Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why were the Gantz balls created?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member croissant's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Why were the Gantz balls created?

Ok, im gonna throw something crazy...

The germans were the first to discover, and capture alien technology. Not like what most people think that the americans were the first. While doing reverse technology they had a sudden mishap and all their captured and created aliens went loose wrecking havoc on the entire world. To keep this mishap under wraps and rather going public (which could undoubtly put all blame on germany) they created the gantz balls and forcibly put civilians to capture and destroy these aliens, while keeping everything hush hush. They knew that saying all this to world would certainly create widespread panic. They alone wouldn't be able to this job alone so they of course, sent gantz ball to other countries. If the country was willing to accept gantz ball or germany smuggled them in, i don't know....

*copied some posts from the discussion threads and put it here. Please continue discussions and throw your theories of the 'Existence of Gantz' here. ~ baboysai

Changed thread title to make topic more apparent ^^ ~igotthegoods
    Last edited by igotthegoods; November 16, 2008 at 07:17 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 284 Discussion/285 Prediction Thread

^^^^

this may just be the best gantz theory I ever herd. IDK if I think its so good cuz im drunk right now, but you sir are the theory master

::crowns you::
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

it sounds good crossiant, but somehow I have a gut feeling it's all too plausible and logical to become the reason for gantz.

Somehow the manga is always... wacky? ahahaha.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner putopooche's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused existence of gantz

i think human's living 2000 a.d... have advance technology greater than today (gantz world)... the human's in that time is experimenting how to become immortal or "immortality... the experiment is held what we call now germany... the scientist first creation is the project "alien"... their first motive is to create abnormal speed of reproduction .. its like the 100point alien whose able to reproduce itself to new form and able to live forever... by mean's of accident the alien's were able think by itself and began a rebellion against the human who create them.. but the scientist have a hypothesis before they start the project that this might may happen.. in the same time of creating the alien.. there is also called project "gantz" ..the project that will exterminate the other project if unnecessary thing occurs... but the gantz project did not completely finish their task..Other alien's were able to escape and spread throughout the world... because this unplanned thing happened ..all of the gantzball scatter and deploy all over world to exterminate the remaining alien's.. because the scientist thinks that the alien are going reproduce themselves and start a war that will finish the human race.. year's later the scientist planned another project of immortality.. they call it "project vampirism" this time they used human to use.. this process uses human blood to be the key of the immortality.. they succeeded.. but the humans who became the experiment's tool .. know that their existence in the world is immortal or what they call godlike powers.. their minds start to create dark plans which means of greediness and escape in the laboratory and start and new world w/c them is ruler.. years later the human used to an experiment tools were called " vampires " .. and they started to escape from the human scientists .. this is a another lose of the scientist and use again the gantz to exterminate the vampires... vampires manage to escape.. they scatter, hide and reproduce themselves like the aliens... after time is being so long vampires known the existence of aliens and planned to create an alliance with them and start the rebellion... the scientist is aware of this.. so they create more gantz ,improve the items,weapons and etc.. so on they create an estimation when will the alliance of vampires and aliens start to create the rebellion and so on called the catastrophe ....

this is just my theory hahaha

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

how bout this for wacky...

gantz is actually a primetime gameshow in germany. Shown in underground bars where the elite bet their money on their favorite gantzer. Every bigshot invests their money on that gantzer and in turn that money is used to fund the elite weapons. Its pretty simple. If your gantzer wins you win double what you bet. If you lose, well... you lose. If the gantzer chooses to be free then any investments made by the investor that were on that player will be doubled and given back. If he picked the weapon, then further income can be made since he still plays. A certain percentage always goes to gantz (I mean, how the hell will they get income?)... And lastly, if a person is revived within gantz that opens up more possible bets to be made.

And oh yeah, the producer of gantz is nishi's dad... hehe

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

your other theory was better but yeh i guess that could work since oku hinted how sick humans can be. but then what are the good guys gonna do, kill every sick hearted person?
    your first theory just may be it, or very close to it but how they get to all over the world from germany? maybe the germans main base is 'up above' whre that laszer is and thats why they have that gun so instead of killing all aliens, capture some back for further fun expriments. but either on all these it would mean the good guys would have to fight gantz and thats knocking on heavens door >_> gantz has chips in their head and can mae them go bang bang but then i wonder where the vampires come into this?

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... aliens suddenly spreading from the main base of germany to other nation seems a bit too farfetched. Especially through lasers. Lasers seem to have limited range. The farthest i've seen gantz do with lasers is with tae when reika picked to revive her. Anything else was always inside the room. But copying and teleporting (living) things to other places seems pretty common for gantz. Like when the tokyo team was teleported to osaka. This is much more different than the teleporting done with the gantz ball in tokyo where it takes dead or soon to be dead people within the tokyo area into gantz. So Gantz doesn't have a limit in how far a thing can be teleported to.. well at least, between gantz balls.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

tae was tranported outside because she was not gantzer, gantz killed her because she knew.
    i mean where ever that laser is coming from in space is the main base of gantz like the control room.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by croissant View Post
    how bout this for wacky...

gantz is actually a primetime gameshow in germany. Shown in underground bars where the elite bet their money on their favorite gantzer. Every bigshot invests their money on that gantzer and in turn that money is used to fund the elite weapons. Its pretty simple. If your gantzer wins you win double what you bet. If you lose, well... you lose. If the gantzer chooses to be free then any investments made by the investor that were on that player will be doubled and given back. If he picked the weapon, then further income can be made since he still plays. A certain percentage always goes to gantz (I mean, how the hell will they get income?)... And lastly, if a person is revived within gantz that opens up more possible bets to be made.

And oh yeah, the producer of gantz is nishi's dad... hehe
    LOL if he turned out to have been telling the truth from the start

yeah that'd be wacky.

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    your other theory was better but yeh i guess that could work since oku hinted how sick humans can be.
    When you pointed that out, it actually seemed logical. That all this time he was trying to prove that it's all just a mindfuck, or something. That'd be totally gantz

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    tae was tranported outside because she was not gantzer, gantz killed her because she knew.
    i mean where ever that laser is coming from in space is the main base of gantz like the control room.
    Or it's a satellite and the giant ball in Germany is the main base.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

but if teleports are made via satellite then the hunts on open spaces would be ridiculous. Gantz could easily transport detected aliens via satellite and end hunts easily. Why sacrifice humans to destroy aliens when you can teleport aliens you can see? maybe my wacky gameshow idea is better, haha...

If there really is a satellite then hunts should be done in enclosed places like buildings and underground stuff... maybe bases.

The satellites are probably inaccurate (which is weird) which is the reason why the gantz teams have the y-gun.... a sort of hotspot for satellites to target on for the transfer. You know what, forget my first two paragraphs... im starting to believe there is a satellite. And the satellite was the reason why aliens where transported across the globe. Since its inaccurate, germany wouldnt have a good fix as to where aliens were sent....

sorry for running in circles, haha
    Last edited by croissant; November 16, 2008 at 07:46 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why were the Gantz balls created?

why would they bother with scores and weapon upgrades if they could just eliminate stray aliens with the ultimate weapons they already have.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ give them a sense of hope and purpose? it would certainly suck for people captive of gantz to just die without any reason....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Good theory, I guess scattering many gantz balls might serve as creating a mini HQ's. Which would explain the independance of the gantz balls.

One thing that still doesn't add up though is why the animal gantzers? If they were made by humans wouldn't they atleast know to only target humans? Oddly enough this might work with the reality show theory, seeing if the animal dies or not..

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rene_01's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

but why civilians and not soldiers? i mean who will be more prepare to fight vs aliens? and old man or a soldier of 20-30 years old?

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast