Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    ^ wasnt the reason for the teikou arc the explanation about that? havent you noticed the atmosphere when they met up before the winter cup and around the rakuzan vs shutoku match? the atmosphere around akashi isnt normal. if that wasnt enough, noticed how midorima refused to give his scissors (lucky item) to murasakibara yet willingly gave it to akashi? how kise wasnt joking around and just generally their reactions? and the way akashi boldly refers to them by their given names? none of the gom seem too happy about him
    oh man so excited for next chapter~
    I thought those actions were out of respect ? Haizaki refers to them by their given name to (so does Aomine to Kuroko.) After all, in the fanbook it was stated that Muraski and Midorima are very close to Akashi.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's respect.
    I like to use Kise, he''s the perfect example.
    Kise is outgoing and his mood is always great.

He approaches and talks to Midorima, Kuroko and Aomine when he sees each of them. The same hasn't happened with Akashi and Murasakibara so far.
    When Kaijo and Seirin started to warm up in the interval of Rakuzan-Shutoku match, Kise went to talk to Midorima and smiled, but when he looked at Akashi, he wasn't smiling anymore.>> http://www.mangahere.com/manga/kurok...16/c178/7.html

The first thought is that Kise dislikes Akashi, but he also mentions that the one he least get along with is Midorima in the Character Bible book.
    So, if he doesn't like Akashi more than Midorima, how to justify those acts? Hate? Fear?

And i still find it fishy the story about Aomine being injured before facing Rakuzan in the Inter-High. I wonder if Satsuki fears Akashi and insisted that Aomine couldn't play because of that.
    Edit: Actually, she really looks afraid of facing Akashi: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/kurok...9/c080/11.html
    Last edited by Asclepius; April 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Kise hasn't even made any sort of contact with Akashi at that moment. He also wasn't out going and friendly when he faced Aomine or Haizaki. It's hard to tell if it's fear (unlikely though) or hatred. It's more like acknowledging his capability.

Aomine was indeed injured because of his match against Kise. I don't think it's specifically Akashi, it's that he can't play no matter who the opponent is. Aomine was fully willing to take on Akashi despite knowing his own injury.

Akashi is intimidating for some reason, but I don't think any of the GoM fear him (except Kuroku.)

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Kise hasn't even made any sort of contact with Akashi at that moment. He also wasn't out going and friendly when he faced Aomine or Haizaki. It's hard to tell if it's fear (unlikely though) or hatred. It's more like acknowledging his capability.
    That's exactly the point, they were in the same place, but he didn't go to him. Got it? He won't go out of his way to talk to him.

He was friendly towards Aomine. He acted like he does with others, saying he will win with that high spirits of him.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pika318's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The extras of volume 22 have the GOM + Haizaki's family backgrounds.
    Akashi - Dad only (I guessed correctly!)
    Kise - Dad, Mum, 2 older sisters (I only thought he had one older sister, so 75% right?)
    Murasakibara - Dad, Mum, 3 older brothers, 1 older sister (erhm, I thought he was an only child, but he has so many older siblings, I'm amazed)
    Momoi - Dad, Mum (I guessed right)
    Aomine - Dad, Mum (I guessed right)
    Midorima - Dad, Mum, Younger sister (I guessed this right too)
    Kuroko - Dad, Mum, Grandma (I was completely wrong about this one. My theory was that his single mother abandoned him and he was adopted by his aunt, who is also Akashi's mother, who divorced. My sister is on a heartbreak right now because she firmly believes that Kuroko doesn't act like someone from a normal family)
    Haizaki - Mum, older brother (I didn't think about Haizaki, sorry)

6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, image. Kasamatsu in the first page of Chapter 191.
    Volume version had a background added.
    Spoiler show

+
    V22 NG
    Spoiler show

thanks to iliata and marina_poteto

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

I wonder if the 20 points quota of Teiko was set before or after Akashi became captain.
    Requiring a score of 100 point every game is crazy. Especially if it's only about baskets.
    It makes more sense to me if the "20 points quota" involves baskets+rebounds+pass before basket.

Well, there was no mention of it so far, so maybe it was Akashi who started it.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Added a pic of the NG panels at the top.
    Last edited by Asclepius; May 01, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member redcorpse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    I wonder if the 20 points quota of Teiko was set before or after Akashi became captain.
    Requiring a score of 100 point every game is crazy. Especially if it's only about baskets.
    It makes more sense to me if the "20 points quota" involves baskets+rebounds+pass before basket.

Well, there was no mention of it so far, so maybe it was Akashi who started it.
    there was a post about that floating around (forgot where it was), but it was probably nijimura. the poster said something like that the tone/way he talked was rude or something -> not how akashi speaks (he speaks politely? idk)

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    there was a post about that floating around (forgot where it was), but it was probably nijimura. the poster said something like that the tone/way he talked was rude or something -> not how akashi speaks (he speaks politely? idk)
    I know.
    I quoted that post here. I found it interesting and possible in that moment.

The anime dubbed that part as Akashi. And the story is pointing in the direction of Akashi.
    If Nijimura doesn't show up next chapter, it means that he quit the team before Kise got his position as a starter. That will set Akashi as the person talking to Kise.
    But if Nijimura keep training and playing, i believe he will keep the number 4 shirt, making it possible that it was him talking to Kise.

---------- Post added May 04, 2013 at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was May 02, 2013 at 12:24 PM ----------

WOW!!! Big poster to announce Volume 22
    Spoiler show

thanks to animemangadaisuki @tumblr
    Last edited by Asclepius; May 02, 2013 at 10:29 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

momoi and riko omake

source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/qmanews/archives/52036449.html

Spoiler show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

In the middle of all the yaoi fan-art of KnB tag at Tumblr, something interesting called my attention.
    The user jcminwell translated the initial reaction to KnB from 2ch posters, back when it started the serialisation.

Afew predictions caught my eyes.
    Quote Quote:
    89 名前:名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい 投稿日:2008/12/08(月) 09:39:47 ID:r8XV5pwIORes:5▽

Here I predict the five geniuses

PG… Can run 100m in 10s.

SG… 99% success rate of shots from the 3P line.

SF… The ace that can do anything.

PF… Can jump so high that he has hit his face on the backboard before.

C… Height is 211cm.
    Fujimaki said that Midorima was kinda unique, cause a 100% shooter was not seem before. Well, one fan almost got the same idea.

Quote Quote:
    414 名前:名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい 投稿日:2008/12/08(月) 23:34:42 ID:ToG3dSYN0Res:1▽

I don’t know much about basketball, but I predict that the former teammates will be:

First guy: Energetic Idiot

Second guy: Gentleman

Third guy: Rebellious delinquent

Fourth guy: Holds a grudge against the MC

Fifth guy: A genius among geniuses, final boss
    He got Kise and Akashi right. I don't think i can ever predict such thing. I haven't read many mangas to know the basic stereotypes.

The rest of the text is interesting. Some have the same reaction as me about the art (i didn't like it in the begining).
    I can't compare to any other basketball manga cause i never read one before.

---------- Post added May 08, 2013 at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was May 05, 2013 at 07:54 PM ----------

Credits:
    Source: 2ch
    Verification: confirmed

Japanese script - chapter 212
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Chapter 212 - chinese scanlation: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2315599574

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pika318's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read chapter 214 in chinese

Spoiler show

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pika318 View Post
    Just read chapter 214 in chinese

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

at this point im pretty sure the rakuzan coach and the dude above the teikou coach have something to do with akashi (maybe his father's subordinates www it would suck though because that would mean akashi has basically zero freedom)

other than that, it must be painful and a little sad for kuroko to see the others' change not only in skills but also personality

damn fujimaki, stop beating around the bush and tell us about akashi already

Spoiler show
    Last edited by redcorpse; May 08, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't post that first summary before cause it smelled like fake, then i saw the japanese script and i was sure.

Butterfly-nostalgia will only post the translation later today (tomorrow for her). But she posted a little summary.
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

And another short summary from majikise
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Seriously, i'm loving this chapter so far.
    I can't help fangirling.

---------- Post added May 09, 2013 at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was May 08, 2013 at 12:36 PM ----------

Butterfly-nostalgia attacks again with her translations!!!
    Spoiler show

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

FANART TIME!!!

Oh god, the comic above is so damn hilarious .

I particularly like this one since Alex and Himuro's coach doesn't get enough love. I'm still crossing my fingers Alex will join the cast permanently as Seirin's coach.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

New Reply
Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast