Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Will There be Pirates Stronger than the Likes of the Yonkou, Shichibukai, Dragon etc.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Will There be Pirates Stronger than the Likes of the Yonkou, Shichibukai, Dragon etc.

Will we see yet-to be revealed pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai and Dragon?

Yonkou are the emperors of the New World, will we see Pirates stronger than the likes of these Pirates?
    Last edited by Yabe; January 27, 2009 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Post's merged from two similar threads

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

It's possible either as members of the "new era" such as luffy and blackbeard. It could also be that there are pirates who are just as strong or stronger but do not want to rule as emperors and prefer to continue to go on their adventures to find one piece, etc.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member c0nflikt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

I think the new op movie is going to reveal such a character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Character
    Constantine Woe • Captain • Juggernaut Pirates • Markswoman/Inventorr
    • Bounty :0 • SD Earned : 200 • Beli : 53,687,500 • L : Grand Line
    Strength: 50 | Speed: 50 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 102 | Fortune: 58

Check out my blog!
    Twitter: @CorpseMoney

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Other then maybe Luffy & Zoro right at the end I doubt we'll see any "pirates" stronger then the Yonkou(Enel ain't a pirate)

I don't know about Dragon it's really pointless to guess how strong he is. Probablly not though if he lives up to his hype.

As for the Shichibuki if you mean by individual then yes I certainly think that we will see pirates stronger then some of the individual Shichibuki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love for strong pirates to be introduced more rather than the New World being filled with a list of people Luffy needs to defeat. Even Shabondy, which relied mainly on two list-tickers (Kuma and Kizaru) still managed to introduce Sentoumaru. Not pirate, but my point is:

Don't assume that the Yonkou and Shichibukai are all that's left in the world.

Of course, Onomatopoeia is right in a way. The Yonkou are Yonkou because they are the strongest free pirates in the world. This aside, I've mentioned before that strength is all about perception. Whitebeard is strong, but is known as the strongest because of his large and powerful crew and actions along his journey. There still may be individuals who are quite powerful, but somehow I can't see more pirates being stronger than what we already have.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to wait till 2012 to find out, because Impel Down will go for a year, then theres the War, then we have like a year and a half of Fishman Island so we will reach New World in another 3 years. So There will be like 400-500 Chapters on of New World so we'll have to wait a long time to find out

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tru_TO View Post
    We have to wait till 2012 to find out, because Impel Down will go for a year, then theres the War, then we have like a year and a half of Fishman Island so we will reach New World in another 3 years. So There will be like 400-500 Chapters on of New World so we'll have to wait a long time to find out
    Really? A year of Impel Down? Shabondy didn't take a year and Oda only seems to take this long at an arc's end where every Strawhat gets his/her obligatory 3 chapter fight in amongst plot. From memory only Alabasta, Skypeia and Enies Lobby took more than a year, don't know why Luffy + some cameos = a year.

My year prediction would be more like: Impel Down + War + Reuniting Strawhats. If close to all this doesn't happen this year, either there was a massive plot twist in between or Oda's lost his touch for pacing. Since Oda has never lost his touch for pacing, only plot twists should stop all that happening this year. Remember, the War will not be 20 chapters of Whitebeard versus Blackbeard. If Whitebeard was Luffy, perhaps it would be quite a long arc, but since Whitebeard is nothing more than a support character (i.e. not a main, doesnt mean unimportant to plot) the war should be anything from 3 to 10 chapters.
    Last edited by bittman; January 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda is a humble man. A man who likes pranks and dicking around, but he is a humble man. He had this to say about Impel Down. He is now formulating how he`ll handle the end of this arc in his head right now. That is to say, how to depict it. He has said that each and every page he is constructing for the climax has the potential to be, and I quote, "...epic...", as continuous full-page spreads of one amazing event after another, however, if he wrote things how he wanted to he could never get on to drawing all the amazing islands of the New World that he has planned so in his mind he WANTS to wrap up Impel Down in a year. They were NOT clear as to whether that included the war but I think we`ll see.

Oda`s estimates on time are horrific so it seems we have at least one year of ID ahead of us. No complaints from me. He was coy about the New World and said he has lots of ideas that he cannot wait to put to paper.

Eiichiro Oda - Jump Festa 09.

So i think he wants to get to New World quickly so about a year of Impel Down-Strawhats-War as u said then like 60-70 chapters of Fishman arc.

But u really think it would only go for 3-10 The War between Whitebeard and WG?

Moderator message by: Yabe
    Please stay on topic. To discuss particularly about the length of the serie or an arc please do it in this thread.
    Last edited by Yabe; January 28, 2009 at 05:22 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    I'd love for strong pirates to be introduced more rather than the New World being filled with a list of people Luffy needs to defeat. Even Shabondy, which relied mainly on two list-tickers (Kuma and Kizaru) still managed to introduce Sentoumaru. Not pirate, but my point is:

Don't assume that the Yonkou and Shichibukai are all that's left in the world.

Of course, Onomatopoeia is right in a way. The Yonkou are Yonkou because they are the strongest free pirates in the world. This aside, I've mentioned before that strength is all about perception. Whitebeard is strong, but is known as the strongest because of his large and powerful crew and actions along his journey. There still may be individuals who are quite powerful, but somehow I can't see more pirates being stronger than what we already have.
    An excellent point. The New World is FULL of pirates who can hold their own against Luffy. That's what separates the New World from the first half of the Grand Line. And bittman, it wasn't just Sentomaru introduced on the Sabaody Islands: there were the other Super Novae as well. They were introduced, but they did nothing, so I think that the Straw Hats will meet up with them all again over the course of their adventures in the New World. I mean, Kid, Law, Hawkins, and Drake should be worthy opponents for Luffy the Monster Trio. And even guys like Urouge, Killer, and Apoo should be nothing to sneeze at for the crew weaker than the Monster Trio, though I don't think Bonney and Capone are anywhere near any of the Straw Hats, except for maybe Usopp and Nami.

But as for the the thread title itself, I again agree with bittman that the Yonko are the four most powerful pirates in the world. That's how they became known as the "Yonko". Dragon's strength is unknown, so we can't judge, and the Shichibukai vary. I think most of them are underrated, but there's still quite a gap between Hancock (who I think is the weakest, though there's more to her then the sex appeal, which is all we've really seen her use) and Mihawk or Kuma. And we don't even know what Doflamingo and Jimbei can do. So in short, I think that the Shichibukai, while all extremely powerful, vary in strength, but that the strongest of them, the Yonko, and the Admirals are basically the strongest characters in One Piece. Until the end of the story, when things may have changed (for the Straw Hats almost definitely) there will not be anyone stronger than them, though there will still be some very powerful pirates around.
    Last edited by Imitorar; January 28, 2009 at 08:23 PM.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you think that there are less Pirates and more Pirate Hunters in the New World? It would make sense wouldn't it. All the Hunters wait there for a big bounty, cuz u gotta be pretty strong to make it to New World.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Less pirates and more pirate hunters? In a sea ruled by pirates?

Sure, makes a whole lotta sense.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with Imitorar about the strength of yonkou,marine admiral and shicibukai.. they are the top in one piece world.. the strength,crew,fame,wealth and power.. i also agree that there are many strong and scary pirate or anything else in the new world like crocodile say but they are not so powerful and dominance as yonkou,admiral and shicibukai.. to me, one piece is not like other manga, a longer the manga continue, more powerful enemy will show up, more training the hero gonna have to do and more crappy the storyline.. very2 sorry 4 bad english

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

heh. Even if there aren't, Oda can always make new characters. Happened with DragonBall (Frieza was supposed to be the final enemy)

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

its true but i dont think oda will be that stupid.. 4 me that will be boring and no respect to the characters itself.. akira toriyama himself say that dragonball supposed to end at piccollo arc-vol 16 but jump want him to continue..he's agree and continue until vol 42.. he doesnt want to cont but agree to become a supervisor to the dragonball gt,although in a limited way ..but dragonball gt was so suck and akira himself hate it so much, he quit and say that dragonball only had 42 vol and no more.. this is in his interview with eiichiro oda with some magazine and i dont remember what magazine is it...sorry 4 my opinion and very bad english..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I do believe there will be strong guys other than Yonkou there. And Kid is not a small threat either.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast