Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why were the Gantz balls created?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revilenigma's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why were the Gantz balls created?

i dont think its that simple, the reason behind gantz seems to be lot more epic and most likely has something to do with the end of the world.
    http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/revilenigma/avatars%20and%20sigs/boxman.png

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

thats just the thing, we dont know of anyone stronger then gantz or more mysterious in the manga. Gantz could just be a way for some terrorist organization to test some tech they have, or it could be the savior or destroyer of man kind. it seems to display both cruelty and fairness, and has a strong following of the rules. whats more we dont even know if gantz is a person or a computer, we dont know if it can feel emotion or if its just programmed to react to nearly everything

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nutype's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

im really not buying the argument that monsters in the manga are really aliens. Just doesnt make sense for advanced aliens travelling light yrs to live amongst humans as statues and stuff. The more simpler explanation is that Gantz makes them just like it makes the suits and weapons.

Who is behind it all? Hard to say. Perhaps the technology comes from the future humans or some other alien race. I'm definately going to rule out the supernatural here or God as an explanation

The purpose? Im thinking it's for entertainment or simply experimentation.

I'm actually very hopeful that Oku wont give us a cheap explanation. He will most likely give us something sound probably one or more of the stuff i suggested.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gantz8213's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well my theroy is that Gantz is alien technology that Germany massed produced. Im thinking the laser is like a satellite, and acts like a cell phone, the signal (alien or human) goes up to the satellite, and bonces back to the Gantz ball receiver (the other phone). Now this may have been thought of, and said in different words, but i think that the aliens are Interstellar Gantzers. Like when the original Gantz ball crashed (the huge one) it contained either the plans for the little balls or a little ball in side for examination. along with the ball/plans, either the aliens, stored in the Huge Gantz balls memory, would be projected through the world.
    Then one of the aliens made a deal with the German government (or who ever they found) that they won't kill them if they make mass numbers of the Gantz balls and have them sent through out the world. This could of happened years ago (making it reasonable enough for the 1000 arm to not know of the Gantz fighting as it could of been 'born' on earth).

Now if any of thats true then Gantz will get more interesting because i think that part of the deal or whatever was that they had to kill all the aliens with out letting the other humans know, in a set ammount of time. And i think that Katstrophe is simply the end of that limt, and that either the aliens will go on a killing spree in the citys or a 'Mothership' will come to destroy the Earth...

Now that's wacky, far-fetched, and believable enough to be what happens...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i think nazis are connected to all this, why else would it come from germany? and i thik the aliens were once humans, remember the comi chibi alien, no boss, all equal and they say comrade
    http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/revilenigma/avatars%20and%20sigs/boxman.png

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

There's more to Germany than Nazi's.... besides, why would they let other countries play with their balls?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

more to germany than nazis? really? maybe the aliens are a result of nazi experiments and the gantz balls are a way for germany to make amends...a strech I know.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Renan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Plot Twist: Hitler cloned himself several times and placed himself inside the Gantz balls! It all makes sense!
    My grandmother always told me that the best way to end the day was with a long shower. A long shower that is so hot your flesh will slowly burn off and you chance of survival is very small...I don't see her a lot.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Please...no more Nazi Stuff, i'm tired of it.

I hope is something more original than the Nazi conspiration.

and i fully agree with Nutype.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, NuType did hit the nail on the head with his post, I believe it pretty much.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Renan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe I skipped over Nutype's post. That was actually really good. I'm surprised I didn't think of it. When you think about it it's all pretty simple.
    My grandmother always told me that the best way to end the day was with a long shower. A long shower that is so hot your flesh will slowly burn off and you chance of survival is very small...I don't see her a lot.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they haven't been living in statues for years. It's possible they just sort of possess them. Each group of aliens seems to have their own motive, too. The onion aliens just seem to want to blend in with society. The Oni's seemed happy to just take the form of humans too. They were only hostile against the gantzers because they were known for hunting down aliens. It's only recently that we've seen aliens openly attacking civilians. I doubt that Gantz created the onion aliens to fight Nishi for entertainment... Another thing to consider is the aliens fighting each other during the Dino mission, the existence of the Vampires (who seem to be external from both Gantz and the aliens), and the fact that Tae became a target.

Some other inconsistencies include:
    - The Y-Gun
    - The fact that Gantz is willing to waste all of it's people on a single mission, even though it can presumably erase the aliens it created
    - The fact that aliens are allowed to exist in the world for long periods of time before they are chosen to be hunted down, when it would be easier for them all to be simply sent in to die after creation
    - The fact that Gantz is clearly losing control of it's functions.

Gantz can't even operate the lighting in it's apartment. I don't know about you, but when the lights are all fucked up and I can't resurrect any more corpses, I tend to postpone the unleashing of hordes of aliens upon innocent civilians.
    Last edited by Damura; February 22, 2009 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amigo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe theres some gantz ballz that get human players and some gantz ballz that get alien players and its like a huge game of tennis?
    YO

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

A Gantz that summoned an onion alien and his child, sent them into some shitty apartment for a month, and then told the other Gantz to summon Kei & friends to go slaughter them?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if Oku makes such inconsistencies just to create questions and mystery, can he really answer or clear any of the mystery up in a way that satisfies us? His style might never be to answer the questions, especially when he can just change direction. He is only really required to point us in the direction of the answers, and the manga can end like that. The best I'm hoping for is shocking revelations (which would also create more questions). If he does clear up all these inconsistencies in a way that satisfies us it would be a truly more epic manga than it already is.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast