Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sarry's Chapter 87 review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sarry's Chapter 87 review

Here's a thought. Maybe they drain Yoki. If that's the case it would show how they could be a threat to Isley, and how they feed with their mouths stiched shut.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

It would mean that Isley would have to get very serious in the fight and a major release of his Yoki will alert other people as well....

Remember when in part one Galatea came to sense slightly the fight between him and Luciela very very far away (if I remember correctly). Now there are three, I would call them "major", sides that have strong Yoki...Any strong release could draw others too.

The village is secluded and now almost deserted, demons maybe of lower intellect...If the Org. wanted to kill pretty boy, they would send Alicia and Beth as secret operatives to destroy him. That is just a prediction.

Honestly, as strong as Helen and Deneve are, I don't see them as match to Isley. The power scale has to be balanced, maybe with the arrival of the demons or some new thing/claymore/AO/etc...

btw, very nice review Sarry. I enjoyed reading it but couldn't comment till now.
    Last edited by nat; January 06, 2009 at 08:10 PM.
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

Tricked you

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Here's a thought. Maybe they drain Yoki. If that's the case it would show how they could be a threat to Isley, and how they feed with their mouths stiched shut.
    That can make a lot of sense, actually. We haven't seen any major Yoki drainers so far in the manga, and Energy drainers are a good plot tool.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Isley is releasing these 'ridiculous amounts of youki' to draw these demons near him so that he can kill them, actually in order to protect the humans in the southern villages... (I am assuming the demons have no relation to the organization)

I'm hoping it goes that way, and that in the next chapter his intention will be revealed, leading to confusion and inner conflicts in the two ghosts...!!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, Interesting Idea. But I don't see why Isley would be interested in protecting humans....since he possibly feasts on them occasionally.....
    Unless you mean that he wants to protect his food group, which might make some sense...

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one am not a member of the "Isley is really a nice guy" school of thought. He ordered every living thing down to the insects killed in Pieta after all. And if he is drawing the ZCS into a fight then doing so in a town will get people killed. We know from ES3 that Isley does get concerened though if someone else starts to wipe out towns in his territory. I kinda wonder if the reason why he's so haggered and irritable is because things didn't work out as planned? I doubt he was planning for Raki and Prisscilla to go running off toghether, and I'm sure he wasn't expecting the south to be getting destroyed by the Demons.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to ignore Ockham's razor for the moment and speculate that there is something else going on that complicates things. Sure, Isley can destroy a town. We think the Demons can too. For that matter, Helen and Deneve could if they really wanted to.

I couldn't help noticing that Dietrich mentioned something. She mentioned it in multiple translations so it seems to not be a translation glitch. She said they "came back from that place" earlier than expected.
    One version of that quote is here.

Do you suppose the Demons are being "sent" by someone? Dietrich seems to have some additional info that maybe Helen and Deneve should have stuck around to hear maybe. But we knew that of course.
    Last edited by Wowzers; January 06, 2009 at 11:01 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    I for one am not a member of the "Isley is really a nice guy" school of thought. He ordered every living thing down to the insects killed in Pieta after all. And if he is drawing the ZCS into a fight then doing so in a town will get people killed. We know from ES3 that Isley does get concerened though if someone else starts to wipe out towns in his territory. I kinda wonder if the reason why he's so haggered and irritable is because things didn't work out as planned? I doubt he was planning for Raki and Prisscilla to go running off toghether, and I'm sure he wasn't expecting the south to be getting destroyed by the Demons.
    I think he would protect the people from other dangers, if they were in his territory, but I don't think he would be enthusiastic about it.

I believe Isley did the same thing Miria did, when she split the team in the holy city; Raki was strong enough to kill yomas, and he had Priscilla for back up if anything happened wrong or if any strong awakened appeared.

I also think he wasn't expecting the Demons to start attacking the south.

But what makes me wonder is what is the organization's policy for the Demons, and why don't they release the single digits to combat them?

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    I'm going to ignore Ockham's razor for the moment and speculate that there is something else going on that complicates things. Sure, Isley can destroy a town. We think the Demons can too. For that matter, Helen and Deneve could if they really wanted to.

I couldn't help noticing that Dietrich mentioned something. She mentioned it in multiple translations so it seems to not be a translation glitch. She said they "came back from that place" earlier than expected.
    One version of that quote is here.

Do you suppose the Demons are being "sent" by someone? Dietrich seems to have some additional info that maybe Helen and Deneve should have stuck around to hear maybe. But we knew that of course.
    If they were sent by someone, what is the target then?
    If the target was a village, then it wouldn't be the Org., and probably not the abysmal ones. Perhaps there is a third side that appeared in the timeskip, maybe refugees from the greater war between dragons and the Org.

If the target is Yomas, then it is a wrong weapon to use against an enemy that can hide with humans.

One thought is that the Org. is trying to finish up an effective and ultimate weapon and doesn't the villages anymore, since they might know that there is a spy amongst them.
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; January 07, 2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2