Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Man, Midorima is just crazy. 100% shooting accuracy? Shuutoku in general just seems way too strong. I can't imagine how they're going to get defeated.

Seirin is going to have to level up a lot before they can even stand on the same court as them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Ch. 17
    If Shutoku wins with 153 points, 38 points at the end of the 2nd quarter is rather low.
    There is still something hidden in Midorima according to Hyuuga, perhaps my prediction on him is not false. Wait and see.
    Two matches in a row during the finals may be a possibility to expose first-years other than Kuroko and Kagami.
    Something of the past unveiled in the next chapter may be about the 2nd years to give them more importance in the match. But the author can also wait for the matches to make some flash-backs, since they confronted each other last year.

It seems there was a re-init of Kuroko in favorites. If you had it as a favorite, you may need to add it again. I hope we will reach 100 rapidly again.
    About Kuroko's main page on MH, I would like to thank the person that put the static color page.

Ch. 18

What is Kagami scratching on the first page??

Good "claquette" on page 6 (What is the English term?). I am fond of this type of actions.

Some good laughs with Izuki's lame joke and Kuroko justifying he is going under the consequences of the two matches on the same day with "proper muscle ache".

More information about the other king in this chapter. Since the info is only focused on one guy (Tsugawa), I think the match will be short like the one in the first round.

It is very random the one who comes up with a strategy; sometimes it is Kuroko, sometimes Riko and now Hyuuga.
    At first, I have thought that to counter Tsugawa, Hyuuga wants to make Kuroko play in his influence zone. Since he does not keep the ball very long, Kuroko won't lose it. But, more likely, Seihou will do an individual defense against Kagami with their best player and Tsugawa's sadistic attitude fits more a direct confrontation with Kagami.
    I think to keep some forces for the match just after and slow down the pace of Seihou, which seems rather fast, Seirin will make a full use of the 24 seconds during their offenses.

The captain of the middle school Teikou's team is the number 4. Number 4 was also the center of the color page in the first chapter (and so the main antagonist among the generation of miracles). So far, it is consistent, but I would rather have an indication about his position.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; April 19, 2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meromorphe View Post
    More information about the other king in this chapter. Since the info is only focused on one guy (Tsugawa), I think the match will be short like the one in the first round.
    I'm thinking it will probably be a little longer, since these guys are supposed to a King. It would be odd if the match only took a couple of chapters. Up until now, most of the matches have been against no name schools.

We saw Hyuuga show off some leadership skills here, so hopefully he's going to get more development now. We need to round out the rest of the Seirin team before the Seihou match, I think.

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree, the second years should be the focus of this first match, because as strong as they are, Kuroko and Kagami just can't win he match by themselves. Maybe Tsugawa has been made an excellent defense player just so that Kagami leaves some space for the senpais to show off how much they've improved? Koganei doesn't seem like the type to get much screentime, but I'm expecting Izuki and Mitobe to show off a bit this time (the former being a nightmare and the latter a dream for the translator >.>).

Either way, ch18 mentioned that the first volume was sold out and being reprinted (haven't been able to find sale figures yet, tough), so I guess this manga could actually survive for a while?

(first post in a while just to show off my new sig >.>)

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Xophien is here, it's party time
    Nice fanart of Riko in the sig. You should post in an ES21 thread. Here, you will find only converted people (We are three ). The fanart seems to have been done after the release of the cover, since she has a pink whistle, but her gesture does not make think of any panel in the manga. I may have a blank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    Either way, ch18 mentioned that the first volume was sold out and being reprinted (haven't been able to find sale figures yet, tough), so I guess this manga could actually survive for a while?
    Ooh! I missed this point in the previous chapter. I am no longer worried about his future
    Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    (the former being a nightmare and the latter a dream for the translator >.>).

I have a sufficient level in japanese to understand Mitobe

Ch. 19
    Before this chapter I thought Tadatoshi would wait for the match against Shutoku to show more the other players of Seirin, but the whole revenge thing makes me agree with you. We will see a bit how they have improved since last year. It does not mean their improvement will be entirely satisfactory and the author could play the card "the other players shall still improve to keep up with Kagami".
    From this chapter I have the feeling that Kagami and Kuroko could do a lot of damage alone, because the players of Seihou were not presented as particularly good. For example, Tsugawa is shaved and so does not have any weird hair color I still think the match will last between 2 and 4 chapters (5 is the gray zone and I don't believe it will last six or more chapters). I am glad the color page corresponds to an important event in the manga (the beginning of a new match) this time, but I think the manga has too many color pages. I would prefer color pages when it is important in the story. Anyway, it still is good for Tadatoshi, since the last chapter of Bakuman suggests the mangakas are more paid with a color page.

Otherwise, Seihou team is rather short, so it corresponds to this image of mobility from the last chapter. I think there is a term to speak of a NBA team with shorter people (especially for center and power forward positions), but I don't remember it.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; April 28, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely think we're going to see more of the 2nd years. That's where this chapter seemed to be going in the second half.

We got properly introduced to Seihou this time, and they seem pretty strong. Not tall, but if they have their mobility and defense that we've heard about, they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata Fan View Post
    We got properly introduced to Seihou this time, and they seem pretty strong.
    It is just a feeling of how Tadatoshi wants to show how important they are in the story, but they seem weaker than Shutoku for me. In order to avoid complaints like "Seirin barely wins against Seihou, is exhausted, but still wins against Shutoku, I can't believe it", the author may make Seirin controls the match at a certain point. In this configuration, the match will still be close, but Seirin will not be in danger. In the first round they control their game from the 2nd quarter to the end. It is a possibility.
    Either way, I would be fine with Hyuuga scoring a buzzer beater to show how the second years have improved.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; April 28, 2009 at 03:56 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meromorphe View Post
    It is just a feeling of how Tadatoshi wants to show how important they are in the story, but they seem weaker than Shutoku for me. In order to avoid complaints like "Seirin barely wins against Seihou, was exhausted, but still wins against Shutoku, I can't believe it", the author may make Seirin controls the match at a certain point. In this configuration, the match will still be close, but Seirin will not be in danger. In the first round they control their game from the 2nd quarter to the end. It is a possibility.
    Either way, I would be fine with Hyuuga scoring a buzzer beater to show how the second years have improved.
    Well, obviously Shutoku are the ones to really look out for, but I don't think Seihou should be overlooked, either.

I can see this being a match that goes down to the wire, based on how they've been built up by the characters.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member alexlw92's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

whens the new raw come out? i thought it was WSJ, and everything else is out already >.<
    *edit*YAY THE RAWs OUT!

isnt it kinda obvious how to stop midorima? just block his shot
    except the mangaka will probably counter that also...

*edit*YAY THE RAWs OUT!
    is the bald guy like shane battier?
    in this sense http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/ma...Battier-t.html
    Last edited by alexlw92; May 11, 2009 at 01:19 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, fellows, I need a info. Could you help me?

How many chapters has the first volume of Kuroko?
    And, where I can get that kind of info for other series?
    Last edited by Pirulito; May 11, 2009 at 09:27 AM.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

@piru: with some good luck, you might find it on wiki ^^

anyway I finally caught up with kuroko. I love this manga. The sports is great and it isn't overproduced at all. I do look forward to the upcoming matches but I am kinda surprised how everything is fast paced at this moment. Anyway the matches aren't taking long at this moment and that might be a good thing.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, Kuroko stopping his pass in the nick of time was priceless... Speaks volumes about his basketball awareness and senses

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hooked! I want to read more! Too bad chapter 20 is not yet scanlated. T_T

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirulitokun View Post
    How many chapters has the first volume of Kuroko?
    Seven. The next volumes should have the usual 9, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by krav3n View Post
    I'm hooked! I want to read more! Too bad chapter 20 is not yet scanlated. T_T
    The translator is entirely to be blamed for that. Should you see him, feel free to stone him to death or something

At least I managed to get it in time before the next raw day^^;;

Art by 双瀬 聖

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexlw92 View Post
    isnt it kinda obvious how to stop midorima? just block his shot
    Usually, the teams play to make a comfortable position for the shooter. Even so, if the defender is near the shooter, having a good timing to block the ball is difficult. Moreover, Midorima is tall and his shoot goes high very fast, so blocks like the one of Papa on Hyuuga in the previous match won't happen. So, I think he will be blocked, but just a few times.

Chapter 20
    I was expecting Midorima on the color page, perhaps next time, which is surprisingly soon.
    I don't believe the nanba run is more efficient than the normal run and preserves more stamina. I want to see some studies.
    More generally, I am not impressed at martial arts improving one's way of playing basketball.
    As expected it takes one chapter for Kagami to have the advantage against his opponent (Tsugawa's last sentence suggests the duel may not be over entirely).
    It won't be sufficient alone to have the lead in the game and so we will see more of the other members (and this famous strategy).

I bet the next chapter will begin in the second quarter and Seriin losing 10 behind.

PS: big lol at "Go donate your blood or something"

New Reply
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast