Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Why were the Gantz balls created?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why were the Gantz balls created?

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    The Christian God does interfere though... like all the time. Even now they're still saying that miracles are happening and all that.

Christianity just seems like one big mess to me... Anyway, Gantz isn't a god.
    Well, I'm just associating it with an established religion. I'm not preaching a religion, for the record.

Even though Gantz is NOT a religion, and its background maybe human constructed, then why does the manga suggests that an occult group is worshipping these balls?

It can also be based on ANY FORM OF BELIEF, such as the pagan belief in all European and Asian mythologies that a hero can even be resurrected from the spirit world (or in the manga, its the Gantz database).

Personally I also believe that the established religion is disorganized, but I don't blame the belief, I blame the people who are the in control of an organization who represents those beliefs. They are no better than the Pharisees who puts Christ on the cross because the latter did not recognize Herod as the "messiah" during that time - again, bear in mind that this is JUST an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post

It's just another human. Everything that Gantz does can be explained away by human behaviour. There's no need to attribute it to god or anything else. It's not even supposed to be based off of any notion of God... He throws you into a world with a set of rules, and if you want something out of it you have to earn it yourself. That's all there is.

Why are there kids and animals? Well it's interesting, that's why. It's not some 'noah's ark' bullshit.... it's not out to save humanity. The technology was put in the hands of a human and he used it to satisfy his greed. End of story.

The reasoning for this is fairly simple... if anyone set out to save humanity this is probably the most ineffective way imagineable. You want soldiers, you take soldiers and you give them the technology. You want to create some sort of ark for the new world, you don't fill up your database 90% with adult males. You certainly don't give a bunch of sociopaths 5 gantz balls with which to capture all the existing Gantz players simply to throw them into suididal situations.

I think you're looking for some bright and optimistic ending when really there isn't one. If by some bizarre twist of fate this whole thing was simply a process to ultimately save humanity they're doing it all wrong.

Lol enjoy your 'new world' with one panda, one dog, 3 women and 9000 men.
    For one thing, the manga is still ongoing. Why would you say that its humanly made, and all the other things you mentioned here, when its not yet fully explained? The only person who can fill us in to what Gantz really is, that its the author of the manga himself.

Though I agree with you there: Gantz technologies are synthetic and human, however, their origins cannot be quantified. This is why I associate it with the alien theory.

Also, I don't think the manga is that cold too, considering Kurono's growth as a human being, and his relationship with his girlfriend, Tae, despite all the social commentaries the author has presented in the entire manga.

So if you don't like that idea about the ark, I ask you: why not? They used that idea in the Spriggan anime, so why not use it to associate that in my theory? The ark is made by humans after all, and Noah was human. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If the Gantz balls are not out to save humanity, then fine, for the record I don't tell people to believe in it. It's just a theory, and since this is a forum, I only share my ideas, I don't take it personally. I dunno about you though, your cynicism and somewhat condescending tone in your last reply makes me wonder if you are taking this Gantz thing too personally. It also intrigues me to ask: What is your entire take on the theory? Since you take the whole Christian thing personally with a grudge.
    Last edited by Bigbot; August 01, 2011 at 03:22 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbot View Post
    They are no better than the Pharisees who puts Christ on the cross because the latter did not recognize Herod as the "messiah" during that time - again, bear in mind that this is JUST an example.
    I wouldn't know about that.

For one thing, the manga is still ongoing. Why would you say that its humanly made, and all the other things you mentioned here, when its not yet fully explained? The only person who can fill us in to what Gantz really is, that its the author of the manga himself.
    I don't know who is supposed to have designed Gantz. All I know is that humans are in control of it now. They added USB ports.

Though I agree with you there: Gantz technologies are synthetic and human, however, their origins cannot be quantified. This is why I associate it with the alien theory.

Also, I don't think the manga is that cold too, considering Kurono's growth as a human being, and his relationship with his girlfriend, Tae, despite all the social commentaries the author has presented in the entire manga.
    I'm not really interested in the origin of the technology. Just who's in control of it.

Yeah the manga's not all dark and depressing. It's in way too deep for some kind of happy ending though.

So if you don't like that idea about the ark, I ask you: why not? They used that idea in the Spriggan anime, so why not use it to associate that in my theory? The ark is made by humans after all, and Noah was human. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Noah was reportedly human, yes.

Never seen Spriggan. I don't like the idea of an ark because it doesn't make sense considering what we've seen. The ball chooses people at random and only people that have died. There's no good reason for this. There's also a huge over-representation of men. There's hardly any women or animals and there's no plants, so what the fuck?

They've somehow found a safe planet to transport this ark? How? When? What happens when the giants eventually catch up, which they inevitably will? If the whole purpose was to save humanity and they can just teleport to random planets at will then what is the purpose of the hunts and why would they hand over several balls to those sociopaths that sent a large number of Japan's gantzers on a suicide mission? If they were going for something like that it's way too convoluted.

If the Gantz balls are not out to save humanity, then fine, for the record I don't tell people to believe in it. It's just a theory, and since this is a forum, I only share my ideas, I don't take it personally. I dunno about you though, your cynicism and somewhat condescending tone in your last reply makes me wonder if you are taking this Gantz thing too personally. It also intrigues me to ask: What is your entire take on the theory? Since you take the whole Christian thing personally with a grudge.
    Didn't mean to come across that way, though clearly I can be a bit of a dickhead sometimes. I was just trying to point out a couple of reasons why I thought your theory probably isn't going to be correct. The database isn't really representative of the human race (too many men!) the way it is now and some ending where everyone lives happily ever after on a new planet seems a bit cheap to me. The other problem I have with it is... no human would accept known rapists and criminals into the database if they were concerned with settling on another planet. They would also go for live people first and foremost. What do they care about the dead for? They've left most of the planet to the mercy of the giants, apparently.

When I saw the factory in Germany in did cross my mind that those balls were made to 'collect' a ton of people once Katastrophe struck. After seeing the 'leaders' running around with 5 empty Gantz balls though I've changed my mind. Something's not right about it. I wonder if the factory was simply making imitation balls. Anyway...

When you brought up random scientists from the 40's finding alien technology that can help them journey through space (?) and time travel and all this other stuff... I don't know.. it just seemed like those ideas were pulled out of thin air.

If they were setting up an ark or looking for the best soldiers there's way better ways of doing it... From what I've seen I just don't think this is an option.

As for me I don't really have a theory of my own. There's just not that much to go on yet. I'm thinking this whole thing is just a game. Until we find out what the creators of Gantz are really up to there's not much to go on.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

EDIT: Forgot about this...

Well, I'm just associating it with an established religion. I'm not preaching a religion, for the record.

Even though Gantz is NOT a religion, and its background maybe human constructed, then why does the manga suggests that an occult group is worshipping these balls?

It can also be based on ANY FORM OF BELIEF, such as the pagan belief in all European and Asian mythologies that a hero can even be resurrected from the spirit world (or in the manga, its the Gantz database).

Personally I also believe that the established religion is disorganized, but I don't blame the belief, I blame the people who are the in control of an organization who represents those beliefs.
    I realised you weren't preaching or anything. I just find it hard to imagine Gantz as some metaphor for religion. I really can't see how you made that link at all. Take the ressurrections for example. It is what it is. Why does it have to be some reference to an ancient religion and invoking heroes? Why can't it just be resurrection?

The way I see it the Gantz technology fell into the hands of a human who used it solely to satisfy his own desires. Who designed the stuff? Don't know. Why did the German build it? For his own power and pleasure. Considering the German runs things I can't see him using it benefit the human race.
    Last edited by Damura; August 01, 2011 at 04:03 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i personally believe it is another alien race we have not seen that plays hands off for whatever there reason. assuming they are the true precursor to these events. i to have wondered about the beam that starts the transfer process at least as far as where it goes. it is possible the weapons are dimensional weapons. just look what the H-gun does. splat splat splat. where does the disks of force come from?

another dimension. even the hard suits can block psi-blasts. another dimension. transfers/healing, another dimension.

im curious to know if the lack of human controllers has any effect on the fact there is no more healing or was it the aliens? shame the black ball controllers cant summon up one of those giant gantz robots like the one in the osaka affair. wow. kick some alien ass.

after gantz is over id enjoy a prequel story outlining in detail the events leading up to the moment kuro and kato appear in the room for the first time. that would be awesome.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SwissGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its hard to decide, or think, how the whole system works. On one side, we had the aliens wich did like nothing to humans(like onion or the statues), and then there are the dangerous ones wich envaded earth. Gantzers must earn points to get better equipment, could it be that the equipment is very limited ? And one big question, are the aliens on earth friendly witch the envaders?(think not since they have kinda zoo) :/ hard to think about it where the origins could be
    Last edited by SwissGantzer; November 09, 2011 at 02:16 AM.
    "The time has come to cast aside these bonds and to elevate our consciousness to a higher plane. It is time to become a part of all things!" "Puppetmaster *Gits*"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SwissGantzer View Post
    I think its hard to decide, or think, how the whole system works. On one side, we had the aliens wich did like nothing to humans(like onion or the statues), and then there are the dangerous ones wich envaded earth. Gantzers must earn points to get better equipment, could it be that the equipment is very limited ? And one big question, are the aliens on earth friendly witch the envaders?(think not since they have kinda zoo) :/ hard to think about it where the origins could be

i think it is further complicated by the vampires and humans with psi abilities. i remember when i first read the arc with and i was like, VAMPIRES?! Personally outside bram stokers Dracula and a Christopher Lee and Gary oldman as Dracula, i fucking cant stand vampires. i wish they were real so i could hunt them down and kill them for real. But i digress.

i dont think gantz robots are limited. its just a shame they havent made them yet?

i think the point system allowed people to stay or go if they wished. albiet after they gain 100 points. but hey, if you have to die to get to the room 100 points for a second chance is a fair deal. where is my x-gun? if you stayed and picked a new weapon.....time for some killins. who can resiste the allure of H-guns, bikes, hardsuits (with removable armor) to pummel tall aliens with.

In the end i hope the revealed source is not anti-climactic. but honestly Oku continues to surprise me and i feel he wont let the fans down.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked it better when you didn't know who was good and who was bad.

It seems they've completely rejected the idea that the aliens were actually innocent victims. I enjoyed when the aliens go so upset and potrayed the Gantz crew as just maliciously attacking them.

The fight in Kurono's class before izumi got his memories back and before he dated tae was fucking amazing.

The alien was just getting revenge on Kurono, and all kurono did was tell everyone to fuck off and left. didn't even care that Tae was gonna get killed lol

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6