Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What anime yaoi pairings do you like?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime yaoi pairings do you like?

Oh yes, Reborn had so many, always Gokudera Tsuna, Tsuna Hibari, Tsuna Enma, and lots more everyone so shippable.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember GokuYama (5980), XanSq (XS) and DinoHiba (D18) were popular too. It's funny how all the characters' names could be "translated" into numbers so it made shipping that much more convenient.

---------- Post added October 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was October 06, 2013 at 08:17 PM ----------

Lately I've been really growing fond of SmoLaw to the point where I also ship LawSmo and made an icon:

I blame it on this fan artist who, what do you know, also ships EruRi- my other otp.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh a new anime season and tons new otps for me. Only part I dislike is for most anime it means theres barely any fanart for them.

This season I guess these are pairings so far:

-Akihito/Hiromi (Beyond the Boundary - their scene when Hiromi is obsessed with putting his hands around Akihito)
    -Sei/Reiji (Gundam Build Fighters - the op song is so friendly and highfiving and handholding, and their such good partners and perfect)
    -EruHaru (Valvrave, favorite mecha ship, their like ham and eggs, and the sugar to their coffee and etc, really hot (L elf, Haruto))
    -Kuroko/Akashi (Kurobas, havent met but look good in fanarts), and still Aomine Kise
    -Rook Kaito (Phi Brain) is canon.
    -Goto/Masayoshi (Samurai Flamenco) I think their also perfect partners, Masayoshi feels so comfortable around him, and I think they have some shared interests, also seems like Masayoshi may start to rub off on him, its kind of really sweet and touching (and masayoshi is my husbando)

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    -Goto/Masayoshi (Samurai Flamenco) I think their also perfect partners, Masayoshi feels so comfortable around him, and I think they have some shared interests, also seems like Masayoshi may start to rub off on him, its kind of really sweet and touching (and masayoshi is my husbando)
    I have yet to watch the second episode, but I agree with this so much! Even though they're quite different personality-wise, they're actually pretty similar since they both share a sense of justice. (Like what they explained with the curry analogy.)

They only met for a day (or perhaps an hour), and Goto is already hanging out at Masayoshi's house. Hmm...?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This season Im liking Miyuki Kazuya and Satoru Furuya from Ace of Diamond. Sports anime always have good pairings. (pixiv)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, I have been totally shipping Nice/Art from Hamatora lately. Yes, their names are Nice and Art, respectively. I think they remind me a little of Oga and Furuichi, except without the comedy routine (obviously) and with a ton more canon material to work with.

Basically, Nice (the brunette) has a superpower and is a genius at using it, though he is a drop-out. Art (white haired), his friend from school, has no special ability whatsoever, but ended up having the more stable job. There was a traumatizing incident at school that's hinted to be central in their relationship. Since then they rely on each other and seek each other out, even though they don't even work together. And they ditch their official working partners a lot too.

Also, throughout the show Nice is continuously shown broke and looking for a deal (and actually, more than once Art buys things for him), but when he went on a trip for work he brought back a ton of souvenirs for Art. He didn't buy souvenirs for anyone else but him and threw a fit when he couldn't give it to him.

Despite Hamatora being a bit of a dud storytelling wise, their relationship is quite a gem. You can just tell they have something going on between each other. Or at least the way Nice looks at Art sometimes. (In the picture below, Art is using Nice's headphones. The headphones are really important to Nice and he's never seen without them in the anime. So for Art to wear them casually implies they are that close)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My Hamatora ship is more of an Art and Murasaki and a Birthday and Ratio (favorite one so far) and they are kind of canon with that backstory and how Ratio followed Birthday to the hospital and then afterwards with Falcutas Academy and etc. Their episode was so lovely.

Im hyped for next season and Haikyuu!! so many pairings for me.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5