Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Thread: Will There be Pirates Stronger than the Likes of the Yonkou, Shichibukai, Dragon etc.

  1. #16
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovefoxes View Post
    I do believe there will be strong guys other than Yonkou there. And Kid is not a small threat either.
    Oh I think there will be. Otherwise One Piece will become boring as hell.
    We all know there are a lot of other pirates in New World, beside Yonkou crews, and Yonkou "reign" that area because they are most influential, and have strongest crews.

    Now, compare Strawhats with Whitebeard pirates. Don't you think there's a lot of space to fill between their levels? Meaning there are probably quite a few pirate gangs that are weaker than Whitebeard pirates, but stronger than Strawhats.
    So, I think that it's not impossible that there are individuals who are on the level of Shichibukai in those other crews.

    Frankly, reducing entire New World to 4 strong pirate crews would destroy a lot of plot potential.
    Last edited by Razh; February 14, 2009 at 01:25 PM.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  2. #17
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by hisoga View Post
    its true but i dont think oda will be that stupid.. 4 me that will be boring and no respect to the characters itself.. akira toriyama himself say that dragonball supposed to end at piccollo arc-vol 16 but jump want him to continue..he's agree and continue until vol 42.. he doesnt want to cont but agree to become a supervisor to the dragonball gt,although in a limited way ..but dragonball gt was so suck and akira himself hate it so much, he quit and say that dragonball only had 42 vol and no more.. this is in his interview with eiichiro oda with some magazine and i dont remember what magazine is it...sorry 4 my opinion and very bad english..
    Falsehood of the highest order. You were right about Toriyama originally wanting to end the series with Goku vs. Piccolo Jr. and agreeing to continue on at his editor's behest, but you are massively wrong about Toriyama and GT. Not to mention the fact that Toriyama was originally gonna end the series after Frieza, but his wife convinced him to keep going. Then he was gonna end it after Cell, but again his editor convinced him to keep going. Then after Buu they finally let him end it, but there wasn't any sort of agreement to continue for another 26 or so volumes after the Piccolo Jr. arc.

    And about GT, Toriyama was never even ON the staff of GT, because GT was Toei's project, it was like a 62 episode filler arc. Also, Toriyama has said that he likes GT very much and sometimes wishes that he had come up with it. (I find that Toriyama's desires for Dragon Ball became rather questionable after the Cell Games...) And as far as I know, Oda and Toriyama have only ever had one interview with each other, in the first Color Walk. I happen to own the licensed (and therefore translated) release of that Color Walk, not to mention having seen the translated interview on the Internet. And NOWHERE in it did either Oda or Toriyama even MENTION Dragonball GT. You are spreading false information, and citing a source that doesn't even discuss the topic you're bringing it as evidence about, let alone say what you say it does.

    And there is no sense in bringing examples from Dragon Ball in this argument, because Oda and Toriyama plan their stories in EXTREMELY different ways. Toriyama came up with the story the week he drew it. He never really knew in advance what would happen. He may have had some general ideas, but alot of concrete details and sometimes even the basic plot were spur-of-the-moment ideas. He didn't have Frieza in mind when he started the series. I doubt he even had Krillin in mind until after the first Dragon Ball hunt. That's how Toriyama worked as an author.

    Oda, on the other hand, mapped out the entire plot of One Piece during the year between Romance Dawn version 1 running in Akamaru Jump and One Piece beginning serialization. Some details have been switched around, and some things have been added or tweaked, but that's only the detailed stuff, the basic plot is the same as it was 11.5 years ago when the series started. In other words, Oda already has every arc planned out. He has all of the major characters, such as all 11 members of the final Straw Hat crew planned out (that's including Luffy). He had all 7 Shichibukai planned out from the beginning, and he has all 4 Yonko worked out. And once he's said that they're the strongest, that's it. That means that he has built his story around the premise that the Yonko are the four most powerful pirates in the world. And because Oda has already planned out the entire story, that fact cannot be changed later, because it would result in the story that he mapped out needing MASSIVE changes, and there's no sense in reworking the already written story so majorly.
    Avatar by AnnouncerGuy


    Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

  3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #18
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    i agree with there will be more strong pirate or non pirate like mugiwara and supernova or even stronger but yonkou/admiral/other is still the top..and someday, mugiwara or supernova or the silver medalist or the unknown pirate or else will beat/fight one another and even the yonkou to become the greatest..the pirate king/other..

    but still until that day come, yonkou is still the greatest pirate alive, dragon still the worst criminal, admiral still the marine ultimate force, mihawk still the world greatest swordsman, garp still the marine hero, secret is secret, one piece still one piece and Gold Roger still the Pirate King..

    sorry 4 bad english...


    sorry 4 wrong info imitorar.. but the only source i can find right now about akira supervise DBGT is at wikipedia.. its true that in the interview they doesnt mention DBGT but akira did say he doesnt like DBGT in other occasion.. but i still cannot find the source coz i read that long time ago..so i'm sorry 4 the wrong information..but im not the one bring up the dragonball name in this forum.. jus carried away..hahaha.. i luv one piece and Dragonball..
    Last edited by hisoga; February 14, 2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #19
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    Your guess is as good as mine, unless your name is Oda.

  6. #20
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    we still haven't seen a lot of Pirate Hunters

  7. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    We had seem some. Either the Shichibukai also do pirate hunting, remember when Crocodile appeared in Arabasta to defeated a pirate and said "I am here only for that pirate head" (refering he wasn't trying to help people).

    ===//===//===

    Actually, Toriyama does had something to do with GT. He doesn't supervisioned it, but he created various concepts and the base (very base) of the storyline.



    There was another image, with chibi Goku, growth Pan and Trunks with Toriyama style, but I couldn't find.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  8. #22
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Peppermint Palace
    Country
    New Zealand
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    Currently, I don't see Oda creating anyone stronger than the Yonkou and Shichibukai. They are like the bosses of the OP world so...unless Oda significantly lengthens the storyline or the Eleven Supernovas evolve and become so much stronger that they can surpass the Shichibukai.


    Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

    One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

  9. #23
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    ...unless Oda significantly lengthens the storyline or the Eleven Supernovas evolve and become so much stronger that they can surpass the Shichibukai.
    Why limit your imagination to Supernovas? They are just newcomers in the sea full of strong pirates. Yonkou are just strongest among those, and there is a lot of gap to fill between one of Supernovas and one of Yonkou.

    We know almost nothing about the New World. But I bet there aren't a lot of pirates crews who are weaker than Supernovas.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  10. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    One thing I just noticed, when WB asks Ace to join, he doesn't appear to have scars or be on life support. Since Ace only left home 3 years ago, he got messed up like that recently, not by Roger as I had thought. Could his opponent still be alive?
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

  11. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    Whitebeard says "this scar aches each time I see your face" or something like that. Was he talking about that scar in his chest? Well, the only relateds to Shanks I can think are: Roger (which was already dead 3 years ago) and Rayleigh.

    ( I think the life support is because of his age).
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Why limit your imagination to Supernovas? They are just newcomers in the sea full of strong pirates. Yonkou are just strongest among those, and there is a lot of gap to fill between one of Supernovas and one of Yonkou.

    We know almost nothing about the New World. But I bet there aren't a lot of pirates crews who are weaker than Supernovas.
    Because that make the adventure more fun. They would be rivals from the same generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  12. #26
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    We're talking about New World here, which is ruled by pirates, and only the strongest of them can make it there. Remeber how many pirate crews SH met in the first half of Grand Line? So how many other, stronger crews should be in the New World? Why is it so hard to survive there?
    I can't be that naive to think that SH will have only Yonkou and other Supernovas to worry aboutm one they get to the New World.
    After all, that marine officer which was reporting to Sengoku did mention that some other crews have started moving as well. By other, I don't think he meant other Yonkou crews. Otherwise he wouldn't call them just "other crews".

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  13. #27
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Superman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    485
    Post Thanks / Like

    WSJ Pirate Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Less pirates and more pirate hunters? In a sea ruled by pirates?

    Sure, makes a whole lotta sense.
    I would be a bounty hunter because i dont believe in the one piece treasure in form of gold or bellies. Something way more beatiful awaits, than money. The Roger pirates are smart peoples who dominated the sea and had the most possibilites and the most freedom of the sea, like it seems. But i am lazy so i choose "easy" way

    Quote Originally Posted by hisoga View Post
    i agree that there are many strong and scary pirates or anything else in the new world like crocodile say but they are not so powerful and dominance as yonkou,admiral and shichibukai.. to me, one piece is not like other manga, a longer the manga continue, more powerful enemy will show up, more training the hero gonna have to do and more crappy the storyline.. very2 sorry 4 bad english
    Yes your right. To introduce characters who are so damn strong and we never heard a word from them is just crap. I admit that the introduction of Duval was somehow trash imo. When Hachii was show it was more interesting, then the face was great and all was good again. At least to hear their names once is important like Hanocks name in TB http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/or, or to see their wanted poster.

    One more thing is: I thing WB wont come and fight, because he cant. Something is wrong with this war. Either he gets confronted by BB with Kumas help what i dont believe, or he has a more serious illness, than drinking, since a few years what we may not know. Because of that he is maybe too weak for war.
    Last edited by Superman; February 16, 2009 at 02:21 PM.
    March 28, 2006—Pampering pets with designer goods isn't so unusual—and now even your houseflies can get outfitted in style.



    The fly has cooler glasses than me!!!
    EHHHHHHH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE CONTACTS WOOOOOT

  14. #28
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    大秦
    Country
    Bavaria
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,529
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    please forgive me for not reading every single post thoroughly, but has someone mentioned the "silver medallists" already? it would fit both the thread title AND Imitorars remark that WB is exempt, because those guys "only" lost to him and/or Roger...
    that should give Oda more than enough free room to show us powerful pirates

    + an idea that just occured to me: with WB's fall WG could get cocky enough to send Marines openly into the New World *looksatsmokerhinaandsoon*

    ah, I see hisoga did already - nvm
    Last edited by Akainu; February 16, 2009 at 04:37 PM.

  15. #29
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    Well I think Oda's been doing a good job showing that the Yonkou's are in a league of their own when one was considered the equal of the previous pirate king and an other is the one who inspired the future pirate king to become pirate and an other seems to have owned a shichi completely.

    Shichibukai, well they are still one of the three world powers so they are far from your average pirate and I found them all impressive. And BB & WB are even considered to be Yonkou lvl but they are (a lot of) pirates that could be stronger or easely rival the other Shichibukais. Like Moria said himself Probably those silver medalists that Akainu mentioned. So Oda has enough playground to add strong opponents if he wants to keep on going. Didn't he said he would be a jump boy for life if possible?

    Dragon, I doubt it. It's freaking Luffy & Ace dad & Garp son we're talking about. World most wanted man. He reeks of epicness that only people like WB & Roger compare to.
    Last edited by mugiwara84; February 16, 2009 at 07:21 PM.

  16. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    please forgive me for not reading every single post thoroughly, but has someone mentioned the "silver medallists" already?
    I didn't mention the term, because it's just an expression. They could just as well be "runner ups".

    I count those in the pirates that are between Whitebeard pirates (for example) and Strawhats in terms of strenght.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts