Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Quote Originally Posted by muwlove View Post
    I'm not sure I can tell you guys why Kuroko didn't like Aomine's play bacause I can read Japanese so I'm ahead.
    Make sure to spoiler tag if you'd like to share it but I guess a hint is given based on this chapter and last game: Aomine isn't probably the team player and he will take basketball only serious and change his style of play when he meets a stronger opponent
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hai_Priesty's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Detour from the main discussion.... ^_^

We've news from publisher (which I mean the Printer)'s website that Kuroko Second Edition of the latest Volume 5 is planned confirmed 4 days after official publish date! (4th Jan 2010) It's hotter than hotcakes!

●コミックス
    お早めに(出来日の約一週間前までに)お取引の販売会社にご注文下さい。
    1月27日出来 ジャンプコミックス 『黒子のバスケ 5』 藤巻忠俊

Since we've Volume 5 ad info that Kuroko has just surprassed 1 million copies in print and they're immediately deciding reprint (out on 27 Jan) it means that Kuroko really sold over 200k per volume (Demand >> total print)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm
    somebody please tell me the story after chap 36..
    i'm dying waiting for it
    so who is the winner vs aomine??

hmmmm my first post...
    happy to see you all
    Last edited by senewe; January 08, 2010 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Senewe!
    Spoiler: Your answer show

This match raised Kuroko from being a good manga to a epic classic manga.
    If Seirin vs Shuutoku showed Kuroko to be a skilled player, against Touou & Aomine it showed Kuroko to be a wonderful player - and I mean not his fine basketball skills. It's the most important things anyone can ask from a good player - Passion and "Never say never".
    Last edited by hai_Priesty; January 08, 2010 at 03:48 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha chapter 37 was great. I love how Kagami can't even read the textbooks. But in all seriousness, I need that pencil...

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too. Anyways, this chapter really takes me back to all the great Slam Dunk comedy. Damn, Fujimaki-sensei is slowly but sure, surpassing Inoue-sensei.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LilaChan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 37 was a nice comical read. It's nice to see the characters out of basketball from time to time.

Now, the thing I was the most impressed with this chapter was Kagami's handwriting. It's not like he couldn't write kanji, but just horrible 8 year old handwriting. It looks identical to my friend's handwriting . Also I love how Kagami failed english too, it's definitely true we don't need perfect grammatical english in english speaking countries. Well done to Fujimaki-sensei for making Kagami a belivable idiot from America. I'm starting to think that Fujimaki-sensei might have actually interviewed someone from overseas . (Most mangas/anime/lightnovel have characters that come from America/France/Germany/UK being perfect at everything...despite the fact most likely they can barely write any Japanese)

I thought the captin would have been the smartest one after the coach, because he's the glasses guy.

This is a bit random, but Kagami and Taiga are the winners of the last two SaiMoe Tournament. Compare the Kagami Taiga here...

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LilaChan View Post
    Chapter 37 was a nice comical read. It's nice to see the characters out of basketball from time to time.

Now, the thing I was the most impressed with this chapter was Kagami's handwriting. It's not like he couldn't write kanji, but just horrible 8 year old handwriting. It looks identical to my friend's handwriting . Also I love how Kagami failed english too, it's definitely true we don't need perfect grammatical english in english speaking countries. Well done to Fujimaki-sensei for making Kagami a belivable idiot from America. I'm starting to think that Fujimaki-sensei might have actually interviewed someone from overseas . (Most mangas/anime/lightnovel have characters that come from America/France/Germany/UK being perfect at everything...despite the fact most likely they can barely write any Japanese)

I thought the captin would have been the smartest one after the coach, because he's the glasses guy.

This is a bit random, but Kagami and Taiga are the winners of the last two SaiMoe Tournament. Compare the Kagami Taiga here...
    Actually, if you take a look to it, English was the subject with the highest mark he got (41), compared to other subjects with 0-14. So Kagami did learn English; I think if he had studied, say, in the UK, he could have got at least those 9 points he had left to pass.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

Negative Syndicate

After reading chapter 52, I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LilaChan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unokpasabaxaki View Post
    Actually, if you take a look to it, English was the subject with the highest mark he got (41), compared to other subjects with 0-14. So Kagami did learn English; I think if he had studied, say, in the UK, he could have got at least those 9 points he had left to pass.
    Did it mention how long did Kagami stayed overseas? In his test, he couldn't even write kanji, doesn't that imply he stayed in America for quite a while? From personal experience, I think it would mean he went to the states since he was 7-9 years old, most of my friends who left Hong Kong about 11-12 years old can write essays (well...in chinese, but that's one of the closer languages to japanese). It's slightly unrealistic that he got THAT low in english, maybe a 70 would make a little more sense.

I really shouldn't analyse this too much, but this chapter was kinda cute

Just off-topic, I doubt being in the UK would improve his english. Even I am average in English compared to the nation, and my english is absolutely horrid.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Did it mention how long did Kagami stayed overseas? In his test, he couldn't even write kanji, doesn't that imply he stayed in America for quite a while? From personal experience, I think it would mean he went to the states since he was 7-9 years old, most of my friends who left Hong Kong about 11-12 years old can write essays (well...in chinese, but that's one of the closer languages to japanese). It's slightly unrealistic that he got THAT low in english, maybe a 70 would make a little more sense.

I really shouldn't analyse this too much, but this chapter was kinda cute

Just off-topic, I doubt being in the UK would improve his english. Even I am average in English compared to the nation, and my english is absolutely horrid.
    Being non-native and not having lived ever in any English-speaking country, I have no way to know that, actually ^^

By the way, chapter 38's out too. Enjoy: http://shinratensei.co.cc/index.php?topic=278.0
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Muwlove, me too....
    Quote Originally Posted by muwlove View Post
    After reading chapter 52, I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Spoiler show
    There are a few possible routes for summer-
    1) Summer Training Bootcamp Route which is almost a high school Sports Manga fixture. If that happens it'll usually be comedy at the beach. (And then of all the summer hidedout in the whole wide Japan Kise's or Midorima's team will somehow chosen the same training location XD)
    2) Ryota Miyagi Route The #7 that came back from hospital was (and still is) complicated in some gangster brawl. You know what happens next.... ^_^; Sort of strange that they're both #7 of their team.....
    3) Kuroko and Kagami's misunderstanding-route I think Kuroko looked that distraught in 52Q as Kagami walked away, because he thought what Kagami said means he discredited Kuroko's style of playing together totally.... While Kagami saying just playing as a team alone is not enough, actually just means they need to get stronger somehow. Would be worth a few chapters.
    The team may turn to brink of crumble only to get back together stronger than ever. (with help from new-comer)
    4) Tadatoshi Fujimaki Route. Sensei thinks of something original.

Now, the thing I was the most impressed with this chapter was Kagami's handwriting. It's not like he couldn't write kanji, but just horrible 8 year old handwriting. It looks identical to my friend's handwriting . Also I love how Kagami failed english too, it's definitely true we don't need perfect grammatical english in english speaking countries. Well done to Fujimaki-sensei for making Kagami a belivable idiot from America.
    ....So it's not me when I think he's handwriting is like a child!
    I still think it's incredible that he manged to score when he can't read the Ancient Literature textbook.

Justified, the Ancient Japanese text, unlike Shakespeare, is of a totally different language from spoken. It's something that is used as a tool to exclude the peasants from the upper class Royal-breds. Farmers from faraway speak their dialect and can't understand what the officials documents are saying even if they can read a few words. That was forunately abolished in the 1860s or 1870s.

Quote Originally Posted by unokpasabaxaki View Post
    Being non-native and not having lived ever in any English-speaking country, I have no way to know that, actually ^^
    Really depends on which english-speaking country. As you know from where I live (yeah you know my grammer >_<; ) Singlish is the norm and I've heard someone say "I'm PAINING!" to a doctor.... X_X
    (P.S. Thanks Uno-san!)

Release of 40Q done. (just translation)
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/hai-priesty/releases/18897

Edit : Me bad for doubleposting instead of Editing. :P Forgets again X_X....
    Last edited by hai_Priesty; January 13, 2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, you see I used to live in Canada for about 3 years & when I came back, my english was just fine & I always scored very high (top 5 in my school) when it comes to grammar, my teacher tends to nag me a lot because I faced probably the similar situation Kagami faced with his English.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a bit random, but oh well... According to Ragnaros, one of our cleaners (as well as typesetter, and redrawer at times): http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...tch0461011.jpg

XD

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Important update - NOT Spolier
    For the popularity vote - the prize will be the Midorima's rolling pencil that posters above said they want! XD (the bid prie is Sensei's sign though. 5 only)

There are 100 prizes of this pencil - if you like that do consider sending vote to Japan for a chance (I am)
    I'll send "How to Vote" updates here when I get my own Jump hard copy ^O^.

13 名前: ◆UsvFqYLfPA [sage] 投稿日:10/01/14(木) 16:47 ID:???
    >>11にカラー追加。

人気投票出した人に豪華賞品。
    5名に直筆サイン、100名に緑間特製コロコロ鉛筆(※湯島天神製ではありません)

今回詳細厳しいですごめんなさい。
    巻末コメスレの方もすみません

とのことだ
    緑間鉛筆ネタをここまで引っ張るとはw
    そのうちジャンプショップあたりで売ってそうだな

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast