Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

i should be disturbed that you makign a how i met your mother reference enthused me about this series completely for a second.... ah i'm like a puppy just waiting for the shiny objects to enthrall me

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Something that bothers me in this chapter. It is said that Kuroko is the weakest except for passes, but in the previous chapter I understood that he was good for moving without the ball to become unguarded and available for his teammates. Maybe it is a shortcut to underline Kuroko's weak point and I hope the mangaka will try to exploit all the possibilities in the basketball.

I have found odd from the start that Kuroko is physically so weak. When the story progresses against better players, it would be hard to believe they can win. What would be awesome is to see Kuroko physically progress, gain 7 to 10 centimeters for the year and change his playstyle towards a more spectacular one. He could change his position and become a [shining?] point guard (I don't think he is currently the point guard, since it's hard to be unnoticed when being in this position).
    In ES21, Sena has become taller than Suzuna, but does not become Shin, so it would be quite new to see such a change in a character.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; March 22, 2009 at 02:53 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i disagree. the whole gimmick here is how unremarkable kuroko is. i think rather than have him improve they just need new ways to exploit his abilities, maybe even find new methods.

the only thing that really needs to change is the stupid cross eyed art this series has. once that's solved it will enter a new world of groovy i'm sure

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Muddy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tensai_Sakuragi View Post
    That doesn´t surprise me.
    No offense to the Toc-watching community but, as a lurker of the Weekly Jump Readers´Journal, I can say I see a lot of elitism in there.
    Haha, I see what you mean. I'm d_grayman over there (the founder & nowadays generally unneeded moderator) and I'm really happy with what it's become, though. Once you get past the fact that many participants in the discussions there state their opinion as if it were holy indisputable fact, it's great! Most of us are joking-elitists ala Noodles anyway. Maybe Randal isn't, but yeah, most of us are.

I really hope Kuroko does well. It has charm, the drawings are awesome, and the main duo is just...christ.
    Too cool for words.
    Agreed on every count!

Chapter 7 was - of course - awesome. I love when Kuroko delivers that line about his and Kagami's being weak individually but together being able to take Kise down. So badass.

With regard to some of the above discussion, I'm surprised that there's so much questioning of the mangaka and his plans so early in this manga's career (though granted, it's seemingly on the part of only one poster). Fujimaki seems to be the kind of writer who knows exactly what he wants to do and has pleeeenty of tricks up his sleeves. I don't see any reason to lose faith in him yet; none at all.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meromorphe View Post
    I presume no since it is an amical match and the beginning of the manga, he has to keep good things for other matches in my opinion.

(Note. I still remember the painful experience of the match in Dogashi, "What?!! The match is still not finished?? How long will it take to test the rookies?" I was asking myself every week)
    Yep, kinda see your point. Can´t drag things at this point. It´s better to go back to some daily-life stuff and school adventures before the game becomes tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles Loves You View Post
    i fail to see what's wrong with elitism (i'm flipthepage over there), it's fun and provoke vicious discussion against fanboys.
    To each his own, I guess, but I prefer a more friendly environment. Not that you guys can´t be friendly(as I´ve seen for myself), but there are some "uncalled for" comments like "This manga sucks", "This arc sucks" and other shit that people don´t bother backing up or explaining just because "Oh, they´re so knowledgeable in Jump manga".

But hey, as I said, no offense meant in that post.

admittedly my opinion on kuroko is in flux at present, so i'm relatively undecided on it now... it's still no meister, btu we don't live in a world where meister won't die very soon, so i don't have my small pleasure. this will do nicely though, for it's better than the other newbie
    Personally I thought Kuroko was better from the start. Raiho is cool and all, but Kuroko is just hilarious(and awesome in quite a unique way).

I have found odd from the start that Kuroko is physically so weak. When the story progresses against better players, it would be hard to believe they can win. What would be awesome is to see Kuroko physically progress, gain 7 to 10 centimeters for the year and change his playstyle towards a more spectacular one. He could change his position and become a [shining?] point guard (I don't think he is currently the point guard, since it's hard to be unnoticed when being in this position).
    Don´t know about that. In the 1st chapter, Riko said that Kuroko was already in the peak of his growth. He problably won´t grow more than 2 centimeters in his high school years.
    Also, the "phantom player" thing is a part of his charm. Heck, it´s a part of the manga´s concept itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuroko
    As he said, he´s not a main character.
    He´s the background puppeteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Haha, I see what you mean. I'm d_grayman over there (the founder & nowadays generally unneeded moderator) and I'm really happy with what it's become, though. Once you get past the fact that many participants in the discussions there state their opinion as if it were holy indisputable fact, it's great!
    Hey, the Journal is fucking great. I visit it at least 2 times a week.
    I think it just suffers from the "small groupe" syndrome from time to time, you know.
    People tend to think their tastes are "sharper" when they´re not part of the majority. Social-cultural programming and all that shit, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Chapter 7 was - of course - awesome. I love when Kuroko delivers that line about his and Kagami's being weak individually but together being able to take Kise down. So badass.
    This concept is fucking cool. Also, it´s pretty realistic when you stop to think about it. That´s basketball, not a samurai fight.

Fuck pride. Teamwork is the way to go.

These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Stop's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

just here to show my support for the manga. it's pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by paradoxe View Post
    Its not a king's court, its a pirate ship damnit

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like chapter 8 is pretty amazing. Side characters get some time to show that they're not just side characters. Though I hope we're still gonna get more additions to the team after they gave the other three stats and what not.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

To each his own, I guess, but I prefer a more friendly environment. Not that you guys can´t be friendly(as I´ve seen for myself), but there are some "uncalled for" comments like "This manga sucks", "This arc sucks" and other shit that people don´t bother backing up or explaining just because "Oh, they´re so knowledgeable in Jump manga".

But hey, as I said, no offense meant in that post.

Personally I thought Kuroko was better from the start. Raiho is cool and all, but Kuroko is just hilarious(and awesome in quite a unique way).
    i like to think that i try to put some info behind my views, but the issue with LJ is that most people make their views known then don't bother repeating them, expecting people to trawl back or know them as common knowledge. come to think of it i do that a fair bit.

and i'm a 'jump scholar' occasionally, i know shit, but my opinions are no more right than narutards when it comes down to it

still damn kuroko chapter 8 was actually pretty good!

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Don´t know about that. In the 1st chapter, Riko said that Kuroko was already in the peak of his growth. He problably won´t grow more than 2 centimeters in his high school years.
    Also, the "phantom player" thing is a part of his charm. Heck, it´s a part of the manga´s concept itself.
    i disagree. the whole gimmick here is how unremarkable kuroko is. i think rather than have him improve they just need new ways to exploit his abilities, maybe even find new methods.
    Yeah, you are right. I see your points. The thing is Kuroko should also be able to defend and play during at least 30 minutes. He was not a starter with the generation of miracles and defense requires some physical abilities, even if it is the mind that is the more important (Defense: 80% mind, 20% physical as my coach said during my youth)

Probably other people have noticed, but it is second time, some spectators are shown from behind (we only see their backs). Could they be the other "miracle" players?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know why this isn't on OneManga yet? I have no idea how to upload the chapters or I would myself.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Muddy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GARusashi View Post
    Anyone know why this isn't on OneManga yet? I have no idea how to upload the chapters or I would myself.
    I was wondering about that too; I don't know how to help either, though.

As everyone has been saying, chapter 8 was great! The Kagami/Kuroko strategy parts in the beginning were great, but my favorite bit of the chapter was the introduction of four supporting characters; I love their descriptions. Given Fujimaki's great characterization so far, all of them are promising, though #4 is my favorite - I was thoroughly amused when he suddenly started speaking his mind to Kagami and got the latter very confused.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GARusashi View Post
    It may be because of the lack of public scanlation of chapter 5 (I have not read a scanlated version yet ). The group that released it may have a no-onemanga policy (I don't know, it's just speculation).

Chapter 8 was awesome. I feel the art was more precise than in the previous one. I laughed at the fact they introduced the other members now. I love the clutch player becoming "vulgar" during pressure time. NBA has always been full of "exuberant" players that show off and scream after they dunk or make a spectacular move. Spectators should go crazy . So, that's a nice a touch. I hope to see more of them.

Next chapter would be money time. Normally, in this situation (regarding the points difference), the team that loses makes fouls, but I hope the mangaka will avoid that for story telling purpose.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member macros's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, i love Hyuuga..

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be because of the lack of public scanlation of chapter 5 (I have not read a scanlated version yet ). The group that released it may have a no-onemanga policy (I don't know, it's just speculation).

Chapter 8 was awesome. I feel the art was more precise than in the previous one. I laughed at the fact they introduced the other members now. I love the clutch player becoming "vulgar" during pressure time. NBA has always been full of "exuberant" players that show off and scream after they dunk or make a spectacular move. Spectators should go crazy . So, that's a nice a touch. I hope to see more of them.

Next chapter would be money time. Normally, in this situation (regarding the points difference), the team that loses makes fouls, but I hope the mangaka will avoid that for story telling purpose.
    chapter 5 was scanned by some people who required you to join their forum first. check out www.mangafox.com for "kuroko no basuke" for all the current chapters. its like the shadier flashier relative of onemanga

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

i like to think that i try to put some info behind my views, but the issue with LJ is that most people make their views known then don't bother repeating them, expecting people to trawl back or know them as common knowledge. come to think of it i do that a fair bit.
    I guess that´s something that happens a lot in small groups.
    You´re a cool brotha, though, Noodles. Respect.

and i'm a 'jump scholar' occasionally, i know shit, but my opinions are no more right than narutards when it comes down to it
    Yeah, I see what you mean. As a sports manga fan, I know a fair deal of series from this genre(heck, I also love playing and watching a lot of sports in real life, mostly bbal), but that doesn´t make my opinion any more valid than a newbie´s.

still damn kuroko chapter 8 was actually pretty good!
    Agreed.

(Defense: 80% mind, 20% physical as my coach said during my youth)
    Your coach is a wise man. Quoted for truth.

Probably other people have noticed, but it is second time, some spectators are shown from behind (we only see their backs). Could they be the other "miracle" players?
    I also noticed that, but hated it. It´s too soon! I mean, the mistery behind the 5 miracles should be one of the manga´s main subplots. And now we´re going to see their faces before the 20 chapters mark?

It´s like Fujimaki is afraid that Jump will axe the series before he gets to introduce them all, so he´s rushing like hell.

----

Now, onto the chapter.
    And what a great chapter that was!

I mean, fuck! Hyuuga has just become one of my favorite characters.
    Dual personality clutch shooter? Pure genious.

The other 2nd years also look cool. The PG really needs more screentime.

These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

New Reply
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast