Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Tokyo to Stream Naruto via Crunchyroll Worldwide *updated Dec 13, 2008*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AkatsukiNoTobi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

TV Tokyo to Stream Naruto via Crunchyroll Worldwide *updated Dec 13, 2008*

The Japanese broadcaster TV Tokyo has announced that it will begin streaming English-subtitled episodes of the Naruto anime series, about one hour after their Japanese broadcast, to paid monthly subscribers worldwide on the Crunchyroll video service on January 8, 2009.

Crunchyroll will then provide free Internet streaming of the episodes seven days after the paid subscribers see them. This coincides with when the online video services Joost and Hulu are providing their own free streaming of the same episodes via Viz Media. Viz Media announced earlier today that it will also begin hosting free streams of the new episodes on the official Naruto.com website on January 15.

On January 8, Crunchyroll will stop accepting user-submitted videos and other content from individuals, and only host videos approved by copyright holders. Gonzo and Toei Animation are two other major Japanese copyright holders of anime that decided to stream on Crunchyroll. ANN interviewed Crunchyroll founder Vu Nguyen in March.

Source: Anime News Network

*edit December 13, 2008*

Crunchyroll has updated their news about streaming anime with this HD teaser for Shippuuden. It's the latest intro ('CLOSER' by Joe Inoue) in both 480p and 720p. The streaming quality is really good, and the fact that there's no download option doesn't bother me that much.

An hour after it airs in Japan, eh? I guess we don't have to wait for the raws to even come out now! Of course, that's if you subscribe to crunchyroll. I'll still be doing it!

*hijacks post* ~eni
    Quote Quote:
    Warning

Crunchyroll now offers to collect a kind of bonus points 'by taking surveys or signing up for things' which can be exchanged into a free premium account. Sadly, they seem to not be aware that the majority of members in need for a free account are teenager and yet they put up with this very insecure solution, not giving any warnings.

Don't do that. Only a part of these are indeed free. Members reported hidden costs and spyware warnings. Aside from that, it asks for personal data such as name, address, email and partly even the social security number. They will spam you forever with snail mail, phone calls and email.

If you really need to try it out - use fake data, create an anonymous email account just for the spam and be sure to have a updated detection software installed. But also be aware that they can legally backtrack you through your IP when you sign a contract with fake data. This stuff isn't free for fun and your data is wanted for making lots of money. Once you gave them out, there's no turning back. Your personal information get sold to companies for high prices, so the people who collect them try any kind of tricks on you.
    Last edited by eni; December 17, 2008 at 08:33 AM. Reason: updated news

2. Thanks 12 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member matsemann08's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TV Tokyo to Stream Naruto via Crunchyroll Worldwide

To bad i'm not a subscriber to Crunchyroll

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It isn't that much to subscribe, to be honest. I just looked and it's $9 for 3 months, $18 for 6 months, and $36 for 12 months. Honestly, you don't save any money if you do the 12 months one, but at least you won't have to be charged every 3 months.

I think I may subscribe, unless DB keeps on subbing Shippuuden. But bring on the DVDs ala Gurren Lagann (aka 9 episodes per volume, with Japanese audio and English subs)!

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palestine
    Post Thanks / Like

ok this what i want to know:
    1- will there be raw
    2- can i watch the subs on othere media

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Well dattebayo is free, so I'll stick to that, unless the translations are better, and DB stop subbing.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member allendsup23's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It also depends if it is just streaming or available for download too. What abt quality?If they can provide better quality than DB, then I will go for crunchyroll. I still think Naruto should be subbed in high quality video (MKV file ..could be just 350 MB file) but looks way better than these AVI files.

Looks like Videos are available to download but only to NA currently. I hope after they start Naruto series, it is available to ROW too.
    Last edited by allendsup23; November 17, 2008 at 03:55 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bellcrossage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You should also state that Viz themselves will be streaming the episodes as well. Also, according to Maile Flanagan, she's begun to work on the dubbing of Naruto Shippuuden. Go here, if you want to know more: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=444489228

On the Crunchyroll thing, I am staying a free user, I don't mind waiting a week to get my Naruto fix.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Viz media will show the streaming one week later for free, I wouldn't mind waiting a week. It would be good to support legal anime subs. At least the anime industry is moving forward.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.A View Post
    Viz media will show the streaming one week later for free, I wouldn't mind waiting a week. It would be good to support legal anime subs. At least the anime industry is moving forward.
    Will you be able to see it, TDA? Knowing that you're in the UK, I just wonder if you'd be able to see it via Viz's website.

Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bellcrossage View Post
    Will you be able to see it, TDA? Knowing that you're in the UK, I just wonder if you'd be able to see it via Viz's website.
    LOL good point, but aren't the subs suppose to be worldwide?

If not, that sucks.

But I don't see why they would limit the audience to a specific country/continent when there are many fans worldwide.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.A View Post
    LOL good point, but aren't the subs suppose to be worldwide?

If not, that sucks.

But I don't see why they would limit the audience to a specific country/continent when there are many fans worldwide.
    Well, according to the press release by Crunchyroll, it is worldwide (I wonder if TV Tokyo meant that for only the English-speaking people of the world). I suppose only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by matsemann08 View Post
    To bad i'm not a subscriber to Crunchyroll
    You don't need to subscribe. You can join, which I think is still free. I am a free user of Crunchyroll, and I am not going to be bothered by the wait of a week for the Naruto episodes, since I may just use the official site, or Hulu for that.
    Last edited by bellcrossage; November 17, 2008 at 07:11 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HPTR Fangirl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm late, but still I want to say this (and post links to it as well)

Viz stated that they would release New Naruto Shippuuden animated episodes on http://naruto.com for free. It will begin on January 15, 2009, when "the latest episode for NARUTO SHIPPUUDEN will be available for free viewing on the ultimate destination for anything NARUTO – the official NARUTO website, www.Naruto.com, within days of its original airdate in Japan. A new English-subtitled episode will be added every Thursday thereafter.

On January 2nd, Viz Media will also debut, for free, 8 uncut, English-subtitled episodes from the beginning of the NARUTO SHIPPUDEN series on www.Naruto.com. Each Friday thereafter there will be an additional 8 uncut, English-subtitled episodes added on Naruto.com until the series eventually catches up to the current third season of the hit program. Also, coming this week, an exclusive sneak peek of NARUTO SHIPPUDEN (English-subtitled) debuting on Naruto.com."

Links / Source:
    Anime News Network

Updated version:
    Updated Version

Sonia

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, hell, looks like I've got a new dub to watch XD Looks like that sneak preview of Shippuden (their spelling) wasn't subbed, it was dubbed ^_^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Csdabest's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So the dubb is coming out. Thats cool.
    Please STFU talking to me about racism. www.myspace.com/csdabest
    Racism patrol needs to get off my....marbels???
    Seriously if you have a problem w/ one of my post on a personal level. PM me. Dont cloud the threads with your nonsense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a significant step forward for anime everywhere. Hopefully it will bring the community closer together. that said, i hope we're not taken advantage of.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast