Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 490 of 491 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 488 489 490 491 LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 7356

Thread: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Negative Syndicate

Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I have a question. When Jump website presents upcoming volumes' covers, they happen to also present series like Steel Ball Run, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Bastard, etc. Also, they happen to have Shonen Jump logo on it, rather their magazine's logo. Is it because some series are formerly serialized on Shonen Jump and some others are sequel to series that serialized on Shonen Jump, or is there another reason?

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muwlove View Post
    I have a question. When Jump website presents upcoming volumes' covers, they happen to also present series like Steel Ball Run, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Bastard, etc. Also, they happen to have Shonen Jump logo on it, rather their magazine's logo. Is it because some series are formerly serialized on Shonen Jump and some others are sequel to series that serialized on Shonen Jump, or is there another reason?
    My guess is it has to do with them being tied with Jump in some forms or another. Though both are essentially seinen now, both Steel Ball Run and Bastard (and even Ninku Second Stage and Beshari Gurashi) all sort of started as Jump series that moved over to another magazine. Yet even so, since they started as Jump, Shueisha probably keeps people abreast of all of them so fans from Jump can follow them through to the end. But it's not like all spin-offs and sequels get the same treatment if they didn't start here. (thus why we never hear about stuff like Kinnikuman Nisei, the Izuna spin-off of Nube or the two Otokojuku series: though they were Jump, they started those in other magazines...therefore no need to connect with those reading Jump)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Magicoreo's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

As I got my copy and looked through Jump today, there was an announcement that Bleach will be taking over the spine in 2010 (this year, however you want to take it) and the Naruto 10th anniversary book was somewhat announced but meh, I'll say it again. It looks like it will be in volume form- WITH the mangaka's drawings of the blond hero. Out 12/4. Which is... this following week. *Goes off to place an order*

And uh, that's it, besides all the OP movie merchandise ads.

Hey, Jaguar couldn't get the spine during it's tenth. :/ I like Bleach's art cause I don't know, looks cool but oh well, it's all about what the customers wants. And Bleach is one of the big 3- big 4, w.e. And I'm looking forward to Bleach's 10th anniversary book next year as well.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muwlove View Post
    Shueisha has these lines (I'm excluding shojo/josei):

Jump Comics: including V - Jump, Weekly Jump, Jump SQ, Super Jump (as Jump Comics Deluxe). As a V - Jump serial Yu - Gi - Oh is a part of Jump Comics. For whatever reason when Steel ball Run left Weekly Jump it remained under the Jump Comics line. It also retained furigana, the only series in Ultra Jump that has them.

Young Jump Comics: Young Jump, Ultra Jump, Business Jump. Unlike Steel Ball Run when Beshari Gurashi switched to Young Jump it also switched lines while volume 4 and on have been written in kanji only, as is typical of seinen.

Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk is now closed. Discussion continues here:Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk. 2009 covers, along with past covers, can be viewed here: Weekly Shonen Jump Cover and Color Page Archive Thanks!
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 28, 2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Closed
Page 490 of 491 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 488 489 490 491 LastLast