Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Trouble with Strangely-numbered chapters + Special chapter uploads

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rebmastu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Trouble with Strangely-numbered chapters + Special chapter uploads

How do we upload chapters which have no chronological numbering system? For instance, D.N.Angel splits major story arcs into parts, and chronologically numbers each chapter within those separate parts. (Namely Stage 1 vol 1, 2, 3, etc.; stage 2 vol 1, 2, 3, etc; and stage 3 vol 1, 2, 3, etc; Essentially part 1 chapter 1, chapter 2, chapter 3; part 2 chapter 1, etc.) How should I name these chapter with the releases?

I'm having a somewhat related issue with omakes, as well. How can I name those if, as above, I can't specify the chapter number to place its continuity? That, and there are a BILLION D.N.Angel omake chapters that have come before this, but I'd have absolutely no idea how to go about counting them all up, plus I run the risk of confusing the readers... Uh, not like they aren't confused already. It IS a pretty whacked-up numbering system. I wouldn't have as much of a problem if I could just name it. (This one, for instance, is simply titled "Argentine Special.")

Thanks for any help/advice. ^^

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kirimi's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trouble with Strangely-numbered chapters + Special chapter uploads

Hi there! We've been refining the chapter numbering problem. Take a look at this thread and give us your suggestions. It'll help if you could give some examples of how you think the numbering could be done for D.N.Angel in this instance.

Perhaps the only thing you can do is to label them by their magazine issue, if you want to keep continuity.

New Reply