Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Skull Knight - Facts, Speculation and Theories

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Skull Knight - Facts, Speculation and Theories

Does anyone else feel that the tower's names have significance? The "Tower of Rebirth" could have been the location of a rebirth ceremony similar to what had happened with Griffith at the Tower of Conviction. This would explain the sacrifices in the bottom of the tower. Everyone fled into the castle to escape the surrounding evil, and the tower was further aboveground. When the sacrifice happened, the castle was swallowed up by the earth, and all that remained was the top half of the Tower of Rebirth. Gaiseric, similar to what happened with Guts, could have fought his way to surviving the Eclipse. IMO, Void and SK were the wizard and Gaiseric respectively. Void was in Guts' role however and wanted power, whereas Gaiseric was closer to Griffith and satisfied once he had conquered everything. Also, it could be that once the God Hand is filled and has a member reborn, then the next time a God Hand comes to be the old group passes on and everything starts again.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mcd693's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that the anime is never considered cannon but I'm re-watching the anime, then re-reading the manga and while doing so noticed a line said by zod. When zod confronts guts and griffith, just when he's about to kill griffith, he notices the behelit. Everyone already knows this, but something that i thought to be especially interesting is that he says, "I see. I've seen this double edged ploy before". My opinion is that he's referring to the skull knight's situation in that the exact same sacrifice occurred.

What I don't understand is why SK is always fighting zod? Griffith managed to cut zod's arm off during this fight. If Griffith and Guts went toe to toe with Zod at that point when guts was at 100% then zod could have been killed. How come sk sucks in comparison to zod? Would sk kick ass? At the point of the fight that i am referring to zod says he's been fighting for 300 years. Meaning he's been an apostle or whatever for 300 years. SO, how come sk can't kill him?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think SK and Zodd are evenly matched in terms of fighting skill. I believe that is why SK hasn't managed to kill him. Which is really sad, since SK has had over a 700 year head start.

Hey, you ever notice that in comparison, when Guts fights an opponent, the battle is extremely detailed. But when SK fights Zodd, we only see a few panels?
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody think skull knight could in fact be rakshas..i mean the mask seem's to have the same protrusions as to imply an upside down crown, he also is seen riding under zodds wing to later be seen fleeing as in par with skull knight...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingimpressive View Post
    Anybody think skull knight could in fact be rakshas..i mean the mask seem's to have the same protrusions as to imply an upside down crown, he also is seen riding under zodds wing to later be seen fleeing as in par with skull knight...
    Nah, if SK was already there, why would he need to use the Behelit Sword to get there?

For a while, I thought Rakshas was Jarif?( Jarick?) the Kushan that helped Raban escape from Windam. He was very persuasive during his talk to Shilat. From whatever angle, his helmet dispayed three ovals arranged in the pattern of Rakshas eyes. But we see him looking surpised with the rest of the on-lookers at Ganishka's aftermath. So I guess I was wrong, unless he has the ability to teleport back to the ground or something.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

good point!

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone else ever thought that the female figure on skully's horse looks awfully similar to slan?
    notice the medusa-like hair and the demon wings.

Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he was branded, he doesn't seem to attract any creatures in the way Guts does. I think he may be "former" apostle, maybe even God's hand if such thing is possible.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chaki View Post
    I don't think he was branded, he doesn't seem to attract any creatures in the way Guts does. I think he may be "former" apostle, maybe even God's hand if such thing is possible.
    I don't think he's an apostle either, otherwise he would cause Guts brand to bleed.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a crazy ass theory:
    Skull Knight was the first ever God Hand. He was called upon God himself,
    and sacrificed his loved one(now the woman in the horse crest thingy, il explain later).
    Later on, 4 more God Hands are made. Skull Knight, since his the first God Hand, has power
    over the other 4 God Hands and can control them and reigns over the God Hands and the World
    as the mother fu*king KING. So one day, the 4 God Hands decide they had enough of SK's crap.
    So they decide to over throw him and split the power equally. So now there are 4 Main God Hands and
    SK has been banished to the human world. (Later on Griffith takes SK's place as a God Hand)
    So, there SK meets Flora and what not and train together and SK tries to get stronger to
    get his revenge on the 4 God Hands and maybe even get revenge on Griffith who took his place.
    And while his getting stronger and fighting apostles, he also tries to repay his sin that he commited
    from sacrificing his loved one to become a God Hand and that's the symbol crest thingy in the Horse.
    And so he meets Guts and feels like he has a lot in common with him and helps him in his journey
    to kill Griffith and get his own revenge on the other God Hands.
    What a Fu*king Theory, eh?
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you guys please keep in mind, Guts brand never reacted to Skull Knight the same way it did to Griffith or any Apostle.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

agree....
    i believe he became friends/allies with the witch...not to fight god's hand but to be saved from the armor(which had took him over)
    i think this is why she had the armor in her possession.....
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2