Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Kagami´s awesomeness has gone up quite a bunch after this chapter.

I mean, come on.
    He basically said "Oh, man, stop that shit. You ain´t that special. I used to have my ass kicked everyday back in the USA".

He´s like a (much)wilder Yamato Takeru, from Eyeshield 21.

The "It´s perfect if I can´t win" line was also sweet.

Loving this stuff. Really.

These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Kuroko uses his skill to make some blocks (not sure of the right term) during offensive plays. Each time, the defender will not see him and will bump into him causing a defensive foul. Hmmm, not very spectacular, the game will be stopped quite often

question for who knows the answer: What did the mangaka do before this serialization?
    Last edited by Meromorphe; March 22, 2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meromorphe View Post
    question for who knows the answer: What did the mangaka do before this serialization?
    Pretty much nothing. Fujimaki has had an unusual career start actually, his first one-shot "GEKISHIN!! Kotetsu" made it to the last round of the Jump contest thing for new works in March 2006, and his second one-shot, which was Kuroko, won said contest and earned him a Rookie of the Year prize in November 2006. He went on to be assistant of Ejiri Tatsuma on P2, the Kuroko one-shot was published in the Akamaru Jump of spring 2007, then now it's serialized in WSJ. Quite a fast career start, all things considered.

As for random facts, his hobbies are mahjong and golf, his favorite mangas are Slam Dunk (duh), Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and 3x3 Eyes, he's 26 years old and from Tokyo.

Art by 双瀬 聖

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    Pretty much nothing. Fujimaki has had an unusual career start actually, his first one-shot "GEKISHIN!! Kotetsu" made it to the last round of the Jump contest thing for new works in March 2006, and his second one-shot, which was Kuroko, won said contest and earned him a Rookie of the Year prize in November 2006. He went on to be assistant of Ejiri Tatsuma on P2, the Kuroko one-shot was published in the Akamaru Jump of spring 2007, then now it's serialized in WSJ. Quite a fast career start, all things considered.

As for random facts, his hobbies are mahjong and golf, his favorite mangas are Slam Dunk (duh), Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and 3x3 Eyes, he's 26 years old and from Tokyo.
    Thanks for the info. May I ask you what the title of his first manga means?

He has already beaten the guys from Bakuman (actually maybe not since we don't know how many one-shots were refused before he can enter a competition). I wonder if it is always the case that there is a so long period between the one-shot and the serialization (also between its win and the publication in Akamaru Jump). The process of publication seemed faster in Bakuman (actually I don't pay attention too much to this point, so I may be wrong).

I'm not surprised not to learn that basketball is not his favorite sport (Golf is also good ), it may become his favorite one when Kuroko finishes after 31 volumes and more than 300 chapters (I predict a lot of work for Xophien )

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. May I ask you what the title of his first manga means?
    "Earthquake!! Kotetsu" Kotetsu is a name, which shows he likes to name his works after the main character, I guess >.>

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if it is always the case that there is a so long period between the one-shot and the serialization
    There should be. The thing is, he was a complete rookie when he submitted the one-shots, and you can't turn a complete rookie into a mangaka immediately, because if there's one thing a mangaka drawing a weekly manga needs, it's a team of assistants. That's why you'll just NEVER see someone working on a weekly manga go from rookie to mangaka immediately, he has to learn how exactly you use assistants, learn the whole process of making a weekly release from a mangaka and editors, the stupid amount of work it is, etc. In order to cover all this, I don't think one year is too much^^;

Quote Quote:
    I'm not surprised not to learn that basketball is not his favorite sport (Golf is also good ), it may become his favorite one when Kuroko finishes
    Actually he never said golf was his favorite sport, he only said it was his hobby and strong point (not so strong, though, since he said in the ToC comment last week that he got crushed by his grandfather, 50 years older, at it). Basketball could be his favorite sport still without him playing it

Quote Quote:
    after 31 volumes and more than 300 chapters (I predict a lot of work for Xophien )
    I'll just pray you're right

Art by 双瀬 聖

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Kuroko uses his skill to make some blocks (not sure of the right term) during offensive plays. Each time, the defenser will not see him and will bump into him causing a defensive foul. Hmmm, not very spectacular, the game will be stopped quite often
    Hahaha. Sounds nice.
    Sakuragi was able to pull that off in a hilarious fashion in Slam Dunk(he even made it out to be an offensive foul ).

Guess it could work out in a scene or two, but the last chapter has showed us that misdirection can´t be used for the whole game.

This guy has got quite a wonderful taste. RESPECT.

I'll just pray you're right
    Won´t we all?

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Xophien.
    I wonder why the editors released two sports mangas at the (nearly) same time. Perhaps it's just to prepare the after-ES21, but it could be a kind of buzz to make people talk about the two series and compare them and then create dedicated fans. Personally, I only read Meister to compare with Kuroko how the plot is developped. If one of the series disappears before twenty chapters, the second may suffer the loss. After this threshold it will be OK, because it will be the cruise speed.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; February 04, 2009 at 02:08 PM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ladies and gentlemen, Kuroko has just ranked among the Top5 of Shonen Jump. Next week, it´ll have color pages.

I know it´s too soon to be happy, but still...can´t stop myself.

What a wonderful week.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Muddy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know!! It's a glorious two weeks for Kuroko. I seem to be one of the few people in the ToC-watching community who really likes it, so while everyone else is bemused I get to celebrate. Score.

I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter.

And thanks a lot for all that info, Xophien!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it. I just happen to think Meister deserves to be in the bottom too, which is completely against everyone in the TOC thread.

Like I said in the TOC thread, I think this manga has what it takes to interest the public. Meister kind of just jumped in there and threw way too much at us.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I wonder why the editors released two sports mangas at the (nearly) same time. Perhaps it's just to prepare the after-ES21, but it could be a kind of buzz to make people talk about the two series and compare them and then create dedicated fans. Personally, I only read Meister to compare with Kuroko how the plot is developped. If one of the series disappears before twenty chapters, the second may suffer the loss. After this threshold it will be OK, because it will be the cruise speed.
    Well, there's always been around three sports mangas at the same time in any Jump era. It was just then that only ES21 was left, and it was about to end, so it's not surprising they're trying to fill the void. Especially considering some of their best sales, like Captain Tsubasa and especially Slam Dunk, are sports manga, it's not surprising.

As for Kuroko being so high in the next ToC... Can't say I'm surprised. Fujimaki has got some surprisingly good writing sense for a rookie, imo. Chapters are not only well-drawn, they're perfectly paced, and there's a great balance between humor, story and action (which Meister, with its overload of text, is lacking in my opinion >.>). I hope this one will stick around for a few years~

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I know!! It's a glorious two weeks for Kuroko. I seem to be one of the few people in the ToC-watching community who really likes it, so while everyone else is bemused I get to celebrate. Score.
    That doesn´t surprise me.
    No offense to the Toc-watching community but, as a lurker of the Weekly Jump Readers´Journal, I can say I see a lot of elitism in there.
    "Sports" is my favorite genre for quite some time now, and it unfortunately doesn´t get the praise it deserves(well, it´s quite true that, right now, Jump sports manga are nowhere near the awesomeness of shit like Major, Cross Game and Ahiru no Sora, but still...).

I really hope Kuroko does well. It has charm, the drawings are awesome, and the main duo is just...christ.
    Too cool for words.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job.
    When the flow is now for Seirin, the mangaka manages to have a climax end in favor of Seirin again. He did not need to change the flow of the match to have this kind of end. Now, I wonder if the flow will change again before the end of the game. I presume no since it is an amical match and the beginning of the manga, he has to keep good things for other matches in my opinion.

(Note. I still remember the painful experience of the match in Dogashi, "What?!! The match is still not finished?? How long will it take to test the rookies?" I was asking myself every week)
    Last edited by Meromorphe; February 05, 2009 at 03:12 PM.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tensai_Sakuragi View Post
    That doesn´t surprise me.
    No offense to the Toc-watching community but, as a lurker of the Weekly Jump Readers´Journal, I can say I see a lot of elitism in there.
    "Sports" is my favorite genre for quite some time now, and it unfortunately doesn´t get the praise it deserves(well, it´s quite true that, right now, Jump sports manga are nowhere near the awesomeness of shit like Major, Cross Game and Ahiru no Sora, but still...).

I really hope Kuroko does well. It has charm, the drawings are awesome, and the main duo is just...christ.
    Too cool for words.
    i fail to see what's wrong with elitism (i'm flipthepage over there), it's fun and provoke vicious discussion against fanboys. admittedly my opinion on kuroko is in flux at present, so i'm relatively undecided on it now... it's still no meister, btu we don't live in a world where meister won't die very soon, so i don't have my small pleasure. this will do nicely though, for it's better than the other newbie

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member macros's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

oh boys... this manga is awesome... every chapter is going better, i really like it.

It's gonna be legen... wait for it... dary!

And CP next week, i can't wait...

New Reply
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast