Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: The Bomber D Rufi Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Bomber D Rufi Thread

Alright, I'm ordering the first two volumes.

Kewl wouldn't let me release it through HWMN, so I had to start my own.
    I'll probably be working with HWMN untill at least Gintama ends.

And chapters 1-3 are out.
    http://folklorescans.wordpress.com/

like my imaginative name?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benii View Post
    Alright, I'm ordering the first two volumes.

Kewl wouldn't let me release it through HWMN, so I had to start my own.
    I'll probably be working with HWMN untill at least Gintama ends.

And chapters 1-3 are out.
    http://folklorescans.wordpress.com/

like my imaginative name?
    The name works, lol. Actually you could even keep it after Folkore is over. I like it to be honest.

Ah okay, I guess I can understand why Kewl wouldn't want to do that, since he thinks I suck. (And he's mostly right.) I dunno when I'll get chapter 5 out though...I've got a lot of non Manga projects to tend to, and I'd like to finish Bullet Armors vol 4 this week as well. I guess this'll give you time to clean volume 2 out? ^^;; I'll try to have 5 out within the next week or two though. It would be easier if Gintama weren't so hard to TL....
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Koukushi Musou!! (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-D-Rufi-Thread
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com

Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kewl said he wanted "projects that he works on so it reflects his preference of series."
    But nice optimism "MOSTLY right" XD

Looks like Kiss Scans is going to be scanlating Nejimaki Kagyu instead.
    Donno if I can cancel the volumes I ordered, but at least I can keep from buying more.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kewl said he wanted "projects that he works on so it reflects his preference of series."
    But nice optimism "MOSTLY right" XD

Looks like Kiss Scans is going to be scanlating Nejimaki Kagyu instead.
    Donno if I can cancel the volumes I ordered, but at least I can keep from buying more.
    Wait, what? Kiss never said anything to me. Goddamit. I'm working with them on Anagle mole, but they never once said they'd do Nejimaki. I guess I'd better go talk to them.

That sucks though. I hope you can cancel the order. Where do you buy your stuff from?

Lol. I have confidence in my ability to translate series that don't start with 'G' and end with 'tama'. Oh and Nejimaki since it's a seinen. I guess I can understand where kewl is coming from, since it's his group after all.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.

Read my writing here!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered it from yesasia. Probably not the best site to order from, but its fairly cheap, In a language I can actually understand, and I only spent like 5 minuets looking up where to buy from. Though I can't see anywhere to cancel orders from, which is why I'm not sure if I can cancel. I just emailed them.

Yeah its pretty much 'Kewls personal project page' rather than a scanlation group.
    I found that out back when I first applied and asked kewl if he could clean.
    He responded with something like "what? no. If I could I wouldn't HAVE cleaners."

...In November it'll have been two years since I started Scanlating...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered it from yesasia. Probably not the best site to order from, but its fairly cheap, In a language I can actually understand, and I only spent like 5 minuets looking up where to buy from. Though I can't see anywhere to cancel orders from, which is why I'm not sure if I can cancel. I just emailed them.

Yeah its pretty much 'Kewls personal project page' rather than a scanlation group.
    I found that out back when I first applied and asked kewl if he could clean.
    He responded with something like "what? no. If I could I wouldn't HAVE cleaners."

...In November it'll have been two years since I started Scanlating...
    Yeah, Yesasia sorta sucks. Since you can't read Japanese though, I guess it's the best way to go. I'd recommend Kinokuniya or HMV japan, but you'd need to know Japanese to get anywhere on those sites. Though if you know the series title (in Japanese) and where the search box is, you'll do okay. Be careful on Yesasia though, sometimes they have Chinese versions of manga where they should be Japanese. Which can be a problem for series that I don't already have raws for.

Again I can't blame Kewl, since he does put a lot of time into what he does. I wouldn't translate something that I don't personally enjoy, and if I knew how to do the scanning part (which I don't) I wouldn't waste time with that either unless I loved the series.

Two years huh? I've been translating since...2006? Though it wasn't till 2007 that I did it on a regular basis. You'd think I'd learn how to like clean and typeset too so I could be well rounded.....maybe someday.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.

Read my writing here!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, I can usually find the japanese names. Think I could manage with google translate and that?

Lol, guess I shouldn't feel too weird about 2 years then.
    Cleanings pretty easy, Especially for volumes. Usually taking a few minuets per page.
    If you wanted I could make a guide for you, In case there was a series you REALLY wanted scanlated.
    And scanning takes zero effort. I just watch tv or movies while I'm doing it. (I say, even though I scanned the last volume backwards...)

Turns out I can't cancel Nejimaki. Guess I'll just... white-out the text and write in your translation...
    T_T

BULLET ARMORS! You don't have anyone scanlating that right? Mind if I work on that?
    I don't know much about it, but I usually like most of the series you translate.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, I can usually find the japanese names. Think I could manage with google translate and that?

Lol, guess I shouldn't feel too weird about 2 years then.
    Cleanings pretty easy, Especially for volumes. Usually taking a few minuets per page.
    If you wanted I could make a guide for you, In case there was a series you REALLY wanted scanlated.
    And scanning takes zero effort. I just watch tv or movies while I'm doing it. (I say, even though I scanned the last volume backwards...)

Turns out I can't cancel Nejimaki. Guess I'll just... white-out the text and write in your translation...
    T_T

BULLET ARMORS! You don't have anyone scanlating that right? Mind if I work on that?
    I don't know much about it, but I usually like most of the series you translate.
    http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/indexohb.cgi?AREA=03

If you can find the Japanese title of a series (That's fairly recent), you should be able to order it there. They have an English link once you search up the series too, and I usually get my orders within a few days. (Sometimes the next day.)

Hah, I have like no time to scan. I'm like working or writing most of the time. NaNo is this month, so I'm pretty much scaling back all of my translations besides Gintama. I really would like to get some writing done, and since I lost a month to depression, I need to really get my ass in gear.

Sucks about Nejimaki....I haven't been able to get in touch with kiss scans, and I really don't remember them saying they'd do it but...sorry?

I've actually got like...two groups interested in Bullet. One is being painfully slow about releasing it, while the other seems to be making some progress. Either way I wouldn't want you to spend more money on a series that might be scantlated soon. ^^;; I'll try to get more Folkore out faster so you have something to do though, but the earliest I think I'll have chapter 5 out is maybe November 6th ish or so. (Again the only thing I'll be translating on a regular basis is Gintama for pretty much the entirety of this month, so it's not just you.) After we're done with Folklore maybe we can tackle Chojin Gakuen? If...someone else hasn't already.

You like most of what I like? You have good taste then. In all seriousness, I'll let you know if there's something I think needs the attention. Right now though I've got a lot of stuff going on. If it weren't for Gintama I'd probably have lots of time too....One chapter of that takes about two or three hours, while a chapter of Folklore takes maybe one hour, ninety minutes tops. >_<

I might take you up on that scantlation lesson offer. I'll have lots of free time come January, so I think maybe around then would be good.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.

Read my writing here!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jintae's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rufi. Thank you for your works. Unfortunately, I never liked manga(I came from Japanese music space) but with your translation works i start to read some things again. Maybe you want to take my request and do some non manga work? I've send you e mail with request and still no answer ;p Probably you read this mail and burned it or deleted( or both) xD

I want to ask you about one non manga project.(think about two but i think that you can't translate Japenese playstation one games) so i will ask you to translate some Japanese interviews(I provide both Raws with huge DPI or pure japanese txt in Word(have very good Japanese OCR app and scanner). For this work i can even pay you(it's very important and personal matter for me)

My cousin live in Japan and he tell me that he can get me almost every Japanese manga(do HQ scans too) if i need something so if you need help feel free to ask me

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jintae View Post
    Hi Rufi. Thank you for your works. Unfortunately, I never liked manga(I came from Japanese music space) but with your translation works i start to read some things again. Maybe you want to take my request and do some non manga work? I've send you e mail with request and still no answer ;p Probably you read this mail and burned it or deleted( or both) xD

I want to ask you about one non manga project.(think about two but i think that you can't translate Japenese playstation one games) so i will ask you to translate some Japanese interviews(I provide both Raws with huge DPI or pure japanese txt in Word(have very good Japanese OCR app and scanner). For this work i can even pay you(it's very important and personal matter for me)

My cousin live in Japan and he tell me that he can get me almost every Japanese manga(do HQ scans too) if i need something so if you need help feel free to ask me
    Well, I'd have to see what interviews you're talking about. I do warn you though that I probably won't be able to read it well since most of them don't have furigana on them. I guess at least though I can read through these scans and let you know though.

Also I'd like to tell everyone that starting now requests are closed. I now have several projects being scantlated at once, as well as my writing to consider. As soon as I have time again, I will open up requests. You can let me know of any interesting manga that you see here, but I will not be picking up anything else until further notice. Any works I have said I'd consider are still being considered, but from this date I will not be actively doing new translations outside of what I'm working on now. Please feel free to e-mail me with questions, or if you just want to talk.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.

Read my writing here!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jintae's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry my friend xD I always forget to include scan samples Here is sample scan and below is pure text(first question and answer sample).

http://i45.tinypic.com/2djqk9f.jpg

—前回は、主に“丨Into Free -Dangan-” までのことをお伺いしましたので、今 回はそれ以降のお話を中心にお願いし ます。まず、韓国人歌手のキ厶•ヒヨ ンジュンさんへお二人で揃って楽曲提 供をされましたね?
    M:ユニバ一サルさんからオファ一を 頂きました。すんなりと出来て、いい 感じの曲だと思います。みんなが思っ てるB’zっぽさがあって。
    I : “GO FOR IT, BABY-キオクの山脈-” のM.V.撮影の時に会いに来てくれて初 めて会ったんだよね。その時は、自分 の好きな曲の感じとかを話して、ご挨 拶程度でしたけど。
    M:稲葉君は休み時間がすぐだったか ら、すぐ話したんだよ。僕は、その後 もずっと撮ってて。稲葉君がもう話し ただろうから、とっくに帰ってると 思ったら、待っててくれて。律僅な人 だなって思った。長引いてたから相当 待ってもらったよ。僕もお会いして、 曲の話をちよっとだけしたんだけど。

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaand volume 3 is ordered. I'll scan it as soon as it arrives, probably around two-three weeks.
    Also we now have a experienced typesetter: tak2552.
    We're becoming competent!

NaNo? well it probably has something to do writing, but still whats that? All Google brings up is Ipods.

Almost everything seems to have someone working on it already. I guess that's good though.
    I'd need to learn Japanese myself If I wanted to do anything else probably. but if there is something that needs attention, I'm willing to do it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaand volume 3 is ordered. I'll scan it as soon as it arrives, probably around two-three weeks.
    Also we now have a experienced typesetter: tak2552.
    We're becoming competent!

NaNo? well it probably has something to do writing, but still whats that? All Google brings up is Ipods.

Almost everything seems to have someone working on it already. I guess that's good though.
    I'd need to learn Japanese myself If I wanted to do anything else probably. but if there is something that needs attention, I'm willing to do it.
    It's short for...something. I know it's generally about writing a novel in a month though. I'm sorta not doing that, but I have plenty I'd like to catch up on. NaNowritmo is usually what people call it. National write a novel month I guess?

About folkore, Sweet. I think I'll try to aim for having a new chapter of that and several other things by this weekend. My birthday is coming up soon, so why not celebrate getting just a smidgen closer to an eventual death by translating manga? :-P In fact since I don't intend on voting either, might as well see what I can get done tomorrow night.

Yeah NOW. I mean a few months ago I had to beg people to scan shit I translated. Now all of a sudden I'm semi-popular. Figures, when I have little or no time to translate that's when bitches and bastards want to hit me up for stuff. *sighs*

Anyway I want to say I'll have folklore 5 and or 6 out this week, but that series is surprisingly difficult to do since the text amount varies and there's a lot of stuff to look up since the terms are unfamiliar to me. Plus I've got stuff for two other groups to do....I dunno if you want to hook up with darkmurmur scans to do bullet? They seem poised to do it, and since I've done four volumes worth (and you seem to have cash), maybe you could do three and four while they work on one and two. Then you guys could release a huge Bullet orgasm all over the internet. Doesn't that sound like fun on a bun? I usually talk to their leader Mel at this email: imanga.mel@gmail.com.

Hell yeah, typsetter! That means we're almost an actual group!

Also your avatar is kind of fabulous. What series/character is it?
    Last edited by Bomber D Rufi; November 05, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.

Read my writing here!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I developed a fear of writing sometime around elementary/middle school, so someone being able to write more than, like, two pages always seems pretty awesome to me.

Happy Birthday! (Make sure to go back and read this on your actual birthday. That way it'll almost be like I said it on time!)
    Pretty much everyone I know seems apathetic about the election. I WOULD have voted. If I had remembered to register...

As hot as that sounds, I already talked to kiss about helping out with Nejimaki Kagyu. With that plus Folklore, plus Gintama, plus Doubutsu no Kuni for kewl, I'm starting to think I might have enough things going on.
    Also there's an important difference between having cash and having a lack of self-control.

We're just a proofreader away from completing our harem. Though if we get one, it'll probably be around when folklore ends. After which the group's going to die, since we won't have any projects that wouldn't just be pointless joints.

Touhou/Marisa
    The series has a ridiculous amount of awesome fan art. Maybe to try to make up for the actual art?
    Pouty Kagura was starting to make me feel depressed, so I decided to change it.
    Full image: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8...uhou267437.jpg

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Heya BDR!

Your thread kinda caught my eye in the board overview when I (accidentally) hit the "Forum" button in the top navigation bar for the first time in years.
    So I dropped by and skimmed some of the last few pages. The following passage I found to be especially interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    If it weren't for Gintama I'd probably have lots of time too....One chapter of that takes about two or three hours, while a chapter of Folklore takes maybe one hour, ninety minutes tops. >_<
    Thank you so much for sharing that information! I had always been wondering how long it took other translators to get through a chapter... even though this also prove a suspicion of mine that I always had: looks like I really am one hell of a slow worker.

An impressive deed to wrestle down one chapter of Gintama in that amount of time. Big kudos!

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

New Reply
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast