Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: The DGM Hiatus Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ameya730's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The DGM Hiatus Thread: DGM Returns on Nov. 4th

correct me if i am wrong but the weekly magazine is targeted towards the teenage population while the monthly magazine is targeted towards a more mature magazine

if this is the case the making it monthly makes more sense cause D GrayMan as it is, is pretty dark and grim so moving it to monthly would enable the author to enhance this quality of D GrayMan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siberia's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ameya730 View Post
    correct me if i am wrong but the weekly magazine is targeted towards the teenage population while the monthly magazine is targeted towards a more mature magazine

if this is the case the making it monthly makes more sense cause D GrayMan as it is, is pretty dark and grim so moving it to monthly would enable the author to enhance this quality of D GrayMan
    Indeed, according to some recent poll, WSJ is the most popular among the group of 15yrs to 35yrs. So I doubt it would help attract some mature readers. (of course u could say its a sampling error or OP/Naruto effect)

u can look at the chart (ジャンプSQ is SQ)

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Siberia; August 17, 2009 at 09:12 AM.
    MyList of reading n watching

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well DGM always has been in the shadows of Naturo and Onepiece and some others, now it might be the nr 1 story in the monthly edition but i dont realy care that much for either WSJ or Square.
    It might enable hoshino to put even more quality and more storytelling into dgm then it could before. The speed wont change that much just a few pages less with 4x in a month compared to 1x a month a big chapter. And she can work at her own speed.
    I am concerned tho if this would mean she gets payed less or this is a budget descision from up high. Cause of the world resession.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner silke13's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Well DGM always has been in the shadows of Naturo and Onepiece and some others, now it might be the nr 1 story in the monthly edition but i dont realy care that much for either WSJ or Square.
    It might enable hoshino to put even more quality and more storytelling into dgm then it could before. The speed wont change that much just a few pages less with 4x in a month compared to 1x a month a big chapter. And she can work at her own speed.
    I am concerned tho if this would mean she gets payed less or this is a budget descision from up high. Cause of the world resession.
    i guess you´re right
    but i will miss d. gray-man every week ...but i guess i survive ...and who knows maybe one day she will release it WSJ again.....uuuh i hope it will be an anime again (im 100% sure it will be an anime xD)
    well i know the last didnt have anything to do with this but i just needed to say it :P
    SILKE13

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this answered the second question:

Source: ANN
    Quote Quote:
    The current Akamaru Jump issue does include the next installment of the manga, and Jump Square will pick up the story where Akamaru Jump left off.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member TitaniumChloride's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

This will be DGM's new profile page at the Jump SQ site. (Japanese only)

There's nothing there yet, but I believe that there will be a summary of the latest chapter, a list of characters and links to buying the manga/merchandise/anything else once the 4th of November comes around.

Edit: Fixed link

One more thing, Jump Square comes out on the 4th of every month.
    Last edited by TitaniumChloride; August 17, 2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Manga List (outdated)

Shows: Supernatural, Legend of Korra
    Webcomics: Homestuck, Paranatural, Gunnerkrigg Court
    Tumblr: onewayworld

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen a demographic breakdown for SQ but WSJ's looks like this:

Spoiler show

Basically the bulk of the audience is 9 - 17. SQ's audience is presumably older. DGM should benefit from an increased emphasis on plot without the eight chapter fighting arcs. The former is a strength of Hoshino, the latter often a weakness (always redeemed at the end of the arc IMO). The monthly deadline will allow even better art work and detail. That could already be seen in chapter 187, the panel work was out of this world, as good as anything I've seen lately. Don't worry to much about scanlation speed; the big monthlies still come out really fast. Full Metal Alchemist is translated, cleaned, edited, and released within 24 hours of raw release. Raws for chapter 187 were out the same day as Akamaru, impressive for that magazine.

9. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

so roughly 70% of the readers is 15 and younger acording to that graph. But another question? Is anything from SQ ever been animated?... im sorry that im not that much into all the series out there but i was just wondering.
    And the artwork yes its clearly seen on the pages with the noah that the artwork got more detail and more time spend on it. Basicaly WSJ is for feeding impatient hungry lill kids ^^. Be carefull not to have your hand chewed off. So everyone rushes to get everything done before the deadline while with monthly releases you can do the work at your own pace.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

so roughly 70% of the readers is 15 and younger acording to that graph. But another question? Is anything from SQ ever been animated?... im sorry that im not that much into all the series out there but i was just wondering.
    And the artwork yes its clearly seen on the pages with the noah that the artwork got more detail and more time spend on it. Basicaly WSJ is for feeding impatient hungry lill kids ^^. Be carefull not to have your hand chewed off. So everyone rushes to get everything done before the deadline while with monthly releases you can do the work at your own pace.
    yes, claymore has only 25 eps. Many manga from monthly magazines have quite a short anime life than weekly magazines. (except FMA)

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I know FMA is rather big with its anime, DGM could also get a anime then >3rd season ofc. So its not impossible to be done some day.
    I hope this new format doesnt kill the story thats all. Ofc Hoshino does her best but Jump expects results in sales figures not artistic values. My best guess is Jump simply doesnt know what to do with DGM, its always on the edge, volume sales are pretty good, merch is a bit behind on all the other series. Lets hope the introduction on Jum-bang together with this big 50p draggs in more readers!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From the Jump SQ thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heiji-sama View Post
    #12 (04/11) :
    D.Gray-man (Couv & Page Couleur)

Can't wait to see the cover and colored page when the chapter is out.

14. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks riki

I guess there will be Allen again on the cover page but I don't think it will be similar to Akamaru Jump's cover. So will Kanda still be on the cover as well?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they put 1 of the noah on the *dmn* cover! lol. Wisely vs Kanda or perhaps a Allen vs Tykki?

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they put 1 of the noah on the *dmn* cover! lol. Wisely vs Kanda or perhaps a Allen vs Tykki?
    huh, I think u have automatically ignored the existence of "Desires" and "Mercyma", though Im not very keen to see them .

btw. if heiji-hama has got that piece of info, I wonder there's a page in SQ saying DGM's serialization.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

why not put Allen, Kanda, Tyki and Wisely all together in the cover?! the current events are focusing on all of them!! ah can't wait!!

New Reply
Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast