Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gottheim's Databook III Translations

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gottheim's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gottheim's Profile Translations

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    OK. You are right abort that comment, it is translated. But still there are 5 transcribed and translated pictures comments on “page 2” (82-83) and 6 comments on the raw scan… so I believe one is missing (or I have problems with counting to 10 ).
    I’ve once again looked through that page (compare raw to yours transcription) and now I’m peaty sure that the missing comment is the one under the picture of Sassori and Third Kazekage. To avoid any further misunderstandings I’ll put the picture here:
    Spoiler: picture show

Sorry to bother you with such a small thing.
    And BIG THANKS for Yamato’s profile!
    Dang it!
    I completely missed that one! Not to, worry, I'll take care of it and post it along with Kakuzu's entry. Thanks for letting me know.

The missing comment to Sasori's file has been added. The file should be complete, now.

Added Kakuzu's entry to the OP.
    Last edited by Gottheim; February 20, 2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shodan's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gottheim View Post
    The missing comment to Sasori's file has been added. The file should be complete, now.

Added Kakuzu's entry to the OP.
    You win. In everything. Forever.

Kakuzu's profile has been translated. All is right now.
    Last edited by Shodan; February 20, 2009 at 11:52 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shodan's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I lol'd at Izuna's profile. A blind Uchiha going to battle... However, I like how much he cared about his brother. His entire fighting style is focused around his eyes, and he gives them away.

Again, thanks for the translations. Any idea on who you're going to do next (IF you are doing more, that is, since you've already done a lot)?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan
    Again, thanks for the translations. Any idea on who you're going to do next?
    I'm currently working on Kakashi's file. Then, I'll take care of Chiyo (Sasori's grandma). And I'll give Shikamaru's entry another try. The sentences are a bit tricky, so I kinda gave up on it. But Yamato and Kakuzu's biographies weren't easy either, and I still managed. So I think Nara "Da Pimp" Shikamaru deserves another shot.
    Finally, I intend to complete the Hokage set. That's all for now.

ANBU, Karin, Nidaime and Sandaime entries done. Iruka and Izuna's entries have been added as well.
    Now to return to Chiyo and Kakashi's profiles...
    Last edited by Gottheim; February 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man! The anbu translation was great, hopefully it will help clean their name around these forums seeing how a lot of people seem to believe anbus are fodder...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Thanks man! The anbu translation was great, hopefully it will help clean their name around these forums seeing how a lot of people seem to believe anbus are fodder...
    I know, I get that a lot on other forums. The ANBU deserve more respect. Hell, Yamato, Kakashi and Itachi come from their ranks, so they must be doing something right! Just because they get owned by world-class juggernaughts doesn't mean they're completely useless.
    Anyway, Chiyo's entry has joined the mix. I also added an alternate phrasing for a couple of sentences in Tsunade's profile. Someone claimed the current ones are hard to understand, and proposed their own version, so don't be afraid to check it out and let me know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw you used my transcriptions for Izuna and Iruka, are they userfriendly or do you think they could be improved somehow?

And I'm a girl.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    I saw you used my transcriptions for Izuna and Iruka, are they userfriendly or do you think they could be improved somehow?

And I'm a girl.
    User-friendly? Well, people who are likely to make something out of your transcriptions aren't exactly "users", so I wouldn't know about that. But I've had no trouble with them, so as far as I'm concerned, they're ok.

I wanted to release the whole thing as a big package, but I don't translate fast enough to justify withholding the work long enough to post it all at once. So ladies and gents, I give you Tobi and Hidan's translations.

Shikamaru and Kakashi's profiles are rather difficult, and I'm still busy struggling with them. I plan on posting a few more entries, so I'll get through with those first, and these two will probably come last. Sorry.
    Last edited by Gottheim; March 05, 2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

"Thou willeth massacre thy neighbor".

Wouldn't "Thou shalt massacre thy neighbor" be close to James's bible's "Thou shalt not kill"?
    Last edited by Gingitsune; March 05, 2009 at 12:28 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

"Thou willeth massacre thy neighbor".

Wouldn't "Thou shalt kill thy neighbor" be close to James's bible's "Thou shalt not kill"?
    Yeah, probably. Never read Jame's Bible. Never read the Bible in English at all, as a matter of fact. Thanks for the tip.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Never read the Bible in English either, but I watch the Simpsons

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Never read the Bible in English either, but I watch the Simpsons
    LOL LOL LOL!!! Now, here's a cultural reference!
    -The Bible?
    -No. The Simpsons.

Added Akatsuki, Myoubakuzan and the Uchiha clan to the OP. Checked Jiraiya's entry for mistakes and brought in a few stylistic tweaks to improve it.

Finally! Shikamaru's file is done! I've whined at length about how difficult it was given my skill level, so don't expect 100% accuracy. But it's decent, and should be reliable enough on the whole. I also restarted Hinata's file from scratch for a much needed improvement.

Zetsu joins da club! BTW, if anyone knows a more specific term for his "venus fly trap" appendages, please let me know.

Pain fans, rejoice! The word of God has been bestowed upon us... In a language even the Kanji-impaired folk can understand.
    Last edited by Gottheim; March 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 27kw91's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you please translate Tobis Character box? I'd really appreciate that
    Last edited by 27kw91; March 14, 2009 at 04:10 PM.
    A lot of people ask me . . . am I afraid of death . . .
    Hell yeah I'm afraid of death
    I don't want to die yet

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad news about Kakashi. The text is tougher than I expected, so I have no idea when I'll be able to post it, if at all. So if anyone wants to give it a try, they're more than welcome to it. The good news is, Sakura's entry has been added.

@27kw91
    I've seen your version of the Tobi page. It seems you've managed pretty well without me. Just in case, let me dispel a little doubt: what you wrote in his info box is pretty much everything there was in the original text. I'll be looking forward to the rest of your work.

Added chakra nature and shape manipulation. Brought a few minor stylistic changes to the Tobi translation.
    Last edited by Gottheim; March 18, 2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for Sakura and Pain, I must admit I was afraid I'll be left to do them myself and I feel more comfortable with the smaller entries. And your wording is better anyway. ^^;

About Zetsu's "venus fly trap" appendages, the whole thing is called "leaf" and the "spikes" are called "cilia". See more on Wikipedia.

Edit: About Sakura's entry: "The death of a close one (tn: Duh?!), then the parting of ways with the person she loved..." Maybe they meant she lost Chiyo then she couldn't bring back Sasuke so she had to part ways with him (although that's definitely not what comes to the mind first...)

Edit: "I feel sick. Dozens of lines' worth of nice stuff on Sakura! *sob* Translated and written by me! And it's my largest file ever, at that! *sigh* The Sakura-hater in me cries for my blood. Boo-hoo. *contemplates suicide*(jk)"

lol! I'll do Ino and share your pain.
    Last edited by Gingitsune; March 20, 2009 at 12:06 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast