Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fated Punishment (how will the other Homunculus die?)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fated Punishment (how will the other Homunculus die?)

I noticed this short trend a while ago first when Lust died, and then when Greed died. It would indeed be a fantastic easter egg : )

I could see the new Gluttony eating something that disagrees with the counterfeit Gate inside of him- and why not be in the form of some icky monster resembling a rat or snake or whatever?

Envy
    Spoiler show

Ugh. Spoiler tags are useless. Nobody doesn't click on them (double negative high-five!). If they're in this forum (especially a thread like this), and they aren't caught up on the manga... it's just not intelligent. No offense, but they come out once a month. Catch up already.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thiagojoe's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasskatana View Post
    The evidence is pretty convincing. (except for gluttony, who I feel doesn't count since he's going to be remade exactly the same) the Homunculus have all met their ends as represented by their punishments in hell. Pretty cool, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    I could see the new Gluttony eating something that disagrees with the counterfeit Gate inside of him- and why not be in the form of some icky monster resembling a rat or snake or whatever?

Envy
    Spoiler show
    i don't think we'll see gluttony reborn, since the manga story is getting near its end. i agree badluckartist's ponit his death was already his punishment (in some way)...
    Spoiler show
    Chemical Engineer|Polymer Chemistry Master|Amateur Poet

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member freaky2's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thread. So far it seems plausible, but in the end it depends on Arakawa. But you say FMA is a really symbolist manga when there are many who are more obvious about it (D.Gray-man for example), so Arakawa could change the rest and say that Lust and Greed's deaths were coincidentally equal to those in the Bible xD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thiagojoe View Post
    i don't think we'll see gluttony reborn, since the manga story is getting near its end. i agree badluckartist's ponit his death was already his punishment (in some way)...
    Spoiler show
    Normally, I would completely agree with you. The thing that bothers me so much is that the only two homunculi who have officially died were Greed and Lust, and their deaths were damn near precisely what the bible says... I dunno, I mean, it seems to me that Father intentionally broke down Gluttony (although he did eat Envy, who turned out to be a pretty damn disgusting meal), and the way that Envy looks like some kind of gross parasite thing makes me think he's going to steal a body and escape, only to die later his death of fate. Just a hunch ^^

This thread really makes me think about how Father himself is going to die...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasskatana View Post
    Pride - broken on the wheel
    Envy - put in freezing water
    Wrath - dismembered alive
    Sloth - thrown in snake pits
    Greed - put in cauldrons of boiling oil
    Gluttony - forced to eat rats, toads, and snakes
    Lust - smothered in fire and brimstone
    This has been discussion for quite some time (since greed AND lust "died") so my predictions:

Pride - could become metaphorical in the sense of karma (what goes around comes around) or other wheel-like religious metaphors. My prediction is Pride will be defeated but not killed and simply vanish as 'Father' is defeated. That or Hawkeye/Roy will kill him (karma).

Envy - in a way, defeated in the snow. However he is still very much alive so there is the possibility of the same sort of death. Since the setting is winter, freezing water should be very easy to come by but this would seem to assume that he wont get big again. Also the possibility that the freezing water will be used on Envy (olivia armstrong and co battle?) and he won't be as resistant as Sloth.

Wrath - Since he is human, dismembering will most likely kill him instantly from blood loss...but it is a manga...Dismembering implies power or blades so, if this is followed, we can rule out an epic Roy vs Wrath battle. Possibly a Ling or Elric battle. Wrath would have to be a fight near the end also, if he loses a lot of the homunculus plans will go to ruin.

Sloth - if he is invulnerable to physical means, poison could be the metaphor here. Unlike others Sloth has not made an enemy, however I can see this as a Xing contingent win (eastern battle would have more ties to poison) but could also be a Olivia and co battle.

Greed - in a way "dead" since he was once returned through this means and, when revived, taken over by Ling and thus "no more"

Gluttony - I could almost translate this as "not gonna die". For someone who eats anything he can get his hands onto, eating plain food might be the equivalent of torture (locked up or turned good guy). In the case he does die, I can see an internal explosion of all he's eaten and a metaphorical relation to what he ate being beneath him (people, ruins of the past, etc)

Lust - dead'ed already. THANKS ROY FOR GETTING RID OF 1/3 THE HOT FEMALE PART OF FMA SO EARLY! D=

I'm gonna through Kimbley and Hohenheim into this list for their philosopher stone acquisition as a possibility for dying in one of the above formats also. Kimbley may be the new "lust" "greed" or another homunculus that dies soon. (he'd make a good pride...) Hohenheim would be a good alternate Wrath (against all thats happened to him).

EDIT: Forgot the 'Father'. I can't think of a biblical reference for him other than eternal imprisonment which seems a bit silly. I imagine his death will be Shonen-arific (see super-awesome-hero-magic-using-combined-forces-of-all-that-is-good ATTACK!)

I'm really tempted to review FMA again now....how strange...
    Last edited by bittman; May 06, 2008 at 11:22 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RizaHawkeye's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Full Metal Alchemist 'Death' predicitions for the Homunculi

About Envy's death....I am not sure it will come by Mustang's hand....

Sin Punishment in Hell
    1) Pride- broken on the wheel
    2) Envy- put in freezing water
    3) Wrath- dismembered alive
    4) Sloth- thrown in snake pits
    5) Greed- put in cauldrons of boiling oil
    6) Gluttony- forced to eat rats, toads, and snakes
    7) Lust- smothered in fire and brimstone

Lust was burned by Mustang, Greed burned in oil, Gluttony 'eaten' and 'forced to eat rats, toads, and snakes' (Kimblee) as Pride.

In order to fall into the 'freezing water' death, I think the chimera with the spit will play a role, as well as Mei Chang for her knowledege of Xingnese alchemy, which we know so little about. Maybe Mustang has other tricks up his sleeves, but who knows...?
    Credit for characters and art in signature goes to Hiromu Arakawa. I take credit in coloring the characters and creating the banners.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chapter 93 Discussion/94 Predictions

this is interesting to think about. if they do die like that, then some of those ways of dieing wouldn't be literal (how's anyone going to be able to find a snake big enough to eat Sloth?)

the "broken on the wheel" thing for Pride is making me think of a transmutation circle. maybe Pride is going to be destroyed when Father tries to activate his circle around amnestris?

i'm not sure if we are going to see Envy and Mustang in the next chapter. i've usually found that whenever something really climatic happens in a manga it cuts to another storyline for a while. i'm hoping to see Hohenheim and Father.
    Last edited by eni; March 25, 2009 at 02:03 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe that will happen. I will be pissed off as hell if it does.

Remember the Lust incident? The previous chapter had ended with Mustang getting stabbed, and although it started with Wrath coming in,the next chapter had Lust being murdered. Thus, I think it will happen.
    Credit for characters and art in signature goes to Hiromu Arakawa. I take credit in coloring the characters and creating the banners.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To some extent pride is also gluttony now though, so he could also be eaten later on. On the other hand he could still died grinded by some sort of heavy machinery, which would fit.
    Guess mustang would give envy some sort of an ironic death considering he can only freeze. Maybe he will run into a pipe with liquid nitrogen lol.
    Sloth could be thrown into a pit full of massive chimeras. Anyways, snakes dont hav to be literal.
    Wrath was already in an explosion which would dismember him but I doubt that would be anywhere near enough. Anyways, dismemebering is to vague so this one could go in any number of ways.
    Last edited by eni; March 25, 2009 at 02:03 AM.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'Death' predicitions for the Homunculi

This topic is very interesting for future chapters as well, so I've moved the related posts in a thread of it's own.

@RizaHawkeye
    I'm very uncreative with thread titles in the early morning but as the threadstarter you should be able to edit it, if you want ^^;

merged with older existing thread of the same topic. I kept glasskatana's original thread title, if that's ok. ~igotthegoods

Quote Originally Posted by emi
    the "broken on the wheel" thing for Pride is making me think of a transmutation circle. maybe Pride is going to be destroyed when Father tries to activate his circle around amnestris?
    Oh, nice guess. It makes sense to use an transmutation circle as a symbolic wheel for Pride. Since he's the first and strongest Homunculi, he's pretty much doomed to die as the last one anyways.
    Last edited by igotthegoods; March 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes Re: 'Death' predicitions for the Homunculi

Quote Originally Posted by RizaHawkeye View Post
    Sin Punishment in Hell
    1) Pride- broken on the wheel
    2) Envy- put in freezing water
    3) Wrath- dismembered alive
    4) Sloth- thrown in snake pits
    5) Greed- put in cauldrons of boiling oil
    6) Gluttony- forced to eat rats, toads, and snakes
    7) Lust- smothered in fire and brimstone
    For Pride : I was thinking that he'll die just by killing and attacking in the dark. I really dont understand the wheel here. could mean transmutation circle.

For Envy : As far as i remember, we dont have any water alchemist. although Ed can through somewater and transmute it to ice like he did for the spit of the chimera and then stuck his back to Al.

For Wrath : still thinking who will be faster than wrath.

For Sloth and Gluttony- I think they might be fed to rat like chimeras. Need huge imagination here.

For greed and Lust- we have already seen for those.

So i assume we might see different end to their lives other than what Riza has posted. IMO

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adbanginwar View Post

So i assume we might see different end to their lives other than what Riza has posted. IMO

Its very possible. I just saw the pattern and this expert posted from a book and made the connection. We never know what Arakawa will do....

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RizaHawkeye View Post
    Its very possible. I just saw the pattern and this expert posted from a book and made the connection. We never know what Arakawa will do....
    of course...we wont... but we can speculate. you had speculated the death of homumclus very good but still we dont have who and how will they be death. maybe we'll have new alchemists involved or the current alchemist using different powers because someone will have philosopher's stone... or ed's dad giving him some xingesse alchemy lecture where he can evolve his techniques...who knows what will happen...
    but we speculate anyway...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sloth: killed by Alex L. Armstong, the least menacing guy in military (despite his buff), in the sake for protecting his big sister. This is can be implied as "Sloth" being removed by "Will", since this guy has turned, from passive non-suppoter for decadence into active supporter who aims to reform the decadence.

Gluttony: "Eaten" by Pride, which is ironic; His power and trait is "Gluttony", yet he destroyed by another "gluttony".

Envy: Destroyed by humans he despised much, not once, but twice. ALso, it worth mentioned that he pretty much creating all his problem for himself, Mustang and Marcoh wouldn't hurt him that much if he hadn't been cocky and/or pointlessly killing without remorse. Similar with the vein, that all of Great Sins, envy is the one that the most self-destructing. And his real form implies that he might have been jealous for human.

Lust: Destroyed by Mustang, in the name of protecting his comrades. ALo can be seen as allegory; lust will destroying itself.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBomber View Post
    Sloth: killed by Alex L. Armstong, the least menacing guy in military (despite his buff), in the sake for protecting his big sister. This is can be implied as "Sloth" being removed by "Will", since this guy has turned, from passive non-suppoter for decadence into active supporter who aims to reform the decadence.

Gluttony: "Eaten" by Pride, which is ironic; His power and trait is "Gluttony", yet he destroyed by another "gluttony".

Envy: Destroyed by humans he despised much, not once, but twice. ALso, it worth mentioned that he pretty much creating all his problem for himself, Mustang and Marcoh wouldn't hurt him that much if he hadn't been cocky and/or pointlessly killing without remorse. Similar with the vein, that all of Great Sins, envy is the one that the most self-destructing. And his real form implies that he might have been jealous for human.

Lust: Destroyed by Mustang, in the name of protecting his comrades. ALo can be seen as allegory; lust will destroying itself.
    Sloth isnt dead and so is envy. Prides power is not gluttnoy, his power is shadow. i dont remember exact chapter number but its where Marco, al and gang fights pride. Ed turns off light of entire village to stop pride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast