Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Quote Originally Posted by Meromorphe View Post
    I don't believe the nanba run is more efficient than the normal run and preserves more stamina. I want to see some studies.
    Shingo Suetsugu trained with that method and held the Asian record for the 200m run. I wasn't able to find any proper english page on the internet that talks about it, but there seems to be a good number of page in Japanese (including a Wikipedia one, where I got most of the stuff), and it does seem like a sound theory. Since your body isn't twisting more than necessary, your stamina doesn't decrease as much, you're more stable, and since you're making less useless movements, you can use more power more easily. It's just that it's probably not used much because it's hard to get used to it, and honestly, try to walk like that, you'll just look ridiculous >.>;

Art by 双瀬 聖

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Xoph, I see you prefer the bordeaux of MH Senpai to the purple of translator. Do we wish you a happy retirement or is it too early?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    Shingo Suetsugu trained with that method and held the Asian record for the 200m run. I wasn't able to find any proper english page on the internet that talks about it, but there seems to be a good number of page in Japanese (including a Wikipedia one, where I got most of the stuff), and it does seem like a sound theory. Since your body isn't twisting more than necessary, your stamina doesn't decrease as much, you're more stable, and since you're making less useless movements, you can use more power more easily. It's just that it's probably not used much because it's hard to get used to it, and honestly, try to walk like that, you'll just look ridiculous >.>;
    The fact you found just one person tends to proves me it is not more efficient. Seriously, there are trainers, scientists and doctors that study the body movements a lot to improve the athletes. For example, in natation they go to study the swimming of dolphins or the formation of bubbles between fingers. If the nanba run was more efficient, every athlete would have done it. I wait for a really serious scientific study to have a proper opinion on it. Nanba run seems a good fitness exercice, though.

Ch. 21
    Seirin doing their best to rally Seihou was really good.
    From all Kuroko's lines that were already excellent the new one "I will do my best not to be depressed" is my favorite one.
    Kagami has already 3 faults. Normally, he will be on the bench for the 2nd and 3rd quarters and comes back in the 4th. He can be out because of 5 faults rapidly, but it will make Riko dumb to let him on the court.
    The PG Itsuki is really attracted by the ring. In this chapter and the previous ones he does a lay-up.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; May 19, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Here you are the Spoiler pictures for Kuroko no Basket 22
    http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/29765

Release Notes
    It is okay to have a mirror. However, whatever when you want to quote, make a mirror or anything else with this raw, please write down me, as the original uploader. If I found anywhere that without quoting the sources, I will condemn them in their sites

Also, please accept my poor quality in scanning, as I don't want to tear off the pages and weak in arts.

Computer translation:
    鏡を持っているのは、オーケーです。 しかしながら、あなたが、いつ鏡を作るように引用したいか、これが生であることの他の何かが何であっても、私を書き留めてください、オリジナルのアップローダとして。 私が、何処かでソースを引用せずに、彼らのサイトで彼らを非難するつもりであるのがわかったなら

また、私の私が急いで去りたくないので、スキャンすることにおける上質の貧乏人が芸術でページであって弱いと受け入れてください。

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

OOh, we forgot to speak about the bangai in the last Akamaru Jump.
    It looks funny, but I can't say much. I think everybody did that, borrow glasses or lend glasses to see how it looks

Except Toriko, all succeeding newcomers are here with Kuroko no Basket I think. It is interesting to see how they trust them to make sales.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; May 23, 2009 at 06:24 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member alexlw92's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexlw92 View Post
    Oh goodness, that's totally it: the redirection of the ball, the blind pass
    the video also shows that with this style of play it is also interesting to attract a defender on you.

Now that I've seen that, I find Kuroko more awesome

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Here you are the Spoiler pictures for Kuroko no Basket 23
    http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/31400

Release Notes
    It is okay to have a mirror. However, whatever when you want to quote, make a mirror or anything else with this raw, please write down me, as the original uploader. If I found anywhere that without quoting the sources, I will condemn them in their sites

Also, please accept my poor quality in scanning, as I don't want to tear off the pages and weak in arts.

Computer translation:
    鏡を持っているのは、オーケーです。 しかしながら、あなたが、いつ鏡を作るように引用したいか、これが生であることの他の何かが何であっても、私を書き留めてください、オリジナルのアップローダとして。 私が、何処かでソースを引用せずに、彼らのサイトで彼らを非難するつもりであるのがわかったなら

また、私の私が急いで去りたくないので、スキャンすることにおける上質の貧乏人が芸術でページであって弱いと受け入れてください。

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*sigh* So the match against Seihou is coming to an end in chapter 24... really, can't the author make them last just a bit longer? I hope the match against Shuutoku isn't as short as the ones shown so far.
    That said, I liked to see the second-years showing some character development with this revenge thing. I was starting to think Kuroko and Kagami would be the only ones in the spotlight until the end.

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameOld View Post
    *sigh* So the match against Seihou is coming to an end in chapter 24...
    The end of ch23 says in its preview for the next one "Fierce battle before the end of the match", but that doesn't mean the match will actually end next chapter, in my opinion^^; it'll probably last a couple chapters more.

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you're right. Though six or seven chapters still isn't quite enough to me... at least Seirin vs Shuutoku will surely last a lot longer.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameOld View Post
    I hope you're right. Though six or seven chapters still isn't quite enough to me... at least Seirin vs Shuutoku will surely last a lot longer.
    Since everything was prepared for the match against Shutoku, it is normal to go rapidly to it. Still, I think he has slowed down his pace. For example, it took one chapter to make Kagami go out of the court in order to begin with the revenge of the senpais.

The color page of the ch. 22 is amazing and one of the few that I actually like. Tadatoshi captured well the concentration of the players.

At least some trash talk of Hyuuga against the opponent. I was waiting for that.

With the new character Tsuchida and the discover of their skills we have now a complete team. And I remember people were complaining about the lack of good supporting characters in the manga. The mangaka needed some time to introduce them.
    The hook shot pleases me a lot. So far, there was a lack of artistic moves requiring good skills to score. I hope to see more of them.

I was completely wrong about Izuki. It turns out his eye of the eagle makes him a playmaker like Kuroko.

Koganei had the spotlight in this chapter.His special skill is rather normal and the transformation of his face in the panel when he is falling is priceless. The author makes a full use of the fact it is a manga to draw a face that is serious and becomes more and more funny when his fall becomes a gag.

I have read too much ES21, but I think that putting Kuroko on the court is to prepare the last possession of Seirin when Kagami comes back. The attention will be on Kagami and Hyuuga will be free to score the victory buzzer beater.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; June 06, 2009 at 07:18 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a good game. Short, but pleasing.

The scene where Tsugawa literally LOSES SIGHT of Kuroko was fucking awesome.

Kinda saw the last play coming(Hyuuga´s buzzer beater), but it was satisfying nonetheless.

The game against Shuutoku will problably be even better.

These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me, or is Kuroko out bounds here:http://mangahelpers.com/s/asean-punk...5?t=1244687652

Am I just misreading this page because I don't see how that's a legal pass.

Are the rules different in Japan or something? Is it like soccer where the ball has to be out of bounds? In the U.S. that would be turnover.
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by predsfan View Post
    Is it just me, or is Kuroko out bounds here:http://mangahelpers.com/s/asean-punk...5?t=1244687652

Am I just misreading this page because I don't see how that's a legal pass.

Are the rules different in Japan or something? Is it like soccer where the ball has to be out of bounds? In the U.S. that would be turnover.
    Nah, the rules are the same and I´m pretty sure Fujimaki wouldn´t commit such an obvious mistake. The way I see it, his right foot touched the ground only after the pass was made. You must notice that the ball is already away from him in the moment the reader gets to see the scene. He problably touched the ball while running to the defender´s back, and ended up stepping out of bonds right after redirecting the pass.

These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast