Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: The DGM Hiatus Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The DGM Hiatus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    How about a submissions-based blog (like on tumblr even) where a collage/mosaic/grid of messages is created, with one post added at a time? Someone who is really good with graphics (and knows how well they'd print out and who can pick some nice textured paper maybe if that's not too costly...) would specify *set* minimum and maximum widths and heights for *images* submitted by each fan. Those image files would contain personalized, handwritten/drawn/both messages from each sender that would be tiled/layered together, one by one. Each "slot" would have to be really tiny, so aside from whatever "doodles" people might want to contribute, nothing longer than either a signature or a couple of words and some initials. (That way sensei isn't getting overwhelmed with too much English either.) And since it would be a blog, everyone can keep track of how it looks as it's coming along, because the person running it would be posting each submission as it comes along, and periodically updating the blog with what the grid looks like. People can also focus on each individual "square" or "piece" of the collage (or whatever it ends up becoming) that way. The final message would link back to the blog of course. Then people who missed the deadline for a physical mailing can at least still have their work posted online.

Just a thought that's been in the back of my mind. I hope that makes sense...
    That sounds very interesting, although I've never been a tumblr user, so I can't fully imagine how it would look like.
    It's worth a shot I think, probably wouldnt take too much time to set up a tumblr account

Can't really say I'm that good with graphics though, I've also only learned basic html, css, javascript, however I'd like to help if needed.

Think it would be good if we have someone we can trust with the blog, so no harm comes to it or left alone if suddenly going hiatus.
    It would be good if it was possible to share the account between 5-10 people, which also would reduce the workload for the one making the account.

If we do this, then we need to plan how we organize this, who will be responsible for the project and so on.
    Well just some thoughts

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's easy to make a group-run blog on tumblr. (I'm sure other services offer features like this too however. Feel free to enlighten me if so.) Each person will need his or her own account to start with though. I think the important thing is to figure out who can compile each smaller individual image submission into a single larger image (graphics person) and who can physically print the collage/mosaic (or whatever) out and physically mail it (mailing handler). On top of that, others can join in to help with running the blog but the first two jobs would be crucial. (People who can back-up or add to the graphics or support/donate to the mailer are also good to have though of course!)

While Javascript/CSS knowledge isn't necessary for the blog itself, it could come in handy if you want to go into the advanced side of tweaking a blog's theme.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like D.Gray-man is NOT going to resume on December Issue.
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; September 30, 2013 at 06:09 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    It looks like D.Gray-man is NOT going to resume on December Issue.
    any proof to this?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fuff View Post
    any proof to this?
    I think its because there wasn't a big announcement about its return on november issue and for a big series like dgm it's pretty decent that shueisha would give it a cover like "ITS BACK" or "next issue: dgm cover, color page whatever, So everybody is supposing that the series is not coming back on december issue.
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Something has been up with the December issue for a while now actually. One of the Japanese DGM blogs I check from time to time pointed out that Jump SQ's website only had a handful of series listed under "next issue" (次号予告). I check that page more often than I check any blogs, so I already knew that usually there's either nothing but a cover image, or ALL series are listed (or so it seems). The last time I checked, only about 5 series were listed, just like the blog said; right now, there are 7. Now compare (next month's) December with (this month's) November edition (今月の内容). I don't know what it means or if it has anything to do with DGM at all (probably not, lol), but they've been delaying next month's contents for some reason...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Something has been up with the December issue for a while now actually. One of the Japanese DGM blogs I check from time to time pointed out that Jump SQ's website only had a handful of series listed under "next issue" (次号予告). I check that page more often than I check any blogs, so I already knew that usually there's either nothing but a cover image, or ALL series are listed (or so it seems). The last time I checked, only about 5 series were listed, just like the blog said; right now, there are 7. Now compare (next month's) December with (this month's) November edition (今月の内容). I don't know what it means or if it has anything to do with DGM at all (probably not, lol), but they've been delaying next month's contents for some reason...
    I think they just go with series that will get either cover or color page at first. They will update the rest of ToC when the magazine came out.
    But the delay sure is strange.
    Last edited by non-chan; October 19, 2013 at 07:08 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ both of you:

From what I've seen, whenever I check the "next issue" section, they've been constantly holding off the rest of the list until almost the very last minute. Like, 1-3 days before SQ gets released, the full list appears. However, we tend to get the ToC a little before SQ posts their list. I'm not sure if this is normal or not for SQ, since I use to not check SQ's site that often. I just noticed, much like you, that SQ is updating abnormally to me compared to other manga magazines.

I tend to speculate that it could be for any last minute add-ins from the mangakas, since they all have a deadline to make. Probably, much like you, I'll be constantly crossing my fingers every time the ToC or SQ list is revealed just to see DGM popping up like magic. ^____^ Even without any announcement. I mean, a new cover for the next DGM is great (Nea + Tim <3 if true), but, to also read that SQ is getting something DGM related is quite exciting after not seeing it in SQ for a long time.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    Halloween would actually be a nice theme for D.Gray-Man to return in =o
    I guess by now that we know it won't be in the next issue though? or could it appear in a surprise maybe?

I'm getting a little excited now, but I may just end up getting disapointed in the end, gotta loose this excitement until it's confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by mahsanaru View Post
    The covers are so beautiful specialy the nea and tim one.
    Can i ask something.Is it confirmed that there is no dgm in this issue?
    We're still waiting on official notice of when serialization will continue. I'm eagerly on watch for Jump SQ's upcoming ToC...

If they are starting the series up again, I can't help thinking they were actually pretty smart to avoid all the hype over SnK at the same time they gave Hoshino-sensei time to rest. Imagine if the series returned during the height of the SnK anime's popularity? Hopefully it'll make more of an impact if it comes back now. ^_^;

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We're still waiting on official notice of when serialization will continue. I'm eagerly on watch for Jump SQ's upcoming ToC..
    It is confirmed that D.Gray-man hasn't resumed on December Issue and most likely not going to be on January Issue as well.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    It is confirmed that D.Gray-man hasn't resumed on December Issue and most likely not going to be on January Issue as well.
    Yes, I see that now. At the time I last posted, the Jump SQ mag thread wasn't updated yet. Just now, I checked that update before even coming to this thread. Of course, unfortunately there's nothing in the ToC for DGM (unless you count the notice about volume 24 being on sale on the left side, heh). Since I'm guessing the scanner would have included it (?) if there was a notice page in the mag about return of the series, I'll just keep watching for each month's table of contents, as always.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I'm guessing the scanner would have included it (?) if there was a notice page in the mag about return of the series, I'll just keep watching for each month's table of contents, as always.
    If it would returned, then it should be included on the preview page, plus I think Kaze1028 would upload the picture for resume of D.Gray-man as well since this is pretty big news.

So, I don't think DGM going to resume on this year.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

So... i've been diggin lately, and i've uncovered some rumors, but i don't have any proof. ppl say these days Katsura returned back to work and it appears D gray man vol 24 has already been released in this november, being the third in manga selling ranks, jsut below One piece and Kimi ni todoke. I'm really hopeful on this... so i released a few images on the DMG volume covers forum

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member verduister's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbr2 View Post
    So... i've been diggin lately, and i've uncovered some rumors, but i don't have any proof. ppl say these days Katsura returned back to work and it appears D gray man vol 24 has already been released in this november, being the third in manga selling ranks, jsut below One piece and Kimi ni todoke. I'm really hopeful on this... so i released a few images on the DMG volume covers forum
    Those pictures have been out and translated for days. Check previous pages of a thread before you post pointless rumors.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my, I totally misread that message. Yes, let's please not spread rumours.

That said, at least the sales statistic is true. And if you look back, DGM does tend to debut in the top three whenever new volumes come out. You can confirm that at ANN here. You can also find more if you search for "d.gray-man" and "top selling" there. If it wasn't for her illness, she'd probably have multiple volumes up there at a time like the big shots.

New Reply
Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast