Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Will Bleach eng dub be left behind?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tengetsu91's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Bleach eng dub be left behind?

Im kind of wondering what will happen. This saturday bleach is suppose to be returning with new episodes. However, im sure fans of the series have watched the anime subbed episodes way past where the english dubbed left off. I plan on watching it but I want to know what you guys think. Do you think anyone will really take the time to watch the english dub, and sub? Or will the eng. version of bleach be left behind? I really do appreciate the eng voice cast for their time and effort put into this series. And I hope many of you will do them a favor and watch their eng dubbed episodes.

In Anime everyone looks good

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Bleach eng dub be left behind?

I don't watch many of the fansubs unless it's the big events, tbh.

I make a point of owning the whole series in Book/DVD format. Thinking of how much i've spent makes me feel kinda wasteful, but meh. I enjoy it. xD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Shippuden is left behind as well, by like 5 seasons. So I doubt people will stop watching Bleach. Maybe not that much for the fillers, but people will definitely tune in again for the Hueco Mundo storyline and the other canon stuff after that.

Besides, some people don't have computers to watch the subbed version.

Akhkharu

Quote Originally Posted by slmcknett View Post
    Well, Shippuden is left behind as well, by like 5 seasons. So I doubt people will stop watching Bleach. Maybe not that much for the fillers, but people will definitely tune in again for the Hueco Mundo storyline and the other canon stuff after that.

Besides, some people don't have computers to watch the subbed version.

LOL WHAT?! People don't have computers? What is this the stone age?

People who don't have computers, are usually people who wouldn't watch Bleach anyways.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Not everybody can afford a computer.

Besides, that's not true. My friend doesn't own a computer, but he still loves the show. (a lot of anime, really...) I usually record it for him on my TV, but still.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny that you made this thread because I caught the dub by chance the other night and they're (finally) on Ichigo vs. Grimmjow in Hueco Mundo which was covered in the anime around 07 or 08 if I recall. Personally, I don't know why its still on [AS].

If someone was really looking to follow Bleach, they wouldn't get much out of it at the pace its being shown at..and its time slot doesn't help matters much either.

Also, I still question the relevance of dubbing filler episodes. 1) Its a wast of time and money doing because they aren't as good (An opinion leaning towards fact) and 2) The English version is already years behind the Japanese anime so there wouldn't be a need for fillers *shrugs*

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, they got up to the Ichigo vs. Grimmjow fight last Fall. They just went on like a 9 month break. New episodes begin this Saturday with the Shusuke Amagai fillers.

However, I do agree with the fact that dubbing fillers is a waste since they're of no importance to the actual story. I was surprised that they even dubbed the 80+ fillers that Naruto had, even after the show had already ended. (Although, to be fair, those episodes should have never had the gall to grace this world with their presence to be with...)

But, still, it's too late now. And if [AS] kept up with the 2-episodes per week deal, then it wouldn't be that bad, and we'd be up the Pendulum arc by this Winter, but since they're going back to the regular schedule (which sucks), I conquer that it's pace is going to be horrid (the time slot non-withstanding.)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Eternal_Breath's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys be reasonable, the reason that they dub filler episodes is because there's more potential to make money in dvd sales if there's more content to work with, not to mention that voice actors get paid better if they do more episodes so it wouldn't be fair to them if you just leave big parts of the series undubbed, which would probably cause problems for the fans who prefer the dubbed version of the series. Besides there'd probably be licensing issues if a company only wanted to dub bits and pieces of a series.

Anyway, the English of Bleach will always be behind the Japanese, because dubbing studios always dub Anime 26 episodes at a time (so to fit in with the seasonal format of American TV shows), and unless something unforeseeable happens with Bleach's ratings on [AS] it'll stay on, afterall it is one of the big three Shonen series (meaning it has a very devote fanbase), not to mention they'll always be those who prefer watching something in their native tongue when they can (myself for example).

So yeah I think the dub of Bleach is pretty secure .

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal_Breath View Post
    Anyway, the English of Bleach will always be behind the Japanese, because dubbing studios always dub Anime 26 episodes at a time (so to fit in with the seasonal format of American TV shows),
    Never heard of that before. I just thought they recorded as much as they could, but put the show on hiatus when the episodes caught up too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal_Breath View Post
    and unless something unforeseeable happens with Bleach's ratings on [AS] it'll stay on,
    Oh, no arguments there. I'm just saying that the pacing is bad due to 1 episode a week and we're never gonna get to the good parts this quickly.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lingwe's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Besides there'd probably be licensing issues if a company only wanted to dub bits and pieces of a series.
    You've clearly never had the pleasure of watching $kids, sorry meant to say 4kids' edit and dub of One Piece.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Eternal_Breath's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lingwe View Post
    You've clearly never had the pleasure of watching $kids, sorry meant to say 4kids' edit and dub of One Piece.
    You're right I haven't, to my knowledge they just (heavily) edited the series, do you mean they skipped over the filler episodes as well. Can you elaborate?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my favorite anime show and I watch this show in English. And this is very much popular in US.

New Reply