Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2) , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 61 of 491 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Braiking Boss View Post
    Wait, when was it announced that HunterXHunter was coming back? Last I checked there wasn't any set time frame. I thought it was whether Togashi felt like being lazy or not.

Also I don't mind Meister getting the boot. Now that Asklepios is gone as well that would leave 2 spots for new series to come in.
    it hasn't been announced. it's a pattern that's formed in his return from wanting to have a life, he returns in march for 10 chapters, and october for 10 chapters, releasing the previous ten as a much improved volume at the same time... the march isn't confirmed but we got october two years in a row, so it's safe to assume for now

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki
    Y to M contractor and jumbor (or whatever takei's manga name was) were cancelled after 10 chapters iirc. Fast if you have asked me with the knowledge something like asklepios could have ended back then. We'll see if meister will get a boost (like P2) if not then do they want space/ a free spot?
    i look at Contractor M&Y and Jyuki Ningen Jumbor as rare examples, like chagecha, where a series was so unpopular that the authors just went "ya know what... screw it, not worth the struggle for failure" or "huh this isn't gonna work out is it"

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Another question: Is there any source for the rumor about DGM getting back in April? >.>

You really see that date now everywhere, so I wonder if I may have missed an announcement.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eni View Post
    Another question: Is there any source for the rumor about DGM getting back in April? >.>

You really see that date now everywhere, so I wonder if I may have missed an announcement.
    Not a reliable one ^^

Glenat, it's Spanish publisher posted something on their website. Until Shueisha says something I won't completely believe it.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 06, 2009 at 07:57 AM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

especially considering the conflict of information on what's actually wrong with her (and it is her, we have confirmation now, viz can stop getting it wrong... wait or is it? WHAT'S GOING ON?!)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sexy Randal 105's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's kind of sad that Meister didn't catch on rather than Kuroko. Meister has several games and teams planned. Kuroko doesn't have anything. I find it funny a series is getting support when the main character's special power is being uninteresting (Literally).
    Click here to read my story, "Shadow Hawk."

Currently reading: Claymore, Psyren, Nurarihyon no Mago, Toriko, Bakuman, Beezlebub, Akaboshi.

Listen to my podcast here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DeidaraGrimmjow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just a preference of basketball over soccer in Japan right now... I'm sure alot of series just come in the wrong place at the wrong time. Meister's timing could have been just be ill-placed. Besides, there is no guarentee that Kuroko won't fail. It will probably just last longer than Meister. Or something like that...

Proofreaders 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles Loves You View Post
    especially considering the conflict of information on what's actually wrong with her (and it is her, we have confirmation now, viz can stop getting it wrong... wait or is it? WHAT'S GOING ON?!)
    Lots of it seems to be due to mistranslations. I'm also with the others waiting for Shueisha's official confirmation... and seeing how WSJ does things, we probably won't know until the week before or so.

(I guess Viz just didn't want to reveal it before she was ready to?)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Randal 105 View Post
    It's kind of sad that Meister didn't catch on rather than Kuroko. Meister has several games and teams planned. Kuroko doesn't have anything. I find it funny a series is getting support when the main character's special power is being uninteresting (Literally).
    how is his special ability being uninteresting? It's his lack of presence on the court that makes him an exceptional passer.

And it's because Meister has itself so set up that it's going to fail. I've expressed my feelings on Meister various times, but it's just trying to develop itself too fast. That one chapter introduced about 20 characters at once. Where is the mystery, wheres the intrigue?

Kuroko set itself up with a reasonable story, meanwhile Meister is all about "PLAY AND HAVE FUN", I tried reading chapter 8 and it was just, ugh. Though KnB could fall next issue and I could totally be eating my words.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sexy Randal 105's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuroko's power is being mediocre in every possible aspect so people underestimate him. I personally think that it incredibly lame..
    Click here to read my story, "Shadow Hawk."

Currently reading: Claymore, Psyren, Nurarihyon no Mago, Toriko, Bakuman, Beezlebub, Akaboshi.

Listen to my podcast here.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i have to disagree with ya now randal. kuroko's power is the one element of kuroko i've always found interesting. but then my turn off are those damn crossed eyes

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kim09's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GARusashi View Post
    how is his special ability being uninteresting? It's his lack of presence on the court that makes him an exceptional passer.

And it's because Meister has itself so set up that it's going to fail. I've expressed my feelings on Meister various times, but it's just trying to develop itself too fast. That one chapter introduced about 20 characters at once. Where is the mystery, wheres the intrigue?

Kuroko set itself up with a reasonable story, meanwhile Meister is all about "PLAY AND HAVE FUN", I tried reading chapter 8 and it was just, ugh. Though KnB could fall next issue and I could totally be eating my words.

In Meister it's not just "PLAY AND HAVE FUN". In chapter 9 for example, when Satomi High concede, they try to maintain the scoreline by just 0-1 with offside trap strategy. It works and they start the attacking not through the middle but down the flank.They still use strategy to attack and defend.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 9 has made up for some pacing issues with the character introductions that's for sure. fixed it up a helluva lot. but then the whole match has helped with that one niggling flaw. so once again meister jumps above... well nothing, its still in my top 5, just not above sket or jaguar...

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fxu's Avatar
    Country
    Uruguay
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that basketball is more popular than soccer right now in Japan... if Meister would've debuted when Japan (& South Korea) held the FIFA World Cup in 2002, I think it could've been big.

Or if the world cup was set to be played in Japan in 06 instead of Germany.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kim09's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL what Fukuda said in Bakuman chapter 24 is true

http://www.onemanga.com/Bakuman/24/03/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kim09 View Post
    LOL what Fukuda said in Bakuman chapter 24 is true

http://www.onemanga.com/Bakuman/24/03/
    Definitely agree with him there. Plus the nod for To Love Ru made me jump for joy. :P

Thread Closed
Page 61 of 491 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast