so they don't matter.

I kinda get tired of it, rofl.

Anyway, Kishi knows how much people lofe Hinata, and she is a support character after all. Besides, the whole Hyuuga thing needs more elaboration in the future. We don't really know anything about the Hyuuga family, and it's supposed to be "stronger" than the Sharingan, which we've yet to see proof of.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pia-chan View Post
    A good writer write things with some sense. Hinata will play her role. If not, Kishi wouldn't have shown to us she seeing Naruto lleaving Konoha Hinata at the end of part 1. If you think that secondary characters are only the as an "temporary-auxiliar-tool" that's not so, because he wants to tell us an story with a world and some other characters need their theme to be solved before the story ends. Hinata's theme is all about change. She has not shown to us her change yet, so, in a moment she'll do it. That makes a good story. Don't bash characters so only because you don't like them. That does not make a good debate. Please make a better argument than the poor "she's secondary she does not need to appear anymoar" one, because you know that's not truth.

About Sakura, I think is sufficient to her to show now she has change, and accept Naruto, admires him and recognize all he have done for her, as she must to do with her teammates and friends. They have a strong bond of team 7. She does not need to love him in a romantic way for that. And all the change she has was more to bring Sasuke back, now in part 2, AFTER Naruto returned, she has shown more towards him. Sure, now she sees he's cool and acknowledged by the most of the village.

You know that's not true. I don't know why you say those things. You know Hinata has her theme, she has a little role in the story, even if she's a secondary character. As i Said before, she has a theme that needs to be solved. I think she must confess her feelings to Naruto in order to solve a part of her development as character. That has been foreshadowed in databooks. Kishimoto wrote them. So, you like it or not, she will appear more, and we will see her progress soon or later.
    On the other hand, there is a strong posibility that hinata already played her part. Even in the previous arc, when she could have played a decent part she wasnt shown, and apparently she didnt do anything beyond using her byakugan. And technically if she is a secundary character, there is no need for her to appear, since she is secondary. It all depends on what kishi wants to do.
    Besides, my only problem with hinata is that she hasnt been developed. She played a role during part 1 as a motivation to beat neji, but other than that, she hasnt brought anything to the story in almost 300 chapters. IMO it doesnt really make sense to root for her since she practicaly hasnt being in the manga. She has obviously have an increase in her abilities and confidence since part 1 (although it is mostly implied, not shown), but personality wise, she hasnt changed in the least bit.
    I also prefer the naruxsaku pairing because it is what naruto wants, and it has always been what naruto wants. While it could easily be a teen crush, it would make a lot more sense than naruxhina.
    BTW, I dont hate hinato, hell, if she gets properly developed I could even change my mind about this. But only if she shows drastic change though. If she is developed but her change is not substantial and meaningfull, I dont think I would change my mind...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Fairy Vearth's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck
    well, i dont think that it's easy for her to develope. Kishi made her look uncool and covered all of her body. Her position isn't something to compare with other girls. Naruto is like a light in her conventional life...After some time I think she won't be allowed to do any missions and probably there we will get to see some developement.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hum, one can say that we already saw romance in the time skip: Kurenai and Asuma;

Yes, since part 1 it was possible to notice something between them, but it was implicity, etc.
    But in part 2, the romance became clear in th immortals arc, and even Kurenai was pregnant.

I don't know if this is the type of romance that Kishimoto will show to us, but in the current state of the manga, I don't see any romance coming soon. So many issues must be settled first before the true love XD

And please, again, we're here to discuss the general romance in Narutoverse, should the posts keep talking only about Sakura and Hinata, this thread will be merged soon.

Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    On the other hand, there is a strong posibility that hinata already played her part. Even in the previous arc, when she could have played a decent part she wasnt shown, and apparently she didnt do anything beyond using her byakugan. And technically if she is a secundary character, there is no need for her to appear, since she is secondary. It all depends on what kishi wants to do.
    Besides, my only problem with hinata is that she hasnt been developed. She played a role during part 1 as a motivation to beat neji, but other than that, she hasnt brought anything to the story in almost 300 chapters. IMO it doesnt really make sense to root for her since she practicaly hasnt being in the manga. She has obviously have an increase in her abilities and confidence since part 1 (although it is mostly implied, not shown), but personality wise, she hasnt changed in the least bit.
    I also prefer the naruxsaku pairing because it is what naruto wants, and it has always been what naruto wants. While it could easily be a teen crush, it would make a lot more sense than naruxhina.
    BTW, I dont hate hinato, hell, if she gets properly developed I could even change my mind about this. But only if she shows drastic change though. If she is developed but her change is not substantial and meaningfull, I dont think I would change my mind...
    Spoiler show

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast