Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Will There be Pirates Stronger than the Likes of the Yonkou, Shichibukai, Dragon etc.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will There be Pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai Dragon etc.

I like the Yonku, they seem really powerful.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will There be Pirates Stronger than the Likes of the Yonkou, Shichibukai, Dragon etc.

Well BB is pretty much up there imo. The dude has two formidable devil fruit abilities and out of all the pirates that we've been introduced to, BB is the one that looks set to reach the Yonkou level first...

As far as a pirate more powerful than Yonkou, Shichibukai and Dragon...that's always going to be hard to answer and it's not something that's particularly important atm. I liked the way Mihawk summed it up; "That is no skill or technique ...but the simple ability to turn those around him into his allies..." So I guess...my answer is Monkey D. Luffy...obviously he has no chance atm though but eventually...I believe he'll do it.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will There be Pirates Stronger than the Likes of the Yonkou, Shichibukai, Dragon etc.

Well, I could see individual pirates being as strong or perhaps stronger than the yonkou but in turn do not fully oppose them due to a lack of military might. Getting a crew of powerful members is not a small feat and by no means it is easy. Shanks, WB and the other yonkou not only should have a minimum of personal strength but also have extraordinarily powerful crewmates who add to their military might.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I do wonder about the Level 6 Escapees from ID. These "guys" could easily be as dangerous as the Shichibukai or remaining Yonkou. But like KKCK has mentioned many of the "powers of the NW" are also based on military might, and the content of their crews... So even a Lvl 6 "monster" would simply be a temporary issue unless they were able to muster a crew of some renown...

I do hope there is more than meets the eye as far as the potential dangers in the NW...

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, sengoku mentioned a single level 6 prisoner would be enough for an entire nation to be in danger of being brought to ruin, in that sense I really doubt any of the level 6 prisoners has anything to fear from even the strongest people around. I doubt a level 6 prisoner could be considered just a temporary threat. Remember ennies lobbie? The strawhats, a crew of rookies, were able to bring down the entire military might of the place and some luck allowed them to escape the buster call. Level 6 prisoners are not rookies, for all we know a single one of them could do that much easily (specially if there are not plot devices to bring in battle ships and VAs to the place)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WB is dead so as to who is the strongest is up in the air............after lola's mom, i dont think the strawhats will get anymore allies.

i can see some of the level six prisoners being individually as strong as a shichibukai, but i wait to see about the yonkou. remember WB was still a beast at marineford even though he was sick.

like previous post said......military might is another reason the yonkou are so strong.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...I'll echo everyone else's statements that Yonkou are more about 'political' strength/influence than personal strength. Obviously Yonkou themselves should be monsters, but as we saw of the NW so far (Drake attempting to steal an island from Kaidou, Jinbei's comments about Fishman Island being protected by WB, etc.), the territories they control are also a big part of their Yonkou status.

What with the two year timeskip, I don't think Jinbei and Boa are ruled out as SHs anymore, as the crew could get up to their level in strength. But I still prefer them being ally crews rather than crewmates, since that seems to be something the Yonkou (or at least WB and Kaidou) were big on. It would be epic to see a scene near the end of OP similar to the one before the WB War, where all the ally crews showed up to help WB...maybe Luffy goes 'we're going into war', and then all the crews they've met so far join them. A fleet that includes two ex-Shichibukai and maybe more...damn.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't think kaido is that strong, or at least he personally does not quite seem to be a match for shanks or WB IMHO. Moria was apparently his equal and shanks was able to appear at marineford but a day after he fought him. Considering kaido apparently did not even injure shank's crew and moria, arguably the weakest of the shichibukai, gave him a run for his money, I can't see him being that much of a beast. I think soon after the timeskip luffy will be the one to take kaido out (he has to take out a yonkou at some point and we know it won't be shanks).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Personally, I don't think kaido is that strong, or at least he personally does not quite seem to be a match for shanks or WB IMHO. Moria was apparently his equal and shanks was able to appear at marineford but a day after he fought him. Considering kaido apparently did not even injure shank's crew and moria, arguably the weakest of the shichibukai, gave him a run for his money, I can't see him being that much of a beast. I think soon after the timeskip luffy will be the one to take kaido out (he has to take out a yonkou at some point and we know it won't be shanks).
    You actually think Kaidou isn't strong, and Shanks just owned him? REALLY? And yes, Moria WAS his equal, over 10 years ago until Kaidou became much stronger and raped him.

And no, they didn't fought. Shanks merely stopped him in the middle of the sea. I don't see any reason for Kaidou to fight Shanks. He wanted to attack Whitebeard, but stopped by Shanks. You think he would fight him all out and then go after Whitebeard?
    No body said that Shanks jumped on his ship and clashed swords with Kaidou. Kaidou probably simply lost interest and went to his way.

Quote Quote:
    (Drake attempting to steal an island from Kaidou
    That is probably not the case. Drake is a former Rear Admiral, and I'm sure he isn't stupid enough to think that he can fuck around with one of the Yonkou, especially someone as brutal as Kaidou. If anything, I suppose he has a plan and intends to ally himself with Kaidou.
    Last edited by Samui; September 01, 2010 at 07:59 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression the manga stated shanks and kaido got into a fight. That said, how do you know kaido wasn't already a yonkou 10 years ago when he fought moria? There is a small chance he is a sort of young yonkou like shanks is but there is also a chance he has been around about as long as WB.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    Quote Quote:
    Marine: Red-Hair's started up a skirmish in the New World!
    Just a skirmish.
    And since Shanks came back without a scratch on him, it's safe to assume that he didn't jump on an enemy ship and clashed swords with Kaidou (or vice versa), but simply stopped him in the middle of the sea. Probably a short sea fight. You know, cannons, etc. Not an all out war.
    If you think that Kaidou - one of the strongest pirates right now -was owned by Shanks who came back without a scratch on him, then whatever.
    To me it makes sense, that's all.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Skirmish is kinda an ambiguous concept though and pirates are not exceptionally reasonable for certain things. If shanks is on his way to marineford and kaido gets in the way I can't imagine shanks not retaliating. What you are suggesting is kinda like this scenario:

Kaido: Sup shanks, what ya up to?
    Shanks: kaidoman! how is it hanging? I am just on my way to stop the insanity back at marineford, can't stay to chat.
    Kaido: Ohhh... that's a problem you see....
    Shanks: OMG, I am so sorry, I did not realize. Lets stop at that spot and talk this over while we drink a couple cold ones.
    Kaido: Actually, I am taking some antibiotics right now so I can't do alcohol... I know a nice little coffee shop around the corner.
    Shanks: Sounds wonderful, lets do that.

The way I see it, a skirmish among pirates (let along yonkou) is more along the lines of this:

Kaido: SHANKS! I will not let you stop the war! No way IN FUCKIN HELL I am about to let you waste this chance of getting WB destroyed and by extention a chance for me to expand my control over the NW.
    Shanks: I won't stay quiet in face of such a thing. You get in our way and we will retaliate, we have no time for petty games like this.
    Kaido: BRING IT ON BITCH!

Not to mention the "skirmish" was described as a huge incident, something of extreme importance. I doubt a mere argument (with words and no swords) would be in itself that big a deal.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought that Shanks was with Whitebeard to begin with. When Kaidou appeared, Shanks had to let Whitebeard go on to Marineford while he and his crew stay behind to stop Kaidou from reaching Whitebeard. And no, I said it probably was a sea fight between their ships, nothing more. And Kaidou didn't want to stop the war, he tried to attack Whitebeard. But when Shanks interferred, he had no choice but leave to his business. Why fight another Yonkou? He wanted Whitebeard's head. He can't have it if he starts a fight with Shanks anyway, so he left.

But once again, if you think Kaidou is such a weakling compared to the other Yonkou, then whatever.

Quote Quote:
    Not to mention the "skirmish" was described as a huge incident, something of extreme importance. I doubt a mere argument (with words and no swords) would be in itself that big a deal.
    The Gorosei were also so afraid from Whitebeard and Shanks alliance, when in reality they didn't even intend on making one. They do tend to make a big deal of it. Momonga didn't even know the details, all he knew was that it was a skirmish between two Yonkou crews.
    Last edited by Samui; September 01, 2010 at 12:49 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lord.Strife's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting. I believe that there will be more pirate just below the yonkou interms of power or equal in individualize poor but do not have a crew to back them up so to speak. My biggest question is how stong is the pan fleet admiral and the garosei. I think that all six are as powerful as a yonkou in individual power but do not go to the nw since they have governorship issues to preform. I think that it will take the combined might of the yonkous and the pirate king to challenge the WG and all its might. When we see the pan admiral and gorosei on the move then things have gotten serious

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

For me I think the most powerful characters (including diceased ones) lately in One Piece are:

S-Class

Monkey D. Dragon
    Monkey D. Garp
    Former Fleet Admiral Sengoku
    Shanks
    Edward "Whitebeard" Newgates
    Bigmom
    Kaidou

A-Class

"Phoenix" Marco
    "Flower Sword" Vista
    "Diamond" Jozu
    Jinbei
    Doflamingo Donquixote
    Juraquile Mihawk
    Akainu
    Aokiji
    Kizaru
    Eneru
    Shiryuu of the Rain
    Magellan
    Ben Beckman
    Last edited by FaustXIII; September 11, 2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: typo error

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast