Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Next big plot twist?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Next big plot twist?

What do you think the next big plot twist is going to be? Also, what do you want the next big plot twist to be?

What I expect to see is that Sai is still being troubled with choosing between Root and Naruto/Konoha, and there's a whole arc involving him. Danzou hyped him to be the strongest of his generation, but we've only seen all of two jutsu by the kid- both of which get stomped on at every turn (sometimes literally). I bet he actually has a lot of awesomeness behind him.

What I would like to see is Yamato being a traitor. Bear with me, but dammit all that would be ironic and cool. And a hell of a twist.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next big plot twist?

A big plot twist would be that Danzou was related to Madara somehow.

Also, another big plot twist would be that the elders and Danzou, except Sandaime and Yondaime Hokage, knew that Madara was alive and actually was the person who submitted the plan to annihilate the Uchiha clan from the start. Madara's only request was to provide for a suitable successor for himself.

Another one, Sasuke comes and takes Kakashi's sharingan.

I think the biggest one of them all has to be:
    Spoiler: Biggest Plot Twist of them All! show

(Please read from right to left.)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Another plot twist would be that the Uchiha family were in fact plotting to prevent another plot. They were no village traitors after all, Danzou and it root division were. Itachi got it all wrong and killed his own folk in vain.

To make the plot twist even more twisted, let's add Sasuke's mother was in team Jiraiya with Minato and she was fulfilling her teammate's plan by opposing Danzou with her clan.

Plus, Nidaime didn't give the police job to the Uchiha to keep them away from power, but to watch over the right wing of the Senju which he didn't trust.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    Another plot twist would be that the Uchiha family were in fact plotting to prevent another plot. They were no village traitors after all, Danzou and it root division were. Itachi got it all wrong and killed his own folk in vain.

To make the plot twist even more twisted, let's add Sasuke's mother was in team Jiraiya with Minato and she was fulfilling her teammate's plan by opposing Danzou with her clan.
    WOW. 0.0 that would be great if Mikoto was actually Minato's teammate.It'd be pretty epic that's fer sure.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the kid in the center from Team Jiraiya's picture has dark hair and eyes, the odds are good for an Uchiha. And the hair dressing is kind if girlish so an Uchiha girl could do it. Then how many Uchiha woman around the Minato's age do we know? Only one, Mikoto. Well, the odds are goods, but it's still a long shot.

However, in the teams line up from Shodai to Naruto, all the characters were introduced so far, except Minato's teammates, they will likely become relevant somewhere in the future.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    Since the kid in the center from Team Jiraiya's picture has dark hair and eyes, the odds are good for an Uchiha. And the hair dressing is kind if girlish so an Uchiha girl could do it. Then how many Uchiha woman around the Minato's age do we know? Only one, Mikoto. Well, the odds are goods, but it's still a long shot.

However, in the teams line up from Shodai to Naruto, all the characters were introduced so far, except Minato's teammates, they will likely become relevant somewhere in the future.

Isn't that Chouji's father on Minatos team? I always kinda assumed it was.

I think the next plot twist will definitely center around Konoha families - something we don't know about their origins. I don't think we've ever heard about any of Minato's Family, and we know almost nothing of Kushina.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSeven View Post

I think the next plot twist will definitely center around Konoha families - something we don't know about their origins. I don't think we've ever heard about any of Minato's Family, and we know almost nothing of Kushina.
    Interesting, Chouji's dad. Never would've thought that. Well, didn't it say somewhere that Sasuke's mom was a jounin ranked ninja? Databook?

The little we know about Kushina seems to be having a tomboyish behavior.

That would be a great plot twist lol. There could've been some romance between Minato and Mikoto but stuff happened where they couldn't be together. Wait ... that's ... ah forget about it. I won't even continue.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahah good stuff so far. I really hope that Minato's team becomes relevent at some point. It'd also (once again, again, again) connect Naruto to Sasuke and vice versa, so I definitely wouldn't put it past Kishi to do so.

Romance between them is cute, but doubtful XP

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The chubby boy doesn't have Chouza's cheek marks or eyebrows, so I wouldn't bet too much on this one.

Quote Quote:
    Well, didn't it say somewhere that Sasuke's mom was a jounin ranked ninja? Databook?
    She was, it's in the second databook.
    As for Kushina, she has no title and isn't even marked as a Konoha kunoichi in the third one. As if she was never properly transfered to Konoha's files.

As for romance, it will more likely be a double unrequited love, like Naruto -> Sakura -> Sasuke or Obito -> Rin -> Kakashi.
    Last edited by Gingitsune; December 31, 2008 at 03:29 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hot_chips's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

A good twist would be that Tsunade dies saving everyone but Danzou becomes Hokage. Naruto leaves the village but the rest remain under Danzou's control.
    Danzou then starts declaring wars (possibly against the Sand) and Naruto returns to Konoha and decides to stage a coup with Shikamaru etc..

They overthrow Danzou but are ridiculed by heavy casualties.

Naruto becomes Hokage - Yay.

Edit: Considering Pain is defeated already by Naruto.
    Last edited by hot_chips; December 31, 2008 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Plot

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I got it- next big plot devices came to me today:

They all will revolve around Kakashi fireside chat with his dad during his death. To start with, we will find out that his father did not commit suicide. He was killed by Danzou, for something. It may even have been a discovery along the lines of proof Danzou had initiated many of the conflicts Konoha was involved in, in order to weaken the 3rds position.

This will start a trek through a lot of unanswred back story, and give us a little perspective on exactly how deep Danzou goes as a villain.

We do have some hints: most notably the fact that 'root' employs the same sadistic to-the-death-training that was employed in the hidden mist .. where the person claiming to be Madara was mizukage ...

Kakashi will be revived and we will experience his conversations with his dad through flashbacks, would be my guess.

Along these lines, I'm thinking that may very well be Choji's dad in Minatos group. The fact that Kishi left out the hair and tattoos leads me to believe the fact that Choji's dad was in that group is supposed to be important later. They look even younger than first ep Naruto in that pic, and it would be easy to explain away no tats or hair. It wouldn't be easy to keep people from asking 1,000 questions about Chojis dad before you thought you were at the point in the story to answer those questions.

1. Can;t think of any other fat little kids. In all of Konoha, I haven't remembered seeing any aside from Chojis family.

2. We just saw Chojis dad talk about the fact that he had teamed with Kakashi a lot in the past. They never said the parents of the ino, shiku, choji team were teammates from childhood.

3. Kakashi basically lost his team in the Gaiden we saw. We don;t know what happened to Rin, but he wasn't there to protect her. Now, if he didn't have a team, what team would he fit in on better for jounin missions than the vacant spot on his masters old team once he became hokage?

4. I don't think it is coincidence that Kishi paired Kakashi with Choji's dad for his near-death sequence. Kishi doesn't really do coincidence a whole lot. He hides clues in everything.

Speaking of clues: I know people hate the Madara is Obito theory. So I'm not gonna head in that direction. But .. you can bet, especially if I'm right about some of the stuff Kakashi learns from his dad ... that all the little clues he has made tie into all this somehow.

Madaras mask hiding the eye that would be missing, Tobi being basically a rearrangement of Obito, the fact that the MS abilities of the eye Kakashi got from Obito has primarily space/time attributes ... like Madaras. Somehow there is a connection.

Of course, on an interesting note, Danzou also has the opposite eye from Madara covered .....

At this point, I am leaning toward Danzou being the ultimate enemy, starting with him being the real orchestrator of the Kyuubi attack .. even if he wasn't controlling the beast.

PS - I don't believe a word of Madaras story about the Uchiha family. I believe that Itachi might have been slowly duped, then suckered into believing it after awhile. I can believe he was manipulated into helping with the murders, the same way Sasuke is being twisted now ...

But I think the fact that Madara said the 3rd was in on it, despite protest, should be a big red flag to us from Kishi. The third was "too soft" according to many. He stood for the entire leaf. The 3rd would not have gone along with ordering the slaughter of the Uchiha clan at the hands of Itachi and anyone that helped ... even in protest.

Has "Root" written all over it - certainly Danzou at the very least.

Maybe the Uchiha suspected the truth behind the Kyuubi attack. Quite possibly Danzou and "Madara" felt they were a legitimate threat to any plan they had to control Konoha. There are an inifinite number of reasons that fit that massacre better than a coup does.
    Last edited by TeamSeven; December 31, 2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    1. Can;t think of any other fat little kids. In all of Konoha, I haven't remembered seeing any aside from Chojis family.
    There are other Akimichi guys beside Chouza.

Quote Quote:
    2. We just saw Chojis dad talk about the fact that he had teamed with Kakashi a lot in the past. They never said the parents of the ino, shiku, choji team were teammates from childhood.
    They could have been on the same regular team, but it could be like Naruto and Shikamaru, they team together a lot, but aren't officially together.

Quote Quote:
    3. Kakashi basically lost his team in the Gaiden we saw. We don;t know what happened to Rin, but he wasn't there to protect her. Now, if he didn't have a team, what team would he fit in on better for jounin missions than the vacant spot on his masters old team once he became hokage?
    Since Rin was still alive after Obito's death, it would have been more likely to complete team Minato with another member (say, Gai) than broke it apart and relocate both Kakashi and Rin in other teams. Beside, Kakashi said that he couldn't protect Rin, not that he wasn't there to protect her. As for team Jiraiya, obviously, if Minato had a team on his own for years to take care of, his vacancy was already filled.

Quote Quote:
    4. I don't think it is coincidence that Kishi paired Kakashi with Choji's dad for his near-death sequence. Kishi doesn't really do coincidence a whole lot. He hides clues in everything.
    I would say, he just need to fill the next databook, and the Akimichi's jutsu were the handier to take Shuradou out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishi doesn't strike me as that random a writer. I've known a few writers who definitely spent a decent percentage of time writing to fill space, with little secondary character importance.

Kishi doesn't strike me as that type at all. In the realm of what basically amounts to childrens literature .. he is almost as meticulous in having a reason for including detail as Rowling.

It is about deconstructing the plot devices, characters, and dialogue.

Chouz's internal dialogue served almost no purpose in the fight. We could have easily already assumed they knew each other. He could have filled it with thoughts on strategy, or with Chouji's thoughts facing a battle of this magnitude alongside his dad.

Instead he used it to make a specific point that could be taken as innocuous at the time; that Kakashi and Chouza had teamed up, more than a few times in the past. We could know this because he doesn't say "that time I teamed up with .." or " the few times we teamed up" .

But the real reason we know it was a more regular thing is because Chouza is intimately familiar with how Kakashis Raikagebunshin (a move he doesn't use all that often) affected his chakra. That signifies more than a passing familiarity to me.

Writers are creatures of habit, and introducing new information to the reader as foreshadowing in this way is one of Kishis from everything I've seen.

I assumed Kakashi was not with Rin when she died ... because Kakashi is still alive. I have a tough time picturing him not doing everything, up to and including giving up his own life, to protect her ... considering his pledge

On your point about #4 ... I really hope Kishi isn't that lazy a writer. Nothing I have seen from him would lead me to believe he is.

Artists of MH 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner diesirea~'s Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be a big twist If Danzou somehow died from that explosion. I hope Pain does not lose this battle, he deserves more panels and chapters you know.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diesirea~ View Post
    It would be a big twist If Danzou somehow died from that explosion. I hope Pain does not lose this battle, he deserves more panels and chapters you know.
    RFOL. Yea, waiting quieting down in the water works thinking you're all nice and safe and suddenly ... there is a violent shaking. The ceiling comes crashing downward, the lights dies, screams could be heard and Danzou looking absolutely foolish. I just hope Sai isn't down there with Danzou. Sai really deserve better.

Another plot twist could be that all other Pain loses and Animal Pain is the only one standing. Just when Naruto launches as attack that would've destroyed Animal Pain, Animal Pain summon another Pain to the battlefield that stopped the attack. It turns out to be an outfitted Jiraiya-pain. This Pain could utilize rasengan and senjutsu so that even all the toads present are utter shocked! (Of course, Pain would garnish so much hatred and disdain. Go heart of blades!) Naruto loses, get nabbed by Jiraiya-Pain and Animal Pain they escape right in the eyes of all of Konoha.

Sasuke will be called back by Madara to finish his job. Sasuke also learns that Pain has completely demolished Konoha so Sasuke doesn't have to do anything about it anymore. Pain arrives back with Naruto. Pain and Konan gives Madara flak about Sasuke and that Pain is invincible. Sasuke gets sent out again to try and nab Killerbee and Hachibi.

Sasuke meets up with Killerbee and propose a plan to save Naruto. Sasuke even drops his guard to affirm that this time Sasuke has come in peace. Killerbee sends Sasuke flying for 10 feet and tells Hawk not to take him and his homeboy Hachibee lightly. Sasuke gets up and again makes the proposition. Killerbee sends Sasuke flying again but says he'll listen to the plan.

Next thing ya know, Hawk brings Killerbee in and the goods are checked to see if it's the real thing this time. Every checks out fine. Ceremony gets commenced but Killerbee snaps and pulls a Hachibi and a cero giant chakra blast. In the confusion, Hawk and Killerbee hightail it out of the Akatsuki hideout with Naruto as their prize. Akatsuki is pissed and Madara marks Sasuke for extermination. Akatsuki goes after the Jinchuurikis and Hawk.

Killerbee takes Hawk and Naruto to Sabu-sensei and the Enka ninjas. Killerbee remarks how Naruto is dressed up like one of his former rival. So Killerbee starts talking about Minato but ends up ranting about the hotness of Kushina instead. Killerbee and Naruto becomes good friend and in their exchange of friendship, Killerbee teaches Naruto about bijuu control and Naruto shows off his perverted ninjutsu to Killerbee. Killerbee exclaims that Naruto is a genius. (Hawk does a facepalm.)

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast