Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 440 of 491 FirstFirst ... 340 390 430 438 439 440 441 442 450 490 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 7356

Thread: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Negative Syndicate

Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

It was not very surprise that Metallica won the Golden Future Cup because Metalica is very Jump-like series. This means Metallica will be likely to be serialize on spring of 2010.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; October 23, 2009 at 10:38 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Metallica guaranteed serialization now?

Negative Syndicate

Well, past winners serialized their work around spring/summer of next year.

1st Winner: Sakamoto Yuujirou
    One Shot=2004 Issue 35, Serialized=2005 Issue 25

2nd Winner: Amano Youichi
    One Shot=2005 Issue 36・37, Serialized=2006 Issue 33

3rd Winner: Shiibashi Hiroshi
    One Shot=2007 Issue 35, Serialized=2008 Issue 15

4th Winner: Tamura Ryuuhei
    One Shot=2008 Issue 37・38, Serialized=2009 Issue 13

And winner of Golden Future Cup has positive response from readers, so there is high possibility that the editors will consider to serialize on next year.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, this Metallica Metalca, anyone has an idea what it's about? All we have to go on is the cover art.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    So, this Metallica Metalca, anyone has an idea what it's about? All we have to go on is the cover art.
    I already uploaded the summary about this year's Golden Future Cup runner-ups on last week. But, I'll upload again for people who want to know or didn't saw the summary.

Entry No.1: 明治百機八匣譚DENGI (Meiji Hyakkiyakoutan Dengi)
    Quote Quote:
    明治15年。獄死した平賀源内の養子にして助手でもあった平賀電次は、1匹の子犬とともに怪人の話題で持ち切りの東京へ「ある物」を探しにやってきた。とある発明家の家へと向かう途中に出会った少女・雛子がたまたまその家の娘であったっため、そのまま案内されることに。屋敷の主に不穏なものを感じ取った電次たちは屋内で偶然隠し部屋を見つけ、意外な真実に辿りつく。なんとその屋敷の主こそ、いま東京で話題の怪人「八ツ足神斬り」だったのだ……。平賀源内が作りだした「百機八匣」を持つ者同士が戦うからくりバトル漫画。
    Entry No.2: CROWN!
    Quote Quote:
    ヨーロッパにある世界最古の王家「サンクトリウス家」。その一族の王子・ジーナスが突如来日し、マスコミから注目を浴びていた。来日の目的は、母親の故郷である日本の高校への留学。ところが、ジーナスの受け入れ先である州王高校サッカー部では、ジーナスの扱いをめぐって校長とに部長が激しく衝突していた。王子をケガさせたら責任問題に発展しかねないことを恐れた校長は、サッカー部に条件付きで廃部を突き付ける。その条件とは、昨年全国4位だった神九高校に負けたら廃部にするというもの。廃部の危機に追い込まれたため当初はジーナスに不快感を抱いていた部員たちであったが、留学の事情を知って次第に仲間として認めていく。そしてついに強豪・神九高校との試合が始まるのであった……。涼やかな王子様がアクロバティックなプレーで魅せる青春サッカー漫画。
    Entry No.3: north island
    Quote Quote:
    ついカッとなってしまった勢いで組長を半殺しにしてしまった宇宙ヤクザのエイシンは、信頼する2人の部下を引き連れ宇宙の果てへと逃避行の旅を続けていた。そして辿りついたのは地球、日本。地球でのエイシン組旗揚げを決意し盛り上がるエイシン一行は、地球のヤクザに女子高生・新海月帆が因縁をつけられている様子を偶然目にする。恫喝され恐怖におびえる女の子に、仁義や任侠を少しも感じさせないヤクザたち。これは見過ごせないと憤るエイシンだったが、興奮した部下の操作ミスで彼らの乗った宇宙船は事務所のあるビルへと猛スピードで突っ込み衝突してしまう。その瞬間、激しい閃光があたり一面に広がり、その中心地で奇妙な現象が起こった。驚くことにエイシンと新海月帆の身体が入れ替わっていたのだった……。宇宙ヤクザと女子高生の入れ替わりと交流を通して心の成長を描く任侠活劇。
    Entry No.4: 世直し伝説!!世奈押郎 (Yonaoshi Densetsu!! Yona Oshirou)
    Quote Quote:
    20XX年。世界規模の大不況のあおりを受け、大人たちはみなヤケクソになっていた。そしてやってきたのは、外道が教育を語り、夫が妻を煮込んでラーメンのスープを作ろうとする理不尽な時代。すっかり荒廃してしまった世界からは文明と人々の秩序が失われ、まさに暴力が支配する弱肉強食の世界と化していた。だが、そんな絶望に満ちた時代を鍛え上げた拳ひとつで世直ししようと燃える屈強な男がいた。抵抗する術もなく大人たちの暴力におびえる子供たちの前に現れた謎の転校生・世奈押郎。転校直後早々、生徒を暴力で管理する外道教師をその必殺の世直し技で倒し、改心させることに成功する。はたして彼はこの荒んだ世界を世直しする救世主となれるのだろうか? こうして世奈押郎の激闘の日々が始まった……。謎の転校生・世奈押郎の漢(おとこ)な生き様を描くハードボイルドアクションギャグ漫画。
    Entry No.5: メタリカメタルカ (Metalica Metaluca)
    Quote Quote:
    中央金工都市メタルシティ。3年前に生き別れになった父との約束を果たすため、この街にやってきた元気な少年・ルカ。彼の目的は、金属管理(メタリスト)協会の本部があるこの街で級付きの鋼探索士(ミネア)になり、消息不明の父とメタリカ一族のみに伝わる金属種「超金属」の探索範囲を広げることだった。会長は鋼探索士認定のテストとして、監視役である金属管理協会員のシノとともに、ルカにC級危険区ヴォルカノ山地にレアメタル「ジュエライト鋼」を採りに行くよう命じる。異臭漂う洞窟の中を進み、ついに目的の金属を発見した2人だったが、その隣りには巨大なドラゴンが鎮座していた……。金属を自由自在に変形させることができる能力を持った少年が、幻のレアメタル「超金属」と父親を探し求める冒険ファンタジー漫画。

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think a Japanese summary will help a lot of users.......
    So I'll just glimpse over the Metallica summary and do a very quick and sketchy TL. I definitely won't do one for the other stories since those summaries may not look like much but that's elusory! (In fact, they are quite long xD)
    Quote Quote:
    It's the central city of metalwork/metalsmith, Metal City. 3 years ago the bright young boy Luca came to this city in order to fulfill a promise he made with his father whom he got seperated from years ago. [TN: Kanji actually say "his whole life" but I don't get how he could make a promise then *lol*] His goal is to become a steal searching scholar [read: Minea] for the metal management [read: Metallist] association's headquarters assigned to this very city. And also to broaden the searching sphere of the special metal called "Ultra Metal" that's only been handed to his untraceable father and the Metallica family. Test, Metallist's chief and a Minea himself, orders Luca (accompanied by Shino, a member of the Metallists who shall act as supervisor) to go to Volcano mountain district, a Rank-C danger district, to retrieve the rare metal "Jewelight Metal". They pursue a stinky grotto until they finally discover the metal they were looking for but just next to it lies a shrine of gigantic dragons......
    An adventure fantasy manga about a boy who possesses the ability to make metal change its form by his will, searching for the legendary "Ultra Metal" and his feather.
    Like I said, it's a speed TL and sketchy...but better than nothing, eh? : )

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

So Metallica got 1st...looks interesting enough. And Crown! will probably get serialized too since it got 2nd unless there was a huge gap between the votes for 1 and 2...hopefully this will be a decent sports since, imo, there hasn't been a good one debut in quite a while.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

any1 can post the numbers of votes of the series?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'd like information on voting in the polls for any manga magazine. wish there was manga company here in the states, would be awesome.

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Will there be a really good new action manga that can be in the top 5 at least, the new ones haven't been that good.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The new ones have been great! The Kyoto arc of Mago is the best in thing in the magazine at the moment. Psyren and Toriko are consistantly entertaining, often great, series. Just my opinion, all are welcome to their own, but all three are at least worth trying. Toriko and Psyren took a little while to get going. Mago was a lot of fun from the start and keeps getting better.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not for nothing, but Metalica Metaluca sounds rather...boring. Then again, if it has references to the band Metallica for the pure irony, then it would be epic.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on art alone this years Golden Cup was a bit boring. The plot of metallica doesn't do much for me, but I guess a synopsis of pretty much any Jump series would look lame, generic, cheesy, or childish. In reality I wouldn't put that many in those categories.

Negative Syndicate

Well, this Golden Future Cup might be boring, but I think Metalica (or other series) can become better when it serialized. I, pesonally, think one shot of Mago was not very good, but it turned into one of best series in Jump when it serialized.

Also, I didn't read Metalica, but based on cover art and summary, it kinds of reminds me Fairy Tail.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; October 23, 2009 at 11:12 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's very true. Countless crap one shots went on to be good or at least serviceable series. Naruto comes to mind, Bleach and Death Note too. ITA about Mago. The one shot wasn't bad but I didn't think it had much potential as a series. So I made the mistake of not reading from chapter 1 but waiting a few months.

Thread Closed
Page 440 of 491 FirstFirst ... 340 390 430 438 439 440 441 442 450 490 ... LastLast