Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The DGM Hiatus Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The DGM Hiatus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    The guys here in the forum usually use hiatus when it's officially announced that the series will take more than just a one chapter break.
    Absent is used for unexpected lack of a chapter or when it's a one chapter break.

But seriously, the notice in the last issue already showed signs of hiatus, no one knows when DGM will be back.
    I don't think that she's working in the mecha anime and the one shot now, i think they were done many months ago, but they are being revealed now.

Well, i will keep getting tortured with Lavi's seiyu in Kuroko no Basket while this hell doesn't end.
    What? The "oneshot for Miracle Jump" rumor is true?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    What? The "oneshot for Miracle Jump" rumor is true?
    Sorry, my mistake, forgot to add the (probably) there. It's not confirmed. Just a good chance, since so many well known mangakas will be releasing oneshots in the upcoming months in the 3 magazines.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Sorry, my mistake, forgot to add the (probably) there. It's not confirmed. Just a good chance, since so many well known mangakas will be releasing oneshots in the upcoming months in the 3 magazines.
    I'm not sure where the rumor started either, but it makes sense with Amano Akira (Reborn!) releasing one, that other former Jump authors might as well.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I'm not sure where the rumor started either, but it makes sense with Amano Akira (Reborn!) releasing one, that other former Jump authors might as well.
    I think the rumor starts from this post of 2ch
    Quote Quote:
    99 : マロン名無しさん[sage] : 投稿日:2013/03/02 14:35:58 ID:???
    >また星野先生が昨年中に温めてた企画が、4月下旬発売のミラクルジャンプで発表になります

文面見る限りでは去年の内に終わってた仕事だったみたいだな
    原作、原案だけ担当して作画は別の人が担当した読み切りが掲載とかそんなんかな?
    最近そういうの多いし
    I do remember there was some announcement about an unknown project last year (I can't find it at the moment).
    Are we getting off topic?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    I think the rumor starts from this post of 2ch

I do remember there was some announcement about an unknown project last year (I can't find it at the moment).
    Are we getting off topic?
    No, we're not.

And your English is fine...stop it with that signature

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I found this announcement on the "Tim's Tail" fanblog, and it's dated Monday March 4th. I'm not familiar with the blog yet so I can't say for sure if it's accurate but it looks legit so far. (I'll look further into it soon.)

Sorry I'm not feeling well so I might have small errors in my translation. With the exception of the bold portion, I think the gist is there though:
    Quote Quote:
    それと今回は、休載に関しての告知ページも設けてあります。(P678) 以下の通り。
    And this time, in relation to the series' absence, an announcement page was created. (P678). It reads as follows:
    Quote Quote:
    D.Gray-man一時休載のお知らせ

今月号に掲載を予定しておりました『D.Gray-man』は星野桂先生の病気療養のため、休載をさせていただくこととなりました。楽しみにしてくださっている読者の皆様にはご心配とご迷惑をおかけして申し訳ございません。

連載の再開については、今のところ未定です。再開の予定が立ちましたら、誌面にてお知らせしますので、しばらくお待ちください。

また、星野先生が昨年中に温めていた企画が、4月下旬発売の週刊ヤングジャンプ増刊ミラクルジャンプにて発表予定となっております。どうぞご期待ください。

今後とも『D.Gray-man』を応援いただきますよう、何卒お願い申し上げます。

ジャンプSQ編集部
    Source: http://kuriparu44.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-380.html

"DGM will be on hiatus for the time being during Hoshino-sensei's recuperation from illness. Please look forward to the continuation! We deeply apologize for the worry and inconvenience to our readers. The date of return from hiatus has not been decided. Please watch for an announcement regarding DGM's return in the pages of upcoming issues.

In addition, a work that Hoshino-sensei has been working on since last year will appear in a special edition of "Weekly Young Jump;" "Miracle Jump" at the end of April. We hope you'll look forward to it. From now on, we humbly request your continued support.**

Jump SQ Editorial Dep't."

**At first I thought this said that it would be "published with assistance." Now I'm not sure...
    Last edited by kannazuki; March 31, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm confused over the Young Jump thing again. Miracle Jump is the revamped version of Monthly Young Jump, which started as a special issue of Weekly Young Jump. So now I'm not sure if it's one or two oneshots that will be posted soon...wtf

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh. I'd heard of "Miracle Jump" but didn't hear of "Young Jump." I think I misread that then. Thanks, xi0! I'll edit above.

*edit*
    Oh yeah, I even missed part of what was there. Sorry I have a headache and I'm tired so not the best time for me to be translating stuff. ^_^;
    Last edited by kannazuki; March 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Ohhh. I'd heard of "Miracle Jump" but didn't hear of "Young Jump." I think I misread that then. Thanks, xi0! I'll edit above.
    Young Jump is a weekly Seinen magazine. Miracle Jump took the place of Monthly Young Jump, and is supposed to have fantasy series that blur the line between Shounen and Seinen.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh really? A while back I read about MJ on Wikipedia (yes, I know it's not the best source) and if they mentioned YJ I forgot it, but I do remember they said that MJ started out being aimed toward a specific demographic but is now meant to be non-specific to any demographic, containing manga for people of all ages and either sex. It said part of the reason is because so many smaller mangaka are missing out on serialization and they wanted to publish more of their work.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait... is this project appearing on Miracle Jump or Young Jump???? I'm confused O_O
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Oh really? A while back I read about MJ on Wikipedia (yes, I know it's not the best source) and if they mentioned YJ I forgot it, but I do remember they said that MJ started out being aimed toward a specific demographic but is now meant to be non-specific to any demographic, containing manga for people of all ages and either sex. It said part of the reason is because so many smaller mangaka are missing out on serialization and they wanted to publish more of their work.
    I'm not sure that's accurate. Monthly Young Jump was a Seinen magazine, aimed at older males. Miracle Jump is fantasy blurring the line between shounen and seinen. Or that's how it's intended. It doesn't always work out that way. Weekly Shounen Jump isn't as popular as it is with just young boys reading it

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    Wait... is this project appearing on Miracle Jump or Young Jump???? I'm confused O_O
    Miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I'm not sure that's accurate. Monthly Young Jump was a Seinen magazine, aimed at older males. Miracle Jump is fantasy blurring the line between shounen and seinen. Or that's how it's intended. It doesn't always work out that way. Weekly Shounen Jump isn't as popular as it is with just young boys reading it
    Wikipedia's removed that part, so I guess so. Maybe someone misunderstood that. Anyway yeah, they pretty much have accepted over at Shueisha that WSJ is read by a lot of girls (& men & women) as well.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TokoroTennosuke's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What? So in the end she was ill but still took time for the one-shot and the character design of that anime about mechas? Oh well, I'm starting to wonder if she's doing different things mostly because she has DGM plot-block, and not because she needs $. Sometimes working on different projects makes you to return to older ones with better ideas and fuel for scribbling something good for long time. Hope our patience gets rewarded with a chapter with plenty of information to fill those gaps that torment DGM "theorymakers" (I want my fill of information about akuma and innocence evolution soon and if there gonna be more Madoka winks from Jasdevi).

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

A month without anything important to read on Jump SQ.
    No DGM. No SPoT. And who knows when the one-shots will be scanlated.

At least, i founf and bought volumes up till #14. It will be nice to read it with good quality while i wait for a DGM chapter.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast