Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Neo's One piece 524 Review

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member neomaster121's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Neo's One piece 524 Review

Well it’s midday on this chilly Saturday (mid afternoon when i finished the review lol) and another chapter of one piece is released. Last week was a great chapter which I had little to complain about, it was very, very amusing. Well with that said it’s time for me to get on with my One piece Chapter 524 review. Hope you enjoy it.

So that’s who the caller is

Beads of sweat are dripping down spandam’s, bandaged, battered face as he hears the voice of rob lucci. Haha you can see wolf man owning a marine in the background. I guess Lucci has got a few demands he wants to make otherwise, if I was spandam I’d be worried the former great assassins would come after me.

Location revealed

Last chapter the location of 3 characters revealed, nami on a sky island, franky on a futuristic island, sanji well... no need for me to say anything more lol. Well this week the chapter opens straight up with Usopp, who hasn’t really landed on an island, but like a living mesh of plants. As trade mark he arrives screaming chased by man eating bugs. Luckily for Usopp, Heracle (Heracles in Roman otherwise known as Hercules) was there to save the day.

Well just as luffy arrived chased by a wild boar Usopp was chased by a bug then we all know what luffy did after that, finding random mushrooms and started eating them. Seems like Usopp is a bit cleverer, actually finding out if the food is edible. I couldn’t help but get the feeling that Usopp was about to eat a devil fruit (but these fruit don’t have patterns), when he is attacked again by a man eating plantun (man eating plant). Greenstone the name of the island Usopp is on, and without Zoro, sanji, or luffy to protect him, hopefully he learns how to stand up for himself against monsters hopefully getting a little braver.

Another person for sanji to envy

Well the second of Zoro’s team of 3 is revealed, Brookes sent to the island named Namakura (island of the poor). Brookes was one guy that I thought would be in a bit of trouble if he was placed on an island of people, all thinking he was a ghost or something supernatural. How convenient that he lands before a group of people trying to summon a demon. Nicely done oda, takes out any problems of finding someone who decides to help a talking skeleton with and afro lol. But I wonder... would Brookes help this tenaga tribe in carrying out their revenge.

Well Brookes answer to the question what he wants just had me laughing, reminds me of when he first was shown, and his request was turned down with a nice smack too, but I guess Brookes can’t believe his eyes (though he has none skull joke lol) when they tell him that they will show him their panties lol. Looking at a skull I can’t tell how he’s feeling from his facial expressions but haha I can guess what he’s going to say next, yohohohohohohohohoho.

In cuffs again

Hmm this is quite interesting, all the other crew members landed on islands either in the red line or the grand line, but we have our first member to be sent to one the blue seas. The East blue in fact luffy’s and Zoro’s home corner of the world, but one thing I remembered was Mihawk saying that it was the weakest of the 4 blues, a good thing for robin who’s in cuffs (which don’t look like sea stone cuffs). This bridge they are building, a bridge that’s been built for the last 700 years, but it being needed to connect islands together maybe Robin will have an straightforward route to the grand line than I first assumed.
    Robin’s location is the one that interesting me so far and I can’t believe Oda would set this scene up without having any intention of showing us another fantastic mini story.
    With this though I can’t help but think Brookes should have been sent there, Oda could have used Brookes stranded in the east blue as a way to reunite Brookes and laboon, but I guess he wasn't planning their reunion to be so quick.

For a guy who cant’ move
    He can roll pretty fast

The second member of Luffy mini group chopper also finds himself outside the grand line in the south blue, and as soon as he arrives is attacked by gigantic birds. After falling down the gigantic tree into what he’d think to be safe hands of humans, he’s been caught and told he will be made into reindeer stew.
    The island of treasure where birds rule over men, lol the humans on this island must be extremely stupid to being ruled over by birds, even if they are gigantic monsters.
    My guess is on chopper befriending a bird, and getting flown back, but how long will he stay in his immobile state, even after 3 days flying.

Well with choppers location revealed only one more member is still unknown.

Perona’s back

Perona the only person to actually give a description to kuma of where she wanted to go got her wish. But as most people tend to find out, getting what you want doesn’t always make you happy. In fact now she wishes he had gone into more details with wanting servants and toys, she even wants to go back to thriller bark. Well little did she know company was soon to arrive?

Zoro and he’s in bad shape

Now I have to admit Zoro is quite lucky, otherwise he would have landed here, and died, without food water or aid on this empty island cursed by death and war. Luckily for him perona was there to take good care of him, and after being on this island for such a long time she wants’ to leave, but why did she help Zoro, and with her abilities how Zoro will defeat her without her making him into a snivelling depressed guy. Especially after all that’s gone on some soul searching is just what Zoro needs, and with perona taking his swords away then that’s another definite mini story oda may decide to show us. Remember the last time Zoro swords were out of his sight he found it under a rock by hearing the breath of his sword.

Boa has a serious case of love sickness

She’s become delirious, after getting the marines to bring more food she sits not eating, imagining feeding luffy. This is such a funny scene from Oda and I think it’s the closest we will get to seeing any real love relationship develop through the series. But on a serious note, the two on the ship have now reached the current and are now heading to imperial down. 1 thing I just want to point out, with the revelations of the other crew member’s locations we know that all that we saw was a day before current events, and without knowing how close they are too imperial down they could still arrive in time to have a major part to play in this upcoming arc.

Still you got to feel Sorry for the love sick Boa Hancock.

The Marines Major forces assemble

While luffy is finishing the food supply for the marines on the ship he’s on, the other major marine forces are arriving. I even saw T-bone arrive... Smoker, tashigi all old faces of marines who in my eyes will have major roles in this fight and afterwards. 2 admirals also arrive with a V.A I guess akinu will have to wait a little longer before we are introduced to him. I just can’t believe this introduction is a long way away though, with wb attack, I can’t see an admiral being let off from fighting.

Warlords chilling
    While ace suffers

Now a great chapter wouldn’t be complete without a brilliantly scene or two and double page. We’ve never seen so many shichibukai group together like this, and we can see that mihawk who is relatively human size is short compared to flamingo, bb, and the other warlords. Similar to Zoro’s personality he’s sleeping, only opening his eyes to what I believe hearing something which may have interested him. I think flamingo is talking about the strawhats because the way moria seems pissed while bb and flamingo laugh makes me think the subject of the convosation must have moved to the strawhats. Nice to see bb got a pirate hate of his own lol

Alongside this great scene we are left with another scene with Ace tied up suffering while his opponent as a jolly time eating food. Garp statement being the best of the chapter: “we have already angered the ruler of the seas.” It just a nice touch to another great set up chapter.

Overall Rating
    10 out 10
    Another great chapter after last week, just brilliant set up after a 10 arc mini story from luffy, this chapter also opens so many doors for oda as to what the next chapter could be about. A war which would to other mangka become limiting Oda quite skilfully makes it quite un-limiting bringing characters we haven’t seen for hundreds of chapters.

Predictions
    Well I don’t see the point after this chapter, so many things could happen, He could focus on wb if he wanted, he could do another string of mini stories (which I doubt), he can go into this meeting the shichibukai are having at this table. He could even do a mini time jump chapter, I just got so many predictions that I couldn’t possible write them all down, all I know and hope for is that the next chapter isn’t too anticlimactic.

Well i hope you enjoyed the review, i look forward to reading your views and comments on the chapter and the review

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neo's One piece 524 Review

Zoro x Perona anyone?

LoL.

Hancock as crewmember is way too obvious. I think I'm opting for Perona instead..=o

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MAX_COLA_POWER!'s Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Neo! You know that I didn't actually notice that Hancock was daydreaming. I thought the room just had a nice flowery smell or something^^;;. Zoro and Robin are the side arcs I really wanna see what can they learn out of this. Usopp maybe, cause he'll get a huge bravery boost. Nami will probably re-charge on Dial power and new weather arsenal. Perona on the crew? So not happening. Hancock has a better chance because of the tragic past and cool ability. To see all of the familiar faces of the Marines, I fear another Smoker vs. Luffy confontation, while Tashigi goes all desperate fangirl mode asking where Zoro is. All 5 Shichibukai together, Mihawk and Kuma, the only ones with honor, are the only quiet ones, with these faces: v_O and \_/ _ \_/. And Ace, I thought I would never see him with his willpower broken like that...somehow I think that he knows that Newgate will walk straight into his death, watching his life's dream fall apart. I don't want him to join Luffy if it'll mean he'll lose one of his most cherished people.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neomaster121 View Post
    he could do another string of mini stories (which I doubt)
    LOL, that's exactly why i think the SH crew is already too big and why i don't want new members to join. All crew members are main characters and deserve at least half the amount of solo chapters than Luffy.
    But it seems no one wants something like that to happen, but are still crying for new member

Quote Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
    Perona on the crew? So not happening. Hancock has a better chance because of the tragic past and cool ability.
    It' true, we don't currently know about Perona's past, but she fits better than Hancock.
    Why: It is the same as with Margaret, she looks too similar as one of the other SHs. Margaret=Nami, Hancock=Robin.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to have a tragic past and cool abilities to join.

Look at Usopp, slingshot, who'd call that a 'cool' ability? And we didn't know about Robin's past until an arc after she joined...

SO yeah.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tomgoood01's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review as always Neo been reading them weekly and you have improved you grammar by like 1000 percent since my last post. Good job!!

A few bits of info i like to mention while i was viewing the 525 prediction thread. stating with Usoppu the island of bugs is a perfect match for him. In the TB Arc a lot of his attacks where named after bugs and in particular with Beetles such as his weapon the Kabuto meaning beetle in Japaneses. Now i do think that what he will gain mostly from this island is a weapon improvement or new type of ammo or armor as we seen from the guy who killed the atlas beetle which is one of Usoppu attacks. Because Beetles being the strongest animal comparing to it's size is clear sign of strength which is where Usoppu will harness somehow.

As well the island where Robin is at there is a clear connection to Dragon being that there are slaves that don't support WG maybe former revolutionaries or that have worked under Dragon. so I hope Oda will give us some info on that subject.

Now with Brooke the place where he was sent has to do with his forte music being that he will encounter the Tenaga tribe which is the long arm tribe where Stratchmen Apoo is from one of the super Novas Both having a music theme so with that connection we might get to see some background info about the tribe and the history of Apoo as well Brooke can for sure use a power up improving his music Kempo.

Anyway thats all i wanted to point out.
    Last edited by Tomgoood01; November 30, 2008 at 04:48 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxe View Post
    Zoro x Perona anyone?

LoL.

Hancock as crewmember is way too obvious. I think I'm opting for Perona instead..=o
    Hancock is just enjoying the last few days she will have with him, if she stays with him her home is in danger
    perona wants to go home, and i just don't like her so please oda don't make her join hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
    Nice review Neo! You know that I didn't actually notice that Hancock was daydreaming. I thought the room just had a nice flowery smell or something^^;;. Zoro and Robin are the side arcs I really wanna see what can they learn out of this. Usopp maybe, cause he'll get a huge bravery boost. Nami will probably re-charge on Dial power and new weather arsenal. Perona on the crew? So not happening. Hancock has a better chance because of the tragic past and cool ability. To see all of the familiar faces of the Marines, I fear another Smoker vs. Luffy confontation, while Tashigi goes all desperate fangirl mode asking where Zoro is. All 5 Shichibukai together, Mihawk and Kuma, the only ones with honor, are the only quiet ones, with these faces: v_O and \_/ _ \_/. And Ace, I thought I would never see him with his willpower broken like that...somehow I think that he knows that Newgate will walk straight into his death, watching his life's dream fall apart. I don't want him to join Luffy if it'll mean he'll lose one of his most cherished people.
    I don't think ace's will power is broken, i just think he knows many will die in this battle, and as a leader of a division u don't want people to die for you, it's ace's job to look after them like luffy zoro n sanji look after the crew but yea as you said he knows this could be the death of wb

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Popo View Post
    LOL, that's exactly why i think the SH crew is already too big and why i don't want new members to join. All crew members are main characters and deserve at least half the amount of solo chapters than Luffy.
    But it seems no one wants something like that to happen, but are still crying for new member

It' true, we don't currently know about Perona's past, but she fits better than Hancock.
    Why: It is the same as with Margaret, she looks too similar as one of the other SHs. Margaret=Nami, Hancock=Robin.
    lol yea yea you were right lol
    but i still don't think perona or anyone is going to join, perona wants to go bck to thriller bark

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxe View Post
    You don't need to have a tragic past and cool abilities to join.

Look at Usopp, slingshot, who'd call that a 'cool' ability? And we didn't know about Robin's past until an arc after she joined...

SO yeah.
    but the thing is she still got the sad past and usopp's mother died and usopp is a gunner not just a slingshot user, i think Oda is planing more ocean battles, and usopp will be a great fighter in those situations

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgoood01 View Post
    Nice review as always Neo been reading them weekly and you have improved you grammar by like 1000 percent since my last post. Good job!!

A few bits of info i like to mention while i was viewing the 525 prediction thread. stating with Usoppu the island of bugs is a perfect match for him. In the TB Arc a lot of his attacks where named after bugs and in particular with Beetles such as his weapon the Kabuto meaning beetle in Japaneses. Now i do think that what he will gain mostly from this island is a weapon improvement or new type of ammo or armor as we seen from the guy who killed the atlas beetle which is one of Usoppu attacks. Because Beetles being the strongest animal comparing to it's size is clear sign of strength which is where Usoppu will harness somehow.

As well the island where Robin is at there is a clear connection to Dragon being that there are slaves that don't support WG maybe former revolutionaries or that have worked under Dragon. so I hope Oda will give us some info on that subject.

Now with Brooke the place where he was sent has to do with his forte music being that he will encounter the Tenaga tribe which is the long arm tribe where Stratchmen Apoo is from one of the super Novas Both having a music theme so with that connection we might get to see some background info about the tribe and the history of Apoo as well Brooke can for sure use a power up improving his music Kempo.

Anyway thats all i wanted to point out.
    Thanks, yea that's one thing i've continued to put effot in gd too hear that it's paid off

tom you make good points n now that you point them out i must say i agree with them n i thought robin would be quite interesting if dragon also gets involved in this war then whoa this could be an epic run of chapters, how Oda will pull it off well it will be worth the wait

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kaiser Will's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review neo. Becoming a assiduous reader of your reviews!

Your commentary in Robin scene really makes me think what she will discover in this island.
    And the Shichibukai meeting and Ace begging for Garp kill him was awesome!
    BTW Hancock in love is really funny. She is having allucinations with Luffy lol!
    But the most important thing in this chapter is the all Maorine patent officers are arriving in HQ which means that HQ is taking this war really serious.
    Akainu should make a reception to Luffy in ID, and be the first Admiral that Luffy will be capable to beat!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goji's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Neo! Always nice to hear your opinion on new OP chapters. ^^

I mostly agree with you, and the things I wanted to add were already said by Tom. This leaves me with only one other comment:

...all the other crew members landed on islands either in the red line or the grand line, but we have our first member to be sent to one the blue seas.
    I wanted to point out this little error in your review. You mention the red line in this sentence, but I think you meant the calm belt (probably)...
    As you say, all members landed somewhere in the grand line except for Luffy -who landed in the calm belt-, Robin -landed in east blue-, and lastly Chopper -who landed in south blue-.

Just to point out that the red line is the long strip of land which divides the 4 world seas and splits the grand line in two.
    That's all, overall good review!

[url=http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50362]

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Will View Post
    Excellent review neo. Becoming a assiduous reader of your reviews!

Your commentary in Robin scene really makes me think what she will discover in this island.
    And the Shichibukai meeting and Ace begging for Garp kill him was awesome!
    BTW Hancock in love is really funny. She is having allucinations with Luffy lol!
    But the most important thing in this chapter is the all Maorine patent officers are arriving in HQ which means that HQ is taking this war really serious.
    Akainu should make a reception to Luffy in ID, and be the first Admiral that Luffy will be capable to beat!
    thanks
    well preety much agree with you expect ur last point, i don't know why but i still don't think luffy will be defeating any admirals so soon, i guess it maybe one that he can fight decently without wining or getting badly beaten

Quote Originally Posted by Goji View Post
    Thanks for the review Neo! Always nice to hear your opinion on new OP chapters. ^^

I mostly agree with you, and the things I wanted to add were already said by Tom. This leaves me with only one other comment:

I wanted to point out this little error in your review. You mention the red line in this sentence, but I think you meant the calm belt (probably)...
    As you say, all members landed somewhere in the grand line except for Luffy -who landed in the calm belt-, Robin -landed in east blue-, and lastly Chopper -who landed in south blue-.

Just to point out that the red line is the long strip of land which divides the 4 world seas and splits the grand line in two.
    That's all, overall good review!
    lol thanks
    yea i made an error with luffys location i'll remember that next time

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kaiser Will's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks
    well preety much agree with you expect ur last point, i don't know why but i still don't think luffy will be defeating any admirals so soon, i guess it maybe one that he can fight decently without wining or getting badly beaten
    I know that too, but Luffy can't get spanked by the 3 Admirals!
    It would be too humiliation for him! And if you look right all the meeting with the Admirals make some consequences, first: problems with the crew, disbanded (Usopp and Robin) and get all of them separeted, and second: after this meetings Luffy always get a little more strong (Gears) and now probably Haki!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Will View Post
    I know that too, but Luffy can't get spanked by the 3 Admirals!
    It would be too humiliation for him! And if you look right all the meeting with the Admirals make some consequences, first: problems with the crew, disbanded (Usopp and Robin) and get all of them separeted, and second: after this meetings Luffy always get a little more strong (Gears) and now probably Haki!
    ah but luffy wouldn't have been spanked 3 time kizaru was mainly beating up zoro while luffy fought the bodyguard i think luffy zoro n samji will defeat an admiral each (long term dream lol)

Yea luffy will get stronger with haki but can he fully learn it at the lvl of which he could defeat an admiral in such a short time... i myself doubt this

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

would be cool

Sanji vs freezer
    Zoro vs light guy
    luffy vs the red guy

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

The power of the WG...massing shichibukai and marine officers
    hope this leads on to something good

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    would be cool

Sanji vs freezer
    Zoro vs light guy
    luffy vs the red guy
    yea i ithought so too thats why i hope it happens with such a small crew luffy needs both sanji and Zoro at the level where they can fight admirals if he's fighting a major person as well

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    The power of the WG...massing shichibukai and marine officers
    hope this leads on to something good
    yea well me too Oda set this up so well and i hope it's not gonna end anticlimatic
    well i've just woken up so im gonna get started on my reviews on the latest chapters

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

New Reply