Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 13

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yoniekai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 13

kaleidoscope is one of the best, but to me, his greatest work would be his tagalog songs. "dapat nang malaman niyo, bilib ako sa kulay ko".... that's just great poetry right there. who can spit out beats and pinoy pride words like him. "meron akong ano, meron akong kuwento!" the lyrics, they're like poetry from olden times. we may not realize it but he single handedly brought the filipino pride to the youth, suddenly kids from everywhere are shouting pinoy pride... he did a revolution that no one was aware of.

by now you guys should realize i'm a big francis m fan huh? i'm so sad really.... check out his blog guys http://francismagalona.multiply.com/
    `(•.°)~

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

hey....~ you guys didn't welcome mj and all...

like, the usual:
    1. top 5 current manga
    2. top 5 manga of all time
    3. school/course/job
    4. sexual fantasy (this is a new one, but I like it )

and the usual intros... blah blah blah. Oh hey guys, I saw janibravo in the FF. I didn't say hi or anything though. I wonder why he never stayed...

@yonie, much as I respect Francis M and his works and all, I don't wanna visit a dead guy's multiply site. And I certainly don't wanna see the thousands of people adding him up just because he's dead now

speaking of music, i heard bamboo never wrote any song back in the rivermaya days? and I wondered, darn, since I love him and stuff. how about his current bamboo days? does he have the ability to write or what? or is he hoarding a songwriter somewhere?
    Last edited by baboysai; March 06, 2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i think so too, rico wrote all the music back when bamboo was still there, but bamboo might have contributed something along the way. rico-ely-chito, holy trinity of pinoy rock. what's great about bamboo is his charisma and delivery, he's like the most charismatic frontman you could put in a band. of course bamboo writes his own songs now, he's really talented, he's obviously influenced by rico. he's pretty jazz oriented, his drummer also plays jazz that's why the drums in bamboo are complex...

what makes me sadder, the fact that there will most likely be a francis M tribute album and bands i don't like will be in it
    `(•.°)~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    hey....~ you guys didn't welcome mj and all...

like, the usual:
    1. top 5 current manga
    2. top 5 manga of all time
    3. school/course/job
    4. sexual fantasy (this is a new one, but I like it )

and the usual intros... blah blah blah. Oh hey guys, I saw janibravo in the FF. I didn't say hi or anything though. I wonder why he never stayed...
    Thanks :P. I lurked for awhile, but never been active til recently, when I've been trying my hand at translations. And I still suck at it, but hopefully I'll get it down pat with enough practice.

1. I only do mainstream shounen currently, because I have too many interests to have the time for anything extra or serious :P. Anyway, my downloads right now are Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, DGM (yay, it's back!), Fairy Tail, FMA, and Hunter X Hunter.

2. Favorite manga of all time? I can't really give 5 since my manga experience is quite limited, and I can't judge ongoing series yet, but the two that will definitely be on the top so far would be Rurouni Kenshin and Death Note.

3. I'm an OSY (except for the youth part) :P. I've been out of school for more than 4 years now. Never graduated. I took Mechanical Engineering in UPD before having to shift out 42 units short of graduating because of poor grades and conflicts with the professors and was invited to shift to BS Math, took some units, but I never fully shifted and eventually quit school because of sickness. I'm probably the only Oblation scholar never to graduate, heh. I worked at a call center for a year, got promoted to a well paid job, but had to quit after 3 years working because of sickness again. I've been stuck at home for the past year trying to recuperate. It's not easy to find decent work-from-home jobs in this country.

4. The tricycle, as usual. I'm not in a hurry, though.

So, with all this time at home stuck what do I do? I've self-studied some Japanese, know a whole slew of programming languages, watch American shows, anime, and the occasional dorama/Korean drama, and polishing my database design skills so that if I do get back to health I won't be rusty.

EDIT: Oh, and just in case, I'm male. . I had trouble when I was an agent with people calling me "Ma'am" because my nick was MJ.

Freakishly long intro . How about you? I guess yoniekai is from Iloilo or Cebu? Mga ginikanan ko sa Iloilo naga-tinir.
    Last edited by kuroihikari; March 06, 2009 at 12:45 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yoniekai View Post
    what makes me sadder, the fact that there will most likely be a francis M tribute album and bands i don't like will be in it
    don't give them ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhermano View Post
    3. I'm an OSY (except for the youth part) :P. I've been out of school for more than 4 years now. Never graduated. I took Mechanical Engineering in UPD before having to shift out 42 units short of graduating because of poor grades and conflicts with the professors and was invited to shift to BS Math, took some units, but I never fully shifted and eventually quit school because of sickness. I'm probably the only Oblation scholar never to graduate, heh. I worked at a call center for a year, got promoted to a well paid job, but had to quit after 3 years working because of sickness again. I've been stuck at home for the past year trying to recuperate. It's not easy to find decent work-from-home jobs in this country.
    ooh interesting. ^^ an oble scholar to boot! I'm from UPD too but i'm studying culinary now hehe. But you got into a call center knowing you had a condition? it's bad for your health and everything

i know a friend who's doing editing and essays for other people who aren't so proficient in english (or else, just lazy students who ask others to do their thesis/dissertations for them) and the good thing is, you get to pick the projects you want. I wanna try it out too. i think it's essaywriters.net or something.

I noticed you didn't post your age. how old are you? hehe. may mga kilala ako sa mech eng... at nag kalai ako, baka batchmate tayo

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, Kalai din ako. But I'm way older than you are. 1997 ang student number ko . I'm going on 28. Old enough to grow bored of going to the UP Fair and Lantern Parade every year .

On the call center thing, I took a few months off after school para maging work-ready. It just got worse when I was almost two and a half years working. The recovery is taking awhile this time around.

The reason I don't have my age up is that I don't really post my b-day online :P. I worked in credit card customer service, and I've learned that an identity thief can go far with just your name and date of birth. Better be on the safe side.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjhermano View Post
    The reason I don't have my age up is that I don't really post my b-day online :P. I worked in credit card customer service, and I've learned that an identity thief can go far with just your name and date of birth. Better be on the safe side.
    well i don't have a credit card yet there are no assets to protect but my... physical assets ahahahaha. in 5 years time i'll have a lot of stuff to protect, provided i'll reach my goal by then. LOL. we're allowed to dream, right? and who knows, maybe i'll really reach it. no harm in thinking it.

anyway, just went out drinking tonight and i met a jerk. what an asshole. he was stupid to boot, so i couldn't care less. and he was trying to pick me up and i was like, what? the guy was married, admitted that he cheats, wanted to get laid but made the moves in front of my sister's boyfriend. my sister's boyfriend (who also acts like my big bro) was ready to cream the idiot.

PS: I got kinda depressed today because this crazy bum i always saw in the streets near our place, i saw him all bruised and bleeding this morning. He was obviously beaten up. and i thought, shit, some group probably beat him up for fun or for kicks or something. On the other side, baka nambastos ng babae at kaya ginulpi. Pero man, the guy's homeless and shirtless and stuff. sigh. what a world.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

well i don't have a credit card yet there are no assets to protect but my... physical assets ahahahaha. in 5 years time i'll have a lot of stuff to protect, provided i'll reach my goal by then. LOL. we're allowed to dream, right? and who knows, maybe i'll really reach it. no harm in thinking it.
    Goals? What goals? Conquer the world with colgate?

Btw, shouldnt you be asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you still have a goal . I love this country, but seriously it's not dream-friendly. I don't want to get rich, just to have a good solid family and make a decent contribution to either humanity or my country (blame it on too much interspersing with the Vinzon's Hall people). But everyone around you just eggs you on to pursue more "practical" fields. And if it doesn't work, the money flow's gonna force you to anyway. Not like in Japan, Korea, or the States for example where you can do Math or Art or Physics without getting hungry.

Keep pushing towards your goals. Life is short and make the most of it.

anyway, just went out drinking tonight and i met a jerk. what an asshole. he was stupid to boot, so i couldn't care less. and he was trying to pick me up and i was like, what? the guy was married, admitted that he cheats, wanted to get laid but made the moves in front of my sister's boyfriend. my sister's boyfriend (who also acts like my big bro) was ready to cream the idiot.
    Heh, guys are jerks, that's a given. The good guys are taken. I spent the 2006 keeping up the spirits of three smart, beautiful, female barkada who all broke up with their boyfriends because of cheating.

What's funny is that I went to Baguio with two of those girl friends (just the three of us) just after their breakup. We didn't drink because the bars we knew of in Baguio were kinda retarded, but we talked all night. It wasn't easy having the both of them agree unanimously that "all guys are morons and jerks and <insert random insult>" while I was there talking right in front of them.

PS: I got kinda depressed today because this crazy bum i always saw in the streets near our place, i saw him all bruised and bleeding this morning. He was obviously beaten up. and i thought, shit, some group probably beat him up for fun or for kicks or something. On the other side, baka nambastos ng babae at kaya ginulpi. Pero man, the guy's homeless and shirtless and stuff. sigh. what a world.
    Yeah, it's an eye-opener sometimes. I know that our country is in the top 10 for both biodiversity and ethnic diversity, and I think we're probably also tops in economic diversity. So many poor people out there, contrasting with the posh of Ortigas and Ayala. And poverty can breed crime. I hope someday they'll realize that helping out these people is to their interests, as well.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

MH is back! waaaah.... 4chan and MH were down for a whole day I can't believe how empty the internet was...

@bb: what about guys who wait for girls to pick them up? hehehe oi it works ha. i think.

i don't think napagtripan yung mama. you know we may be like this but at last we still have our morals, i look everywhere and everyone's not as heartless as we think. at least i know here in bacolod. maybe the bum did something to deserve a beatdown
    `(•.°)~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I like Rorschach.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't watch the movie, but dude he was also funny in a scary, weird, and somehow perverted way in the GN . I love how his conspiracy theories sometimes end up with conjectures that seem straight from Entertainment Tonight.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah well, he sees the world in black and white (I do too, but I'm not violent) so I can relate to him.

Why can't you watch the movie? The ending's altered, some minor details are altered, heck some scenes were altered... It's got a completely different feel to it.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sick . Can't go out. I just have to wait for the DVD, I guess.

The movie's been getting mixed reviews, but I've heard James Earl Haley's (?) Rorschach was pretty good.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome, movie version sounds promising, going to watch that later
    `(•.°)~

Thread Closed
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast