Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54

Thread: The DGM Hiatus Thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The DGM Hiatus Thread

Like I mentioned before, DGM won't lose its subforum status just because it's on hiatus. Other series (HxH and Berserk) still have their subforums during their hiatuses. The subforum is still active even if it is the same discussions over and over again.

Hope that answers your question.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tias View Post
    It's not that I believe some other forum should have it instead. It's just that so many other series have much more activity than DGM. I mean DGM has been on a hiatus for a year. No new material. People are only talking about the same thing over and over again. I'm aware how popular it is and I'm a fan myself. I just don't see why it should have it's own sub forums like this when it's almost a dead horse. Heck, we don't even have an estimated time on when the series begins again =o
    DGM having it's own subforum isn't preventing other series from having theirs, it's that simple

4. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Crown Clown's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, DGM's gonna come back after quite a wait (hopefully)
    Unfortunately we can't do much besides that

Btw, I've heard quite a mix of rumours regarding the author's hiatus. I was hoping to see if they was any validity to them :/ Initially what I basically heard was that Hoshino got a wrist injury if I'm not mistaken ? But now I'm unsure.

Some of the rumours seem to go like ..
    1. Hoshino wanted to change the publisher and that's one of the reasons why she has a hiatus right now?
    2. Hoshino is just really sick right now

Personally I just think she first got a wrist injury and is now working on continuing the series (just my opinion ). Hopefully it's just that :/

And yeah having a subforum about DGM doesn't appear to be harming anyone or any process so I don't see why not. I was actually pretty upset when I saw that there didn't seem to be any DGM-exclusive forums. The websites seem to have been taken down or something unfortunately :9

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crown Clown View Post
    And yeah having a subforum about DGM doesn't appear to be harming anyone or any process so I don't see why not. I was actually pretty upset when I saw that there didn't seem to be any DGM-exclusive forums. The websites seem to have been taken down or something unfortunately :9
    I'm still hurt from what happened to D.Gray-divinity.

7. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner HikariBR's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crown Clown View Post
    Some of the rumours seem to go like ..
    1. Hoshino wanted to change the publisher and that's one of the reasons why she has a hiatus right now?
    2. Hoshino is just really sick right now

Personally I just think she first got a wrist injury and is now working on continuing the series (just my opinion ). Hopefully it's just that :/
    Well, about these rumors, I think someone here on the forums already said that the first one (about Hoshino-sensei wanting to change the publisher) is just a rumor and it's false. The one about her being sick is pretty possible, but I don't know anything for sure, sorry. ):

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Crown Clown's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    Same man! There was also the d.gray-man.com website itself (not the Japanese one), where they still show manga, but I don't think the corresponding forum page is there anymore.

Honestly I think there really are no d.gray man dedicated forum sites left so it would be pretty disastrous to me personally if the subforum were closed down :/

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HikariBR View Post
    Well, about these rumors, I think someone here on the forums already said that the first one (about Hoshino-sensei wanting to change the publisher) is just a rumor and it's false. The one about her being sick is pretty possible, but I don't know anything for sure, sorry. ):
    Just to expand on this I think multiple people have responded to those rumours over time... because some new people see them every few months and believe them, then come here thinking they'll spread the "new" news you know?

Also, just to support what you said, all of us who were following the series up until the hiatus will remember the gaps between chapters before it started. To me that seems consistent with health problems interfering with her work.
    Last edited by kannazuki; July 07, 2014 at 12:55 PM.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses and clarifications about the hiatus status. I don't speak Japanese and don't know anything about the manga market beyond the fact that I love manga, so it has been hard for me to see the difference between a rumor and fact or good translation or bad translation. I have been searching the net like a crazy person trying to get confirmation either way, but I guess there is nothing I or anyone else can do. I do hope that if it is health reasons that she gets better soon-not just for D.gray-man of course, but for herself.

I really can't believe it would be over anyway unless her health has deteriorated to the point of not being able to continue it. It is an amazing long-running story with complex characters you can tell were crafted with love and care. I can't believe it would just end randomly on a semi-cliffhanger. It also seems to have a devoted fanbase that still cares and would be there for a comeback. Seems like the newest volume (well, from last year) sold pretty well for not having an anime or even recent chapters pushing it.

It is good to find other fans though. I may poke around and reply to some of the other topics. I know I wouldn't be saying anything new, but I am re-reading it right now and seeing so many things I missed on the first reading! Thanks for your patience too. I am sure it gets annoying having people ask if it is cancelled all the time

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sad the series isn't back yet and with n news either. Hopefully the hiatus will finish this year. I really want to know what happens next.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iownamovingcastle View Post
    It is good to find other fans though. I may poke around and reply to some of the other topics. I know I wouldn't be saying anything new, but I am re-reading it right now and seeing so many things I missed on the first reading! Thanks for your patience too. I am sure it gets annoying having people ask if it is cancelled all the time
    Welcome! Enjoy your stay. (And any possible irritation/frustration that came through in my last post above is not about well-intentioned people who bring the rumours up here, but the fact those rumours can't get taken down so people won't keep stumbling across them.)

Would love to see the series back this year. I am prepared for it to take longer though...

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    Me too. It's been a couple of years now but I still miss DGD just as much. Not just because of it being a great place for DGM, or because it had so many great DGM resources and post archives, but because of the community that was built up there over the years. Frustrating thing is that DGD's owner could easily have passed the forum on to somebody else - there were competent moderators who would have been willing to do it, and there were people who would have been willing to meet the forum's hosting costs too. I'm really glad that DGM fans have at least got the subforum here at Mangahelpers.
    Last edited by Aracely; July 09, 2014 at 07:30 AM.

20. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello folks!
    I'm new, here and I'm a big fan since the beginning.
    Does anyone know any new news about the manga continuation?
    I tried contact with the publisher without success.
    I didn't get answers. What happened to manga ?
    Other thing I believe the anime series was fantastic, and unfortunately there is no continuation...
    The whole story is brilliant, better than the others.
    I know the point is in this industry the popularity and the money/profit.
    But this is unfair thing.
    Interesting which is totally b*llshit like the Naruto anime/manga that is still alive and running.
    One Piece etc.
    No offense guys, but this is my personal opinion.
    I hope one day DGM will be back.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, GK.
    Volume 24 was the last official thing we had about DGM.
    We are all waiting like you.
    It didn't end nor was cancelled. It's just on hiatus.

I also loved the anime, the ost, the seiyuu chosen. I hope they do a remake or continuation and keep the same voice actors (except the one who voiced the Earl, he died).

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

I know about the hiatus. It's been almost two years. :|
    I hope something is going to happen in this year.
    But I stay patient.

New Reply
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54