Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bokke-san by Yoshiyuki Nishi (Muhyo)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [NEWCOMER] Bokke-san by Yoshiyuki Nishi (Muhyo)

Im still gna release my version because iv spent tooo much time on it to just give up plus i think its better =p (ofcourse i would i slaved over its my baby lol) when its released please leave a comment even if youve read the other version on how i could do better cos it will be my first release neways back on topic Iv never read nishi's other manga so its totally new to me an i like it tho i like the typical super power protaganist the its done now just shows that there will be other gods in the series that he will have to take on because him going against normal Bokke would be over kill

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. Chapter 1 took ages... I don't know why I got competitive and kept checking if someone had posted their scan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty interesting so far. I think it could benefit from a more cohesive narrative, but it has potential if it gets a chance to go anywhere.

Now that I've said that watch it get cancelled in 10 chapters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sexy Randal 105's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 2 makes it apparent that Nishi knows the direction of Bokke-san's story. It seems like the start won't be a formulaic "Monster of the week" setup like Muhyo started off with. The new villain looks really cool. He looks unlike anything that was in Muhyo. I think the whole Bokke concept will combine japanese mythology with new age battle manga. I really think Nishi will do well with this series.
    Click here to read my story, "Shadow Hawk."

Currently reading: Claymore, Psyren, Nurarihyon no Mago, Toriko, Bakuman, Beezlebub, Akaboshi.

Listen to my podcast here.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lingwe's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, first it was taking a long time for the first chapter to be scanlated and now there are three seperate versions.

I really like Hino, I don't think I've come across any other main character like him. Plus with Nishi's drawing style he looks really cute. I'll be interested to see where the story goes.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 2 was kinda lacking, didn't feel like it had any of the interest or spark that the first chapter did.... which is a shame, but still it has a chance to pick up again, especially with the end of the chapter

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway the god of cat + the district mistery (some bokke territory) is what I call a decent (to good) start

@randal: nice prediction, you made. I agree this isn't the formulaic start as muhyo had. On the contrary we get to know an important element very fast. The new age battle and the japanese folklore is a possibility.

I do not agree with you calling the guy a villain. Did he really have bad intentions? He attacked as soon as hino was being referred as a bokke. It ends with him saying you can't control it. So my guess: the bokke hino had to face was a controlled (by those strange old looking freaks) bokke for bad intentions, on the other hand it seems there are bokke who can control themself and are free willed.

My guess: I think the dude attacked hino and sayu because he thought they were some dangerous bokke couple (one being the bokke, the other being its master)
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Third chapter was by far my favorite so far, I'm really liking the direction things are going here.

Hoping the ice guy becomes a main character on some level.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

A good chapter: we got to know why hino was considered a zero instead of a hero though he saved sayu. The mangaka decided to give us more background information that fast which is something you rarely see (most times you have to wait longer)...

So it seems the bokke nature can be controlled. That rockstar bokke - whose name I forgot - seems to be a good guy. I wonder what's the deal behind that strange town (town of bokke). So far I like this, I look forward which the manga will progress

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Matsubora (Matsuroba?) town looks like a really interesting place! I'm loving how old fashioned the hillside town looks, especially the cramped buildings. The Bokke town also looked pretty cool.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't actually like that new guy too much; but I'm really excited about the boy getting to know so soon about "his existence" and that world where the bokke gather, this is getting really interesting.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

im not gonna lie... bokke sans kinda bland and uninteresting to me still, though its a hard call so early on... but the high energy of the other two newbies just ape it in every way to me...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pirate-hitman:L's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This and Meister are tied for my favorite newcomers. I'm still reading Muhyo and Roji(I just got volume 8) so I can compare them side by side.

Spoiler show

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hayashida's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah im with ya on that noodles
    the whole bokke folklore stuff is interesting, but the way its all coming about its just....yeah, bland

i hope it picks up but at this point meisters the only newcomer that keeps me itching to read

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you guys feel like - saying it's all bland. But don't forget or at least, you could have expected it, that all the bokke history is the big mistery of this manga. Imo the mangaka - in contrast to you - gave me a good feeling:

all this bokke thing happened suddenly: the murders, hino changing into a nekokami, the bokke town, etc... That's the purpose of this manga -> you get to know things but then again you'll get sucked in more suspense. I think the mangaka is doing fairly good by giving us the elements for what CAN be a solid story. I didn't read the other 2 so it's obvious this one is my best newcomer

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast