Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Is Ilena dead?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely.

25 54.35%
  • No, she can't be.

8 17.39%
  • Who knows?

13 28.26%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Ilena dead?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sportgal1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Ilena dead?

Since no one knows if she's dead, i thought i'd see what you guys think. I hope she's still alive and will join the ghosts, but it's probably very unlikely.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Ilena dead?

I voted "definitely", but only because "probably" wasn't an available option. The main reason for the debate is the lack of a body. Rafaela would have needed a pretty good reason to not kill Illena and go against the organization. I don't think she had one. Of course, Rubel might have said something to her off camera but no evidence so I won't go there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that would be more ridiculous than Ilena's return would be the magical resurrection of Theresa. Raphaela was working for the organization in order to gain information on her sister. Given her overwhelming determination to acquire the latter, Ilena's life would be insignificant. The consequences of betraying the organization at that time were not something she was willing to face. Besides, she'd probably end up being completely useless.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted who knows, cause I really hope that she is alive, but it would be weird for Yagi to allow her to live cause he had already revived her once and other characters as well so he can't use that too many times..

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

it's too bad. i don't really see any way that she could've survived with two arms. She seemed to know that Raphaela was coming. She sent Clare off pretty quickly. She's pretty wily, but i don't know...kaliayev is right about her (raphaela.) doing anything for info on her sister. hopefully we'll at least find out what happened to her. there's probably no body because no one went looking yet.

O, and i wondered how they knew that it was ilena's yoki. i think they said they sensed her yoki. Raphaela was alive, but she only met teresa. so unless the org can sense yoki, there should've been no reason to suspect anything.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sportgal1 View Post
    O, and i wondered how they knew that it was ilena's yoki. i think they said they sensed her yoki. Raphaela was alive, but she only met teresa. so unless the org can sense yoki, there should've been no reason to suspect anything.
    The organization seems to have a tradition of checking up on corpses. If Ilena's body wasn't among those that were left behind by Priscilla, they would have to assume she went into hiding. Add to this their eye and the fact that they were already monitoring the partially awakened claymores, and Ilena's little burst of energy gives them reason to act. Besides, Galatea noted that she had "lured" the organization's forces there in order to help her deal with the awakened being. Obviously, they had a decent surveillance network.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god! I accidentally voted for 'No, she can't be"!!! I wanted to vote for "Definitely"... I must have misread the question and thought it asked "Is Ilena alive?" (Although I prefer the 'Irene' version of her name, btw)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The other thing that i just thought of is that Yagi tends to kill all his characters first-hand. Even if Ilena died, she probably talked about some random important thing with Raphaela before her death. There was no reason for Raphaela to talk to Ilena at all. Also, how did Ilena know Raphaela's approx. rank. There was no reason for Clare to tell her.

The only reason Yagi wouldn't have had some sort of fight seen is so he could flashback on it later. Jeanne still gets the occasional mention, Ilena should too. There are lots of death scenes, there is no reason not to show this one. I wouldn't be surprised if the new eye comes across something in the rafaela/luciela's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomori Aoshi View Post
    Oh my god! I accidentally voted for 'No, she can't be"!!! I wanted to vote for "Definitely"... I must have misread the question and thought it asked "Is Ilena alive?" (Although I prefer the 'Irene' version of her name, btw)
    I wonder if a mod could change your vote, but i have no clue who the claymore mod is. personally, i like ilena but that's just preference.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ramen4ever's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Her chances are slim to none. At best.

I recall Clare having a hand twitch or something when the incident went down. If Ilena isn't dead, the hand twitch would have been caused by what? Coincidence?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jack4s's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

i like irene and i would like to see her alive, but thats very unlikely.
    it will probably be something as Sportgal1 said.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ramen4ever View Post
    Her chances are slim to none. At best.

I recall Clare having a hand twitch or something when the incident went down. If Ilena isn't dead, the hand twitch would have been caused by what? Coincidence?
    I can dream though, can't i yagi seems to like reviving people

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe she turned into a demon... (Though I think the name 'zombie' fits it much more)

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a very good chance of her being alive. Because as you have said she will do anything for info on her sister. While Ilena doesn't peg me as the type to beg for her life it is very possible that she made a deal with Rafaela that she gave her info for her life. Also, Rafaela has everything against the Org. they took the chance of a normal life from her, caused her sister to awaken, blamed it on her and punished her for it, abandoned her, took her back and lowered her rank, and in the end caused her to kill her sister and commit suicide. I hardly think she would kill Ilena out of sheer loyalty to the Org. And I believe Ilena had info on Luciela because she is definetly not the type to remain ignorant, if she had been she wouldn't have lives as long as she has. I also think there is a good chance of her having atleast 1 limb, because if the info had proven satisfactory Rafaela may have been grateful enough to help her regenerate atleast 1 limb, as I believe is well within her power as she is as powerful as a rank 1.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i wish i could believe that but... there's no reason for ilena to have had info on luciela. most about the experiment was hushed up. galatea snooped a lot, and she didn't even know what happened to raphaela. i don't know, but raphaela just seems sort of amibiguous towards the org. no hate, no love.

i think along that lines though, is the only thing that could've saved her. raphaela's killed many times, so she'd have no problem doing it again. ilena can't manipulate yoki, so she would've had to shock raphaela to get her to listen. just with what is the question...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sheerly from a literary/plot/story stand point, irene making a 2nd "return from the dead" is plain stupid, silly, and ridiculous.

her "return from the dead" to save Clare from Ophelia, was quite a brilliant surprise and literary tactic to both "power up" clare and to cheer up clare since she's been demoralized from blaiming herself for Teresa's death and to connect the three (irene, clare, and teresa) of them. doing so again for a 2nd time with Irene "returning from the dead" just would be lame.

Rafaela's not the type to let irene live as well. she was the Organization's (or Rubel's) assassin, after all.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast