Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by lorddegree View Post
    As I've said before, Sakura has cried over Naruto on more than one occasion, and it's not clear what Sakura is actually crying about (is she crying about the Cloud Ninja wanting to kill Sasuke, is she crying over the fact that Sasuke has betrayed her and Naruto by joining Akatsuki, or is she crying over the fact that Sasuke may eventually be the next person to target Naruto?) Feelings being suppressed does not imply not having them at all, Naruto is, once again, trying to put, what he believes to be, Sakura's feelings and happiness ahead of his own (while Sasuke, has only put his own feelings of revenge ahead of everything and everyone else). Sakura's declaration of love in Part I doesn't say anything about her feelings torwards Naruto now, nor does it speak to Sasuke's feelings towards Sakura.

Which brings up the real problem here, Sasuke doesn't seem to have any feelings for Sakura (romantic or otherwise).
    Sasuke cares for his team 7 one way or another. When he nearly died fighting Bee, for one reason or another, they of all people, not his brother, not his family, Team 7 popped into his head.

Sakura is going to have to choose between Naruto or Sasuke. Whomever she chooses, Naruto will most likely go along with it, because his goal is too make her happy. If that's with him, he will give his undying love for her. If she chooses Sasuke, he'll end up with Hinata. The ball is in her court.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@jdw
    Sakura and Naruto want Sasuke back. Sakura hasn't declared her love for Sasuke since part 1. Frankly, i thought Sasuke gave it a pretty cold reception then and a lot has happened since. I'm not willing to say where Sakura's feelings stand because honestly i don't know what they are and it's my guess neither does Sakura.

She has acted a lot closer to Naruto in part 2 than she did in part 1, i think that is a generally accepted fact. I also feel quite sure she has lingering feeling for Sasuke of some kind. It's the degree and nature of these two factors which is the root of this huge debate.

My point by saying Naruto was crying too is that the sadness is not necessarily romantic. You may say that she wants Sasuke back for reason relating to love but if i'm not mistaken the reason she keeps giving for getting Sasuke back is to get things back to how they used to be. For Naruto, Sasuke and her to all be as it was before.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 02, 2009 at 08:44 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi45 View Post
    Sasuke cares for his team 7 one way or another. When he nearly died fighting Bee, for one reason or another, they of all people, not his brother, not his family, Team 7 popped into his head.

Sakura is going to have to choose between Naruto or Sasuke. Whomever she chooses, Naruto will most likely go along with it, because his goal is too make her happy. If that's with him, he will give his undying love for her. If she chooses Sasuke, he'll end up with Hinata. The ball is in her court.
    It is my hope that Naruto steals the ball from Sakura and places it firmly in his own court, and then into Hinata's. Sakura is a fine young lady but Naruto deserves Hinata. Sasuke doesn't deserve Sakura, even though I think they will be together. She deserves better, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    @jdw
    Sakura and Naruto want Sasuke back. Sakura hasn't declared her love for Sasuke since part 1. Frankly, i thought Sasuke gave it a pretty cold reception then and a lot has happened since. I'm not willing to say where Sakura's feelings stand because honestly i don't know what they are and it's my guess neither does Sakura.
    Until it is otherwise proven beyond reasonable doubt, her love for Sasuke is canon and indisputable. Sorry.
    Last edited by jdw; July 02, 2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Essence's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    It is my hope that Naruto steals the ball from Sakura and places it firmly in his own court, and then into Hinata's. Sakura is a fine young lady but Naruto deserves Hinata. Sasuke doesn't deserve Sakura, even though I think they will be together. She deserves better, by far.
    You know i really don't see the whole naruto and hinata connection. I can't really remember the last time where they had an actual conversation. Naruto really has no chemistry with her, its kinda like a crush. sakura on the hand has come to accept naruto, she converse with Naruto more than Hinata ever does, plus they had a great working relationship and good chemistry.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ren Boy-'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

But lets change the discussion it is peoples words against others

So jdw, as a big fan of the boy, who do you think konohamaru will get with

it is defiently someone older, because he is a pimp

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Essence View Post
    You know i really don't see the whole naruto and hinata connection. I can't really remember the last time where they had an actual conversation. Naruto really has no chemistry with her, its kinda like a crush. sakura on the hand has come to accept naruto, she converse with Naruto more than Hinata ever does, plus they had a great working relationship and good chemistry.
    Yep, just like a crush. You can keep on thinking that. You'll be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ren Boy- View Post
    But lets change the discussion it is peoples words against others

So jdw, as a big fan of the boy, who do you think konohamaru will get with

it is defiently someone older, because he is a pimp
    Ino will take Kono's virginity. Kono will sleep with Moegi, but he will probably end up with Hanabi. Udon will accept the heartbroken and roughly used Moegi.
    Last edited by jdw; July 02, 2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought tsunade and konohamaru suited. If you know what I mean

konohamaru is going to become a sex fiend

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ren Boy- View Post
    I always thought tsunade and konohamaru suited. If you know what I mean
    That is an unspoken love

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Essence's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's kind of generic for her to say considering she hasn't talk to him more than 5 time. hinata would be a good choice for Naruto than sakura, but from a realistic point of view, sakura has better chemistry with naruto Considering they spend more time togethr. Now if sakura were to say to naruto I Love you, i would believe Sakura more so than hinata because they have a chemistry. Its kinda of like naruto bond with sasuke, i would believe because they were friend.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That is an unspoken love
    Mature.In.Love.Friends as they say lool

they will be the next bonnie and clyde and they will steal stuff and become outlaws in the ninja world

yh, owtlaws!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Essence View Post
    That's kind of generic for her to say considering she hasn't talk to him more than 5 time. hinata would be a good choice for Naruto than sakura, but from a realistic point of view, sakura has better chemistry with naruto Considering they spend more time togethr. Now if sakura were to say to naruto I Love you, i would believe Sakura more so than hinata
    You can judge her love all you want, but she doesn't have to prove it to you, only Naruto. Hinata threw herself in front of Pain, blah blah you have heard it all before. Naruto may end up with Sakura, I don't think it is the best thing for him though.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Care so much that he tried to kill her twice...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomeMade Nindo View Post
    Care so much that he tried to kill her twice...
    Hey, I never said his care for her was greater than his care for himself, his revenge plan, or a ham sandwich, only that he cares

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    I knew I'd find you here Max!
    always in the romance threads with JD

My comment is that Kishi leaves many ambiguous scenes and hints only to demolish them later. He can do many twists, meaning that all the hints of NaruSaku could very tell turn to SasuSaku in the upcoming chapters.

I must say NaruSaku makes the most sense at the moment, being all close and talkative as always. Now we even get physical contact, yay. And some more understanding from Naruto's side .

but knowing kishi and his logic of shipping equality, we'll get a big SasuSaku hint soon enough. (Not complaining, Kishi needs to spread the love )
    Yeah, I'm always here, defending the perfect NaruSaku
    Especially from those that want Naruto to be with Hinata just because of her boobs

I agree with you though, Kishi is always juggling with the three pairings.
    He gave us a HUGE NaruHina moments, then Naruto doesn't care...
    Then he gave us a NaruSaku moments...
    Then, the next chapter, Sakura cries over Sasuke...

I think Kishi still don't know how the pairings will end and he's letting the door open until the end, so that he will be able to make something up that will kinda make sense

Because, let's be honest, any of the three pairings (NaruSaku, NaruHina, SasuSaku) could happen right now, and no one would be like : "WTF!? "

Any of those three is plausible.
    And I think that's how Kishi wants it.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomeMade Nindo View Post
    Yeah, I'm always here, defending the perfect NaruSaku
    Especially from those that want Naruto to be with Hinata just because of her boobs

I agree with you though, Kishi is always juggling with the three pairings.
    He gave us a HUGE NaruHina moments, then Naruto doesn't care...
    Then he gave us a NaruSaku moments...
    Then, the next chapter, Sakura cries over Sasuke...

I think Kishi still don't know how the pairings will end and he's letting the door open until the end, so that he will be able to make something up that will kinda make sense

Because, let's be honest, any of the three pairings (NaruSaku, NaruHina, SasuSaku) could happen right now, and no one would be like : "WTF!? "

People wanted Naruto & Hinata pair before she ever had boobs. If Sakura actually matured it might hurt less

Thread Closed
Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast