Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What happens to shinigami/spiritually aware humans when they die?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused What happens to shinigami/spiritually aware humans when they die?

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/149/03/

When he started fighting Kommamura,he said :even if we die we just change a little and then we'll be able to fight again...........WTF is he talking about?seriously guys,WTF???

1)Shinigami after dies become humans...of course not
    2)Becomes hollow or something like that....no
    3)They die and they come back in SS/Rukongai again???if it was like that where are all the previous captain and VC of the past?!if they died they just had to come back and take back their positions,keep training and getting stronger.....
    4)King's realm?Interesting possibility but I don't see it coming...

So WTF is he talking about?what's going on???

Please avoid capslocks in thread titles. ~eni
    Last edited by eni; December 28, 2008 at 03:57 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WHAT IS ZARAKI TALKING ABOUT????

Think it has to do with reincarnation and fate. IMHO I think Zaraki is trying to say: "it doesn't matter if I die or you die because one way or another we're bound to clash again sometime in the future". But that's just my opinion on the matter, you probably shouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this vision like a dreamer,but when u have reincarnation u loose all your memory :-P

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

But if they're fated to fight again they most likely will no matter how many times they're reincarnated. But as I said it doesn't really matter because frankly I think Kubo just wanted Kenpachi to say something cool.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe not,I just checked this thing cause I was thinking as Byakuya's words,when he said that Gin and Tousen are the only two captains afraid to die.....I think that something is missing but I'm not finding the real point.......what is going to happen to a shinigami after he die?
    What does Zaraki know?Is this what both Gin and Tousen fear?something is wrong somewhere there....

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Kubo hasn't made it clear yet but it has been implied on various occasions that when a shinigami dies he dissolves into "spirit particles" (much like how hollows are obliterated if they are killed with something that is not a zanpaktou), however it has also been implied that when a shinigami dies he is simply reincarnated into the world of the living. If I had to guess why Gin and Tousen fear death I would say it is because when a shinigami dies he loses all powers and abilities he previously had.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

But is not a casuality that Gin and Tousen are with Aizen.....and they were powerful enough to don't fear such a death,overalll for Gin.......
    And how can Byakuya say that?is quite hard to state......I don't think they are really afraid to die,overall Gin....for me is that in a certain way they smell of death for their activity in HM....

I'm not sure but,if they dissolve when they die,why Unohana made an autopsy on Aizen/fake body?
    Also Tousen's beloved one when she died she didn't dissolves.....the only one we have seen dissolved where the spirits that couldn't handle a vizardification(Gaiden arc)
    Last edited by Yans86; December 28, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah death in Bleach is very iffy considering we're talking about post-dead beings most of the time lol

I mean, hollows are supposed to be purified(or sent to hell) when they are cut with a Zanpakuto, yet does the same happen to arrancar?
    Doesn't seem so since Zommari simply dissolved when Byakuya killed him. And yet, Arroniero did not dissolve when Rukia killed him, he merely froze and then stopped moving.

As for Shinigami, it doesn't say what happens when they die, but it seems that it is possible since we've seen many cases of shinigami dying: Tousen's girlfriend, Byakuya's wife & parents, and Kaien. What happens to them though? Well from the way others act around the "deaths", it seems that they aren't coming back so reincarnation isn't likely an option. IMO, when a soul dies, it will eventually turn into spirit particles and return eventually to the real world to being anew.

I don't remember where, but I believe Rukia gives an explanation of how SS and souls work because I remember souls weren't created from nothing...

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

DUDE! It's a friggin manga! Since when did common sense apply in manga-land? It doesn't really matter, I said so in the beginning didn't I? Sometimes the mangaka adds a whole lot of BS and shit practically no one cares about to the manga to make it seem more interesting and intellectual when it actually isn't. Let's take BS-physics (chackra-physics, spirit-physics etc.) for instance, they don't make sense, they're full of BS and the author could've simply brushed it off as something inexplicable and mysterious which would've not only sounded cooler but it would have made a whole lot more sense.

Don't get me wrong now I like Bleach and Naruto and many other. BUT they're merely works of fiction and should be read as such.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Zaraki talking about?

lol obviously real world logic doesn't apply to a manga, but there is certainly a level of logical sense that makes the mangaka's world turn round. Sure, he/she could decide tomorrow that everything changes, but for the sake of proper writing and consistency, the mangaka has established rules which his/her world follows otherwise it would be total chaos.

Why do you think the Naruto series has a freakin' explanation on nearly half the jutsus used or why did the old chapters have a lesson on chakra and such? It's because the mangaka is establishing rules in his world.

In the same way, we use those rules provided to us to extrapolate everything else. Why do I not believe people in Bleach can use the same things as the people in Star Wars? Well common sense says that the rules Kubo has presented to us tell us it isn't possible.

Should we read this much into a manga? Well it's your opinion as to whether or not you should as a reader. Some people actually don't take anything they're thrown with and make due. Some people actually question what comes their way. Sure it's a fictional universe and anythign goes, but critical thinking doesn't turn off for some people lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well nothing is said about what happens after a shinigami's death, but we can suppose it's the same to what happens with hollows. Their soul is born again in rukongai without any power and any memories: this would fit what Kenpachi said very well.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we certain they are reborn in Rukonai though? The noble families seem to be born in Seireitei no?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Drakend: But how in the world would Zaraki know about the reborn cycle then if no memory is kept?

Guys maybe were looking into this to deeply. I mean this is Zaraki it's not like everything he says is supposed to have this deep and hidden meaning. So much as it is supposed to be spur of the moment.

It likely just means that Zaraki believes that even if he dies he'll still want to fight in some sort of psuedo-afterlife/reincarnation. This doesn't mean that their is one necesarrily but Zaraki believes that he'll always want to fight and will always fight people including the captains. It doesn't make what he said a fact or even near a fact.

Half a dozen explanations could be made on the whole afterlife topic and all pretty much have the same amount of proof. Zero.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; December 29, 2008 at 02:09 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Hah utter insaneness from Zaraki. When you die, other than the fact your body decomposes and suchlike not much "change" happens -_-'

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    Half a dozen explanations could be made on the whole afterlife topic and all pretty much have the same amount of proof. Zero.
    What is not clear to you of "we can suppose bla bla bla"?
    Mine was a speculation of course: you ask how would they know about the life cycle? Well perhaps because it's a rule enstabilished before evreything was created or because someone has never died (let's say Yamamoto) and he saw died people reincarnated or whatever.
    Reasonable speculations may be used to fill the gaps left by the manga.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast