Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shin Angyo Onshi

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Angyo Onshi

Quote Originally Posted by henrypinto11 View Post
    The characters are great, the main character is by far one of the most compelling ones I've ever red in a manwa or manga. I already read 6 chapter of it and I like the theme of it. Flashbacks are usually interesting. I like its comedy very very much.
    Its one of the best series I have read. Great storyline, awesome characters, decent humor, and to top it all the ending was marvelous. I like the flashbacks, most of them. The mini stories in Shin Angyo Onshi were good too.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

shin angyo onshi IMO is what you would call the closest one to being perfect . plot-wise , storytelling-wise , twist-wise , art-wise , character-wise and everything else-wise there is to a manga (manhwa)
    i just couldnt stop reading and finished it in 2 days .eventually it became one of my favs. of all times
    the struggle between the antagonist and the protogonist slightly reminded me of Berserk but not like it takes anything from their originality and uniqueness in their own rights
    BUT i believe the strongest aspect of this manhwa - which impresses people the most - is the brilliant twists placed all around , not just once or twice but constant appearances of unexpected turns of events . its what makes S.A.O so unique and interesting.
    its a must to read without a doubt

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I don't hate that flashback particulary ... I hate all flashbacks .
    You put a flashback in a manga and usually I stop reading if it's too long ... IMO a flashback should be just a support to the story or character development, not becomes the main story for several volumes.
    For the end I never expected an happy ending. The story isn't an optimistic one. It's pretty sad, an happy ending would not fit.
    Without the flashback, Shin Angyo Onshi looses 50% of its interest. Plus this one was really well made since it is intertwined with the current plot line. If one want a brillant use of flashback in a serie, Shin Angyo Onshi is the one.
    Honnestly I don't understand your hate for flashbacks, series which don't use them generally have loosy plots. Maybe you should try reading 7 seeds, the only serie I known where you are reading flashbacks without knowing it

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Without the flashback, Shin Angyo Onshi looses 50% of its interest. Plus this one was really well made since it is intertwined with the current plot line. If one want a brillant use of flashback in a serie, Shin Angyo Onshi is the one.
    Honnestly I don't understand your hate for flashbacks, series which don't use them generally have loosy plots. Maybe you should try reading 7 seeds, the only serie I known where you are reading flashbacks without knowing it
    Did you just spoil the entire story?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

well no since you can tell they are flashback only once you have read them :-)
    Last edited by k-dom; January 11, 2012 at 03:24 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really enjoying this back when the Aji Tae thing was a side plot. But since the introduction of Bang Ja, it's kinda gone to shit. Sando is off with Aji Tae, we're stuck in a continual flashback. It's lame. Had I been reading this on a weekly basis, I'd have dropped it. Luckily I'm trying to get through it all in one go.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    I was really enjoying this back when the Aji Tae thing was a side plot. But since the introduction of Bang Ja, it's kinda gone to shit. Sando is off with Aji Tae, we're stuck in a continual flashback. It's lame. Had I been reading this on a weekly basis, I'd have dropped it. Luckily I'm trying to get through it all in one go.
    The end will redeem everything, trust me.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I will repeat myself this flashback is one of the best except for flashback haters

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2