Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [NEWCOMER] Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Another great chapter.
    If the 5 guys of the generation of miracles were the starters, they play at different posts, so Kagami is not supposed to directly confront every of them. I wonder how the author will handle it, but it seems this manga won't bother with technical details. We don't know which post Kagami or Kuroko are playing. I don't know if it is a good direction for this manga.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meromorphe View Post
    Another great chapter.
    If the 5 guys of the generation of miracles were the starters, they play at different posts, so Kagami is not supposed to directly confront every of them. I wonder how the author will handle it, but it seems this manga won't bother with technical details. We don't know which post Kagami or Kuroko are playing. I don't know if it is a good direction for this manga.
    Maybe it's weird but while reading Kuroko I had the feeling that this manga could only be actually enjoyed by those who don't know much about basketball; as a basketball player and fan since I was a kid, I agree that it lacks a lot of sense in several basketball related things..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another great chapter.
    Lol, I hadn't really thought about that. Maybe the generation of miracles was made up of five centers , when they missed a shot the other teams could not get a rebound. Seriously, now I am wondering how that's going to go.

As for Kuroko and Kagami's posts (I'm assuming that would be what I call positions, if not sorry), Kuroko is most definitely a point guard. I don't see any other position he could be playing given his size and skill set. For some reason, when I think Kuroko, I think of a John Stockton type player. Kagami, however, could be anywhere from small forward to center. I think, he'll end playing power forward though.

I hope we're introduced to the rest of the starting 5 next chapter though. I would like to see how good they are as well.
    Last edited by predsfan; January 06, 2009 at 07:48 PM.
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member macros's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    Maybe it's weird but while reading Kuroko I had the feeling that this manga could only be actually enjoyed by those who don't know much about basketball; as a basketball player and fan since I was a kid, I agree that it lacks a lot of sense in several basketball related things..
    i think that's too soon for that and it's not necessarly a bad thing for now. After all the first player he was introduced as an "all-rounder", i think that we can have one or two tweener that kagami can fight (a C/PF, another one like a PF/SF, kise that i think can be a SG/SF/PF and can be confront with Kagami and Kuroko) and a couple of guards that Kuroko can fight.
    There is a lot of time to focus on basketball things but now it's important that the youngest readers can love this series so it can survives.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not see how this manga will fail.
    It builds up the characters in a classic, but efficient way. I'm looking forward to seeing how strong the other people of the generation of miracles are.
    Fast-paced scenario with entertaining situations during every chapters that are supported by the fun humor of the protagonists.
    No uncessary side plots with a lot of drama. Keep focused on the fun.
    Drawings are good and show the dynamicool moves of Kagami. His explosivity and power are well captured during his dunks and show how cool this guy is. SO, I made up the portemanteau "dynamicool".

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Muddy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read the first four chapters in a row and am utterly blown away. I haven't really read a proper sports manga yet (though ES21 is on my to-read list) and I'm one of those who doesn't actually know anything about basketball, but everything about Kuroko no Basket so far appeals to me greatly. The characters that have been introduced are extremely likable and intriguing, the art is pleasant, the premise and plot so far are absolutely kickass. I find myself uber-excited, all the time. I have no doubts that it's only going to get better from here.

Onward to Meister... football is a sport I actually am relatively knowledgeable about so it'll be interesting to read another seemingly highly-acclaimed so far sports WSJ manga, but about a sport I follow.

I'm excited to see Kuroko's ranking in the ToC next week... the best news so far is that it isn't in the bottom 5! If this had flopped I would've lost all (very few) remaining shreds of hope I had left for Jump readers & decision-makers since Double Arts' cancellation.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alexandrius's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Any news on the Scan? rawr. I wants it.

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay with the translation, I was dead tired today, and just taking care of Meister was enough to shut down my brain >.>; I'll translate it first thing tomorrow, I promise

Art by 双瀬 聖

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alexandrius's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay for that. Chapter seems pretty interesting. The other coach is obviously pissed at the team for not winning by more lawls :3

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

That was an interesting chapter. Through the game the artist wants to make direct confrontations between the characters. What is underlined are the personality, style and force. It is more a battle of egos. It reminds me of ES21 where a few characters stand out in a team.

I have not read Slam Dunk, so I do not how it worked, but it seems to me very difficult to describe a basketball match. When you think about it, it is in the long continuation of succeeding your shoots and making the adversary miss that you can win. On the contrary a mangaka wants just to show the decisive moments. Your team wins because the best player among the opponents makes only a 7/32 in shooting, actually that's not spectacular.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter.

Kagami is getting his ass kicked, as expected.
    It seems like Kise can even copy moves he blocked himself.
    Nice drawings on the fade-aways(and Kuroko´s passing is as great as ever).

I have not read Slam Dunk, so I do not how it worked, but it seems to me very difficult to describe a basketball match. When you think about it, it is in the long continuation of succeeding your shoots and making the adversary miss that you can win. On the contrary a mangaka wants just to show the decisive moments. Your team wins because the best player among the opponents makes only a 7/32 in shooting, actually that's not spectacular.
    Slam Dunk is very different from Kuroko no Basket.
    The matches are MUCH more detailed and dynamic. Of course, it´s unfair to compare both at this point(Kuroko has only 5 chapters released, for crying out loud ), but while Fujimaki likes to focus only on the "most awesome plays made by the main players", Inoue showed us EVERYTHING. Heck, even lay-ups and passes made by nameless characters(and hey, unlike Fujimaki, he NAMED all his characters, even the weak/average players Heck, hardcore Slam Dunk fans can name almost ALL the players from ALL the teams showed in the series, and that´s not by looking in some databook - it´s all in the manga itself.)

Well, as I said, Kuroko is just beggining. Too soon to judge.

These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tensai_Sakuragi View Post
    Kagami is getting his ass kicked, as expected.
    It seems like Kise can even copy moves he blocked himself.
    Actually, I think that Kagami and Kuroko will win this match. Not so important because it is an amical match, but to make Kise involve along them it will be better to make him lose. Now, he is the weakest of the 5 miracles, he could become the second best or something like that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Muddy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent chapter, 'nuff said.

I love the cliffhanger endings in this series, and this one certainly delivers on that front - I am very interested to hear what both Kise and Kuroko's weak points are.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think that Kagami and Kuroko will win this match. Not so important because it is an amical match, but to make Kise involve along them it will be better to make him lose. Now, he is the weakest of the 5 miracles, he could become the second best or something like that.
    I dunno...it seems too soon.
    I mean, Fujimaki makes such a big deal out of the "Generation of Miracles", it would be just bizarre to make one of them lose in less than 10 chapters of serialization.
    Last edited by Tensai_Sakuragi; January 22, 2009 at 08:59 PM.

These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter.
    The Mangaka finds a good pace for the first match. One or two chapters more would be enough for the first game, which is just amical.

Kind of coincidence, but it makes some echo with the ES21 chapter from this week. You have fun when you struggle against powerful opponents. The thing about Kagami getting bored after he came back from America popped up once again. That was just in the first chapter, but it disappeared quickly, since Kagami was easy to fire up. I wonder if it's an important plot element to be explored (or perhaps the America connection with a transfer student or a visiting team).

New Reply
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast