Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who Will be the Last Opponent

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

17 37.78%
  • Akainu

4 8.89%
  • Gorosei

13 28.89%
  • Tenryuubito

0 0%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • X Drake

0 0%
  • Law

0 0%
  • Kaido

1 2.22%
  • Big Mom

0 0%
  • Buggy

1 2.22%
  • Doflamingo

2 4.44%
  • Other (specify)

7 15.56%
New Reply
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the last opponent?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the last opponent?

the last opponent going to be WORLD GOVERNMENT & WORLD NOBLE.

Revolutionary and Luffy pirate(pirate King) + Pirates ATTACKING ALL OUT World goverment, noble + Marine protection.

PLACE:MARIEJOA
    Last edited by kanmati; December 09, 2010 at 04:46 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    Blackbeard will be Luffy's final 1on1 fight. The World Government will fall shortly afterwards, but will be a combined effort by Luffy and allies.
    The issue with the World Government / Navy falling is that its Coby's dream to be a Navy Admiral so I doubt it will flat out fall. Maybe some sort of reform will happen. ((SHs attacking the Gourousei?))

Then there's always the fact that without the corrupt and pirate-hating WG, there will be less people chasing the Strawhats, which means less adventures and we all know that Luffy loves his adventures

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

surely blackbeard becuase he's the only one who,as an enemy,was mentioned before in the story than its story. we know him before the moment chopper joined the mugiwara. He's also the responsible of the ace's death. Oda showed him to us like the antagonist!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The only character at present that I can see as Luffy's last opponent is obviously Blackbeard. It would be interesting to see if BB and Akainu clash before Luffy's final battle for OP!?

Luffy will hopefully KO Akainu before the long-awaited clash with Blackbeard anyway.

You could never rule out another character that has yet to be introduced to us thus far as Luffy's last opponent... ><

I'm sticking with BB.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still betting the final battle in One piece will be something like a triple threat match. Strawhats vs BB pirates vs Government. In this battle would be where Luffy would fight Blackbeard.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

If Akainu is the new fleet admiral,so he will be the last opponent,if not,the last will be BB

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for BB, but of late events I had to change my mind. To be precise, it was WB's last words.

Luffy will fight BB for the throne of PK. Means somewhere on the way or maybe on Raftet itself. The WG battle will happen after One Piece is found, which means the WG is their last foe.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see a battle not unlike Marine Ford somewhere near the end with Luffy and his allies and WB's old crew and so on making a huge battle against the world government. And if this were to happen, chances are it would mean someone personal to SH Luffy would be in danger. Yes, I know it sounds a bit like a redo of the Save Ace arc, however it would make sense for a couple reasons:

1) "The last age is called whitebeard" - Whitebeard waged a battle of never-before-seen proportions against the World Government which trully showed his epicness even though he didn't really 'win'. So how does Luffy overcome the name of the former greatest pirates in the world? With Roger he just has to find One Piece and I am sure he will get a lot of acknowledgement for going where noone except for Roger has ever gone before. But whitebeard is probably the second greatest, and what better way to show how powerful (influence-wise) Luffy has become then to wage another war on a government stronghold for whatever reason, except have this battle be very obviously successful. I mean, Luffy makes A HELLA ALOT of allies so even without a huge personal crew, I can see him gathering an army for some huge event with companions from all former arcs.

2) "I'm not strong enough to protect anyone" - As repeditive as that is, there is nothing better as far as showing Luffy's strength having risen to the level he is satisfied with then showcasing the fact that now even the World Government which managed to steal one of the Legendary White Beard's Nakama and execute him cannot do the same for Luffy and his Nakama beause Luffy has risen just so damn further in the world then even whitebeard. And lets face it, being strong enough to stop his nakama getting hurt is almost like a secondary goal, just as big as finding One Piece, and this would be a great way to juxtapose it against the Ace event and show the difference.
    Last edited by Boris999; December 11, 2010 at 12:12 AM.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the World Government will capture one of the Strawhats. That was already done with Robin (and Franky), and do you think the Strawhats would let one of their nakamas leave them and go elsewhere to get captured. That would be possible if the Strawhats were to have split, and they would gather again to save one of them.

That does not seem very possible to me : Roger is a special case, he split the Roger Pirates because he was going to die of illness and wanted to create One Piece for the next pirate generation to come. The Strawhat Pirates are likely to go one after One Piece because there Grand Line is not the only place to sail: Roger Pirates and Red Haired Pirates both sailed in the four seas for years.

There is also the problem that the Roger Pirates were never caught and as a Strawhat, I doubt one of Luffy's nakama will be captured after he became the Pirate King. Well, they would be way too stronger. After all, according to our knowledge, none of the Roger Pirates were ever killed by the World Government except Roger who surrounded himself in order to make people sail for One Piece.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the last opponent will be the Blsckbeard pirates. its almost to obvious, i mean Blackbeard is like exactly like luffy in a way. its a long way in between though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy vs. Smoker & Coby

Zoro vs. Tashigi & Hellemppo

That will be close to the end...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xeteboi's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Red-Hair could it be.. because Luffy said he will surpass Shanks.
    Shanks will never an opponent of Luffy because as Whitebeared have said, Shanks made a bet in the New World. he is a supporter of Luffy for him to become a pirate King.. Shanks doesnt dream of becoming a pirate king but blackbeared does.And im sure shanks is aware of that will of "D".

1.Blackbeared
    2.Coby
    3.WG"five elders"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict it's gonna be Coby. It would make the ending very significant if Luffy has to pit himself against a very old friend (since chapter 2-3) in order to win the treasure that he set out to sea for.

BB most likely won't be the last; maybe second/third last. He's easily despised by most of us, which means that the fight will be pretty much one-sided; everybody's rooting for Luffy to win. In this case, there isn't much merit to talk about for the final battle; it's gonna be just a good-guy-versus-bad-guy fight like all the arcs we have seen so far, except that the effects get flashier only.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeswu View Post
    I predict it's gonna be Coby. It would make the ending very significant if Luffy has to pit himself against a very old friend (since chapter 2-3) in order to win the treasure that he set out to sea for.

BB most likely won't be the last; maybe second/third last. He's easily despised by most of us, which means that the fight will be pretty much one-sided; everybody's rooting for Luffy to win. In this case, there isn't much merit to talk about for the final battle; it's gonna be just a good-guy-versus-bad-guy fight like all the arcs we have seen so far, except that the effects get flashier only.
    Maybe oda made BB look weak pre time skip.Wait till we see BB after the timeskip.He could have mastered both DF powers.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaiSiaoSiao View Post
    Maybe oda made BB look weak pre time skip.Wait till we see BB after the timeskip.He could have mastered both DF powers.
    Apologies if I've given the wrong impression, but I was not intending to emphasise the power gap between Luffy and BB, rather, more on the significance of the final battle. Surely it would be more fitting for a final battle to be somewhat controversial (2 'good' guys against each other), rather than very one-sided? (Good vs Bad)

New Reply
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast