Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 6 Schools, 6 Paths of the Ninja

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lazyboyrod's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 6th elemental Chakra

I dont think the sixth element is the yin yang thing, because yin and yang are two different things, and even if one was to count them as one, they just arnt an element.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hojinmaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

6 Schools, 6 Paths of the Ninja

v2.0 - 2/11/09

The Sage of the Six Paths is fabled to have been able to use all ninjutsu. So what does that imply and what are the six paths. As we have seen recently, each of the pains have had a singular ability. Each one is one of the six paths.

The 6 paths:
    {Yin/Yang} - Nature - Elemental Jutsu
    Yin{yin} - Ultimate Mind - Gen Jutsu
    Yin{yang} - Minds Body - Dark Jutsu
    Yang{yang} - Ultimate Body - Tai Jutsu
    Yang{yin} - Bodies Mind - Light Jutsu
    {YinYang} - Void - Space-Time Jutsu

What's "Bodies Mind" and "Minds Body"?
    Since there is a minor yin in every yang and a minor yang in every yin,
    the Bodies Mind represents the minor yang in the yin; and the Minds Body is the minor yin in the yang.

An example of the difference between Light and Dark to accomplish the same effects on the minor yin and yang:
    • A Light Jutsu controls the mind like in Ino's case. The inhabited bodies persona is pushed aside and the "Bodies Mind" is controlled, or the outbound signals the body is receiving are coming from the altered yin signals, the victims body receiving a yin imbalance from the intrusion.
    • A Dark Jutsu like in the case of Kagemage, the body is halted by an attack on the "Minds Body", by canceling out the input from the brain and controlling the input via yang manipulation creating a yang imbalance in the victim.

Yin Yang As Chakra-
    Yin Yang is the physical manifestation of your minds "Spiritual Energy" and bodies "Physical Energy". Yin being the minds Spiritual Energy, amplifying or diminishing your thoughts, willpower, lifeforce, memories, etc. Yang being the bodies Physical Energy, amplifying or diminishing your strength, stamina, speed, etc. The two compose a whole that is a ninja's basic chakra used for all ninjutsu.

A ninja will always have a dominance between yin or yang, which will effect how their chakra is mixed within their body, and will also have influence later on in how & what they are able to manipulate their chakra into. Chakra either mixes inside the inner coils by spinning clockwise(Right) or counterclockwise(Left). Yin being a CCW rotation, and Yang being a CW rotation.

Two of the most used forms of chakra manipulation are Physical Recomposition, and Spatial Recomposition. Physical Recomposition is used to turn your base chakra into a new form of chakra to be used with a specific jutsu, such as element chakra, light chakra, dark chakra, and divided chakra. Spatial Recomposition is used to set the range and power of the chakra. Rasengan is an example of a jutsu that uses only advanced spactially recomopsed base chakra in the form of a swirling sphere.

Light Chakra - (yin manipulation)
    When creating light chakra, the yin is distributed in such a way that the minor yin is maximized, creating an overall yin balance, while maintaining the whole.

Dark Chakra - (yang manipulation)
    When creating dark chakra, the yang is distributed in such a way that the minor yang is maximized, creating an overall yang balance, while maintaining the whole.

Natural Chakra - (yinyang manipulation)
    When creating element chakra, the yin and yang have equal halves, showing both the major and minor yin and yang while maintaining the greater whole. In this fashion yin and yang are manipulated together simultaneously in a harmonious balance. At this stage, elemental jutsu are at a ninjas disposal. To integrate the yung into the mix and create Natural Chakra, the practitioners spirit must become still in order to sense/feel the yung, or "natural energy", around them. Then, their body must maintain that stillness as it is incorporated into the flow of their chakra. In this way they integrates the minor yung into their major yin allowing them to be one with their surroundings, while their minor yang is incorporated into the major yung allowing the body to control the natural energy around them.

Void Chakra - (yinyang manipulation)
    When creating void chakra, the minor yin & yang are reintegrated with the major yin & yang. This allows for a complete seperation while maintaining a whole. By separating yin & yang completely you are able to manipulate them at the same time but as separate entities, while still keeping the sum of the two combine. This is solely used in Space-Time Jutsu as it is how they are able to manipulate the fabric of space time. While it is one both space AND time need to be manipulated together and sometimes apart.

1. Elemental Jutsu
    2. Gen Jutsu
    3. Dark Jutsu
    4. Tai Jutsu
    5. Light Jutsu
    6. Space-Time Jutsu

1. Elemental Jutsu
    These jutsu are the familiar fireballs, lightning strikes, water dragons. This is acheived by physical and/or spatial recomposition of the ninjas base chakra, transforming it into the desired element. It is my belief that you can only achieve elemental recomposition if the yin and yang are in a balanced state. This means there would be no Dark or Light Elemental Jutsu.

2. Genjutsu
    These are the mind games and mental illusions created to distract or mislead you. Or, with a more skilled practitioner can send your mind into days of pain in seconds. The attack on opponents yin chakra, disrupting it's flow and altering the bodies perceptions and reactions through the use of physically recomposed yin chakra. Usually used by touch or sight, either way the yin chakra is projected into the target. There a disruption in the targets yin chakra disrupts their chakra network and places them under the genjutsu. Dominating this jutsu is the Uchiha clan with their MS, though there are many others proficient in this.

3. Dark Jutsu
    The dark jutsu are the physical manifestations of yang chakra.
    Kagemane is physically recomposed yang chakra to control the shadows and finally disrupt the targets yang chakra, causing the target to come under the users control.
    Kagejose is physical and spatial recomposed yang chakra.
    Kagebunshin is a duel jutsu using a combination of physically and spatially recomposed yang chakra divided and summoned about via the use of space-time, sharing but divided the whole of the chakra and experience.
    Baika is the physical manifestation of yang chakra throughout the users body, enlarging whatever is wished.
    When choji manifested wings of chakra, that was spatially recomposed yang chakra.
    When Shikamaru was able to infuse Asumas chakra blade with his kagemane it was his yang chakra that was transfered and was able to hold the shadow.

4. Taijutsu
    This is plainly the art of fighting for the ninja, grapple, pressure points, killing moves, etc. But the practitioners body can also be enhanced to the peak of performance and then with a push of the right self imposed imbalance of minor yang in their yin, will allow them to open the 8 Gates. This let their bodies exceed their normal limits and achieve their bodies true potential with no physical or mental limitations.

5. Light Jutsu
    These jutsu are based in Yin manipulation, attacking or altering the mind and spiritual energy of the target or user.
    Chakra Scalpel is chakra that has been physically and spatially recomposed light chakra, or yin chakra. The chakra is forced from the fingertips to create blades of all sizes.
    The glowing bubble of "healing" chakra is physical manipulation of the yin chakra from the user being pushed or absorbed into the recipient.
    Mind Transfer Jutsu requires line of sight so that they can project physically recomposed yin chakra into their opponents chakra network, giving them access to the brain. Once in the body they can use more yin manipulation to use genjutsu, or they can manipulate the minor yin and control the bodies mind.

6. Space-Time Jutsu
    These jutsu work by spatially recomposing yin and yang, molding the fabric of space-time. This allows a skilled user to move objects instantly anywhere by manipulating the Yang "Space" to the desire locations, while maintaining the Yin "Time" in a fixed location. Also instantly age, or return to an earlier state of, an object by Temporally Recomposing the Yin "Time" of the object, while maintaining the Yang "Space" of the object. IMO, this is part of how Orochimaru was able to summon the dead hokage back and make them look like they were when they were alive and healthy. Another example is creating a dimensional gateway by Spatially Recomposing the Yang "Space" warping space allowing two locatons to exist in the same location creating a gateway between, while maintaining a fixed Yin "Time" such as in Kakashi's MS. Summoning I consider a duel jutsu like kagebunshin in that with a summon you not only have to move an object vial Yang "Space" manipulation, holding Yin "Time" still, but you also have to physically recompose more dark chakra for the summoned object or you don't get what you want.

basic yinyang model based off of these illustrations

Moderator message by: pat
    fixed the title for a better understanding ^_^
    Last edited by Hojinmaru; February 11, 2009 at 06:07 AM. Reason: v2.0, new graphic which resembles more what Kishi himself has diagramed

3. Thanks 19 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 6 Shools, 6 Paths of the Ninja

nice theory also liked how u used yin/yang to describe each path, is that pic made by u aswell?

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great help. You've sparked the idea that we may be able to compare Deva Pain's stillness in using gravity or rather space/time jutsu with Naruto's standing gather of natural energy. Latter definitely leads to spiritual, corporal and natural synergy.

Pain may use natural energy to use Shinra Tensei but can move when he charges. He superficially charges based on stillness in time versus stillness in space. Naruto stands; Pain waits. Again: this is on the surface; may imply that someone/something lies still and gathers chakra for Deva Pain.

In the trinity of nature/body/spirit I could think nature becomes yin, body/corpus becomes yang, and spirit becomes yung... Exploration of yung is missing from your theory. This may lead your hypothesis, Mind control is a light chakra manipulation, into assigning Ino/Shika/Cho more work to reach harmony.

Mind would have to take 50% of the triad's collaborative work, doesn't balance with Baika and Kage Mane no jutsu taking 25% a piece. Could be like a Sage turning frog instead of master because his unison forces are inharmonious. Analogy understandably shot across supposedly diverging matters. But that's the point.

You might part Mind from Baika and Kage Mane so restrictively they fall out of sync in reappointment with each other. Baika and Kage Mane should somewhat hold 33% of the trinity each to found a sensible, believable and attractive balance. This is much a matter of ideal congruous beauty. Mind could also be examined as yung, with yang and yin only canonically discussed in the manga.

Yamato's warning against discussing just Yin and Yang transformation probably stalled a deep dive into a pretty complicated matter. Maybe more than Kishi would expect us to speculate.
    Last edited by ornis; January 18, 2009 at 03:43 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

nice post, good explanation.

but you forgot to mention nara's shadow technique. it's the best example for dark jutsu. if you correct some grammatical mistakes here and there, it will be very good.

in your picture where you explains light chakra manipulation, the technique's name is chakra scalpel not scalpal.

ps: what is shool?
    Last edited by Belisar; January 18, 2009 at 11:07 AM.

"The man who is at the peak of his success, and the man who has just failed are in exactly the same position. Each must decide what he will do next."

Jigoro Kano

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He might mean school; and Kagemane/Kage Mane is mentioned in Dark Chakra Manipulations which is the Nara Clan's Shadow technique.
    Last edited by ornis; January 18, 2009 at 02:12 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 6 Schools, 6 Paths of the Ninja

@gfire2

Thanks, the picture is mine as well as my elemental chart in the elemental fusion=kekkei genkai thread.

@Belisar
    Thanks I'll try to fix as many of the errors as I can. LOL "Shools" how'd I mess that one up

@ornis
    Thanks, glad you like most of it. I have not yet worked exactly how natural chakra works in with this, but I don't think my balance is off, if anything I believe that natural chakra is just a thrid element mixed into the pot and balanced accordingly. I don't believe that there needs to be a redistribution of yin and yang in the technique, especially with regard to Light and Dark manipulation. If anything, natural chakra just provides you with more power, extended range and more insight into your surroundings. But I could be wrong too, still need to really look into it more and hopefully Kishi will give us another breakdown of the nature of chakra.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice model! ^^

My, you're certainly on a roll lol

It is certainly a logical and well explained explanation & separation of the shinobi arts.

Although I must admit, I am still somewhat puzzled as to your explanation of Yin & Yang lol I understand they are alignments of some sort and from your chart, seems they affect the outcome of certain jutsus, but what exactly are they you think? Are they chakra manipulations? Types of chakra themselves? Are they something else entirely?

Also, it'd be nice if you could relate this to Pain somehow as he also calls himself "Rikkudou" yet his 6 paths do not coincide with yours(at least not in name). Perhaps if you could link each of their powers to one of your categories it'd make it a more complete model

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Made some updates to the descriptions to try and clarify some things. Hope I'm being clearer, if not let me know.

As for how all this relates to Pain…hmmm

Pein the puppet gallery:
    God Realm - Space/Time - Megablast by gravity or something force.
    Human Realm - Light Jutsu - Ripping a soul from a body (possibly yang in the chakra network, retaining it's shape while spacially holding it and ripping it from the body of the target.
    Hell Realm - Genjutsu - Grabbing hold of his targets and then they are able to see the demon and be effected by it.
    Demon Realm - Dark Jutsu - Puppet, manipulation of object via yin manipulation.
    Animal Realm - Space/Time - A substitute for Elemental user**
    Hungry Ghost Realm - Taijutsu, the ability to absorb chakra is only so that he can demonstrate his taijutsu skills.

Konan - Sub to fill Elemental User partially, also babysitter of bodies incase of loss of contact. Former member of Nagato's squad.
    Nagato - True rinningan user, possibly injured or hiding, true spot holder of the elemental jutsu user of the 6. He can't simply replace the elemental user with just any body, he would need a body that has ALL the affinities to truly represent himself,
    Last edited by Hojinmaru; January 19, 2009 at 12:36 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm interesting indeed. But then, I am somewhat at a loss as to how you can separate, unite or deal with Yin & Yang in your jutsus. For example, you say space/time ninjutsus are the "ultimate separation" of Yin & Yang. So how does one separate Yin & Yang? You say "recompose", but I',m not sure how that works because you have not defined exactly what is Yin & Yang.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Hmm interesting indeed. But then, I am somewhat at a loss as to how you can separate, unite or deal with Yin & Yang in your jutsus. For example, you say space/time ninjutsus are the "ultimate separation" of Yin & Yang. So how does one separate Yin & Yang? You say "recompose", but I',m not sure how that works because you have not defined exactly what is Yin & Yang.
    So I've updated the theory again, adding better descriptions of light and dark chakra as well as balanced vs. divided chakra. Hope that helps to illustrate what I'm trying to say.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

OOo now I see it better thanks

That is certainly a very interesting model and I like it! I'd make sense if Yin & Yang were referred to as the separate types of energies(mind & body) which form regular chakra

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive. This is almost written well enough for me to believe it could have real-world applications in training. Granted, much of what Narutoverse is derived from involves esoteric martial arts paths already in existence, but he has yet to actually categorize the entirety of the concept onto paper.

I agree with the idea of simplifying Chakra types in to two forms- "Elemental Chakra" I think is just another way to say that a person's yin/yan balance is of a certain temperment that reflects effects found in nature (and may be how nature energy conjures natural phenomenon).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Proxy's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Extremely well done. It does make it easier to understand........ in a way

I have a question though: How does gravity fit with Space/Time ninjutsu? Unless you are going with Einstein's General Theory of Relativity which means Space/Time ninjutsu somehow controls the fabric itself instead of both saparate entities. Since the fabric of space and time controls gravity I could assume it has something do to with this.

Nodoka-sama!! <3<3<3<3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Proxy

Yes I was.

Although, I've been thinking about it and was prepairing to update soon, but, Perhaps Ultimate Balance and Ultimate Separation should simply be stated as "Nature" and "Space-Time". Your base or basic chakra is your "natural" chakra type/affinity. When you use it to manipulate, it's "nature" you are manipulating. You have the same case with Space-Time jutsu, you are using your chakra to manipulate the fabric of space-time.

There is an interesting alternative though for gravity. Perhaps Gravity is an Elemental Fusion that he is able to use, and that Deva Pein really is the Natural Chakra user in the 6. Magnetism has been shown to be a KG, why not Gravity?

Hate bumping but I did an update and would like some feedback, debate, flames, etc.
    Last edited by Hojinmaru; February 11, 2009 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast