Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Bat by Urasawa Naoki

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Billy Bat by Urasawa Naoki

Can someone needs to explain this to me who is who in each chapter??? There was a fake messiah in 14 and the real one in 15. I'm confused I have a headache now.

Looking back I realized that ch14 p 17 and ch15 p 11 are the same scene just with different view points.
    Last edited by Akiyama; August 29, 2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DrPepperPro's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ¬Bol View Post
    I think this can't be possibile, because the Judas kid sees Jesus on the cross. And when Jesus gets killed he must be an adult.
    We're never told that that was Jesus. All we see of him is the walk and the crucifixion, which like the 2 bats tell us, happened all the time. We aren't told that the other one that Judas meets is Jesus either, but there's more evidence with the famous scenes.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ¬Bol's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I've convinced myself he's Jesus and nobody else...You know, his look, the cross, miracles, the Last Dinner, Judas's kiss...If he was somebody else, he'd be a copycat. But yeah, if he really was somebody else, Urasawa'd have completely tricked me.
    °__°

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    Looking back I realized that ch14 p 17 and ch15 p 11 are the same scene just with different view points.
    They're similar, but not exactly the same. One is helping a woman by a tree out in an open area, the other is an old man in a city. Also of the scenes that show the supposed messiah's healing, the one in chapter 15 with the old man looks much more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by ¬Bol View Post
    I've convinced myself he's Jesus and nobody else...You know, his look, the cross, miracles, the Last Dinner, Judas's kiss...If he was somebody else, he'd be a copycat. But yeah, if he really was somebody else, Urasawa'd have completely tricked me.
    You're mixing up the 2 separate stories. The person who was shown crucified in chapter 14 is not Jesus, but a supposed false prophet. The Jesus in chapter 15 is Jesus. He was never shown crucified.

But besides discussing that, the more important thing is: how does that matter? The one in chapter 14 drew the symbol of that bat also, which we can guess came from the mind of the man that kid Judas was helping. The same way that the one in chapter 15 drew from Judas' mind. This means both of these people carried out the will of that bat or bats, as we can see by the last page in chapter 15.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Billy_Bat/15/24/

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the "two Jesus" was the same person, but now that you make me notice, Judas meets them in different ways, so only the second one can be the true Jesus. Pretty good, now I can figure out the story of the Messiahs. Or well, at least I think so.
    °__°

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So ten years later there is a Billy Land up and running. That prostitute (to lazy to look up name) said that she wanted Kevin to draw a manga to make the world cheer up and it would be so popular there would be an amusement park. So maybe Kevin went back to America and changed his name and continued to draw Billy Bat in a different style.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The new author is called Chuck Culkin, and Chuck is the name of Kevin's assistant (chapter 3). If he really is the assistant, that'd mean that Kevin refuses to draw (but what about the prostitute's will?), or he couldn't come back to America/draw it anymore.
    I hope this second option is the right one, cos we could see all Kevin's troubles in these ten years (even if Urasawa could finish this taxi story and skip to present days, or WWII, or future, or dinosaurs age, or whenever else).
    °__°

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not just any manga he's supposed to draw, but one like what the sensei drew. Rewrite history or something like that. I don't think he has to change his name, or even get it published for it to matter.

He's supposed to go to America, that's what he was told to do in the last page of the comic the sensei left him, so he's probably gonna do that, or already did (if we end up staying in the 1959 time period).
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/billy_bat/c010/6.html

Also this part and the following pages:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/billy_bat/c011/14.html

So this is supposed to be President Kennedy I think, and it's showing his decision to have a man on the moon by the end of the 60's. It looks like it'll be a future event caused by Kevin's manga drawings, since he had a dream and then wrote it down, just like how his sensei described it, and then drew that train accident which happened:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/billy_bat/c011/11.html

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are the scans and raws of this serie?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll just have to read it on onemanga for now.

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molokidan's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

No new chapters may appear, however, unless I can find a raw provider...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought raw-paradise might be under the Kodansha ban too, but they did scan Vagabond from the same magazine as Billy Bat, so maybe they'll get around to scanning BB 18 too.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I also noticed that Vagabond is on raw-paradise. And there are also manga from weekly shonen magazine, which is published by Kodansha too.
    Hope you will able to find a raw provider as soon as possibile, molokidan.
    °__°

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it's weird they are jumping all over the place... now they are in ancient japanese period... Something mustve happened to kenji for the billy bat author to be his assistant after 10 years?

I kinda want the billy bat car toy in the car..
    Last edited by shouryuujo; September 23, 2009 at 12:08 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 19's Raw can be found on raw-paradise (thans god). Can chp 18 be found?
    °__°

New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast