Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who Will be the Last Opponent

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

17 37.78%
  • Akainu

4 8.89%
  • Gorosei

13 28.89%
  • Tenryuubito

0 0%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • X Drake

0 0%
  • Law

0 0%
  • Kaido

1 2.22%
  • Big Mom

0 0%
  • Buggy

1 2.22%
  • Doflamingo

2 4.44%
  • Other (specify)

7 15.56%
New Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the last opponent?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Astral_Shive's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Who will be the last opponent ?

I know that he was executed i know i know

But you really dont know what actually is in the last island......
    maybe some coping machines
    ????

What if Roger use one stay there and sent his copy to kill
    and if luffy come on island he will see roger and his crew there?

hmmmmmmmmm
    Even for me that sound too unrealistic...........................

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Freakzin's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the last opponent ?

He could have eaten the Bunshin Bunshin No Mi , i know there can`t be fruits with that many letters but you get the idea of the fruits, so he can have maximum 2 copies and him at the same time. You only kill him if you get all 3 of them. It`s a possibility

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the last opponent ?

Guys, it's a long shot . But really who knows what Oda might come up with.

Blackbeard seems to me as the last opponent, and i think him and Luffy(Straw hats) are going to travel along the grand line simultaneously - eventually, at the Raftel they'll meet, and the BIG brawl will find place.

But i so want to learn more about the Shank-Blackbeard relationship. Somehow i see Shanks being NEARLY defeated by Blackbeard.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Marshall D. "Blackbeard" Teach - One Piece's Final Boss

Marshall D. “Blackbeard” Teach – One Piece's Final Boss

So here I will describe, in a descriptive and thoughtful manner, my favourite antagonist and the man I would put quite a large amount of money on to be the Final Antagonist the Strawhat's must overcome in One Piece. It's a large call, and we all know trying to predict Oda is about as difficult pulling an airplane with your teeth. Few people can do it, but even then not all the time. I don't claim to know Oda, 90% of my predictions are wrong, but this is something I have a good hunch on and have been saying it for quite some time in random threads that Kurohige appears in. So to describe my reasoning in a nice thread of it's own rather than typing it in everything he appears in (which is a lot lately since he defeated Ace); here we go.

The Man:

Blackbeard has a character which is both unique and a collection of many of Oda's character creation normalities. Here I will dissect the character himself without little reference to his actions and One Piece history.

Marshall D. “Blackbeard” Teach is, by name alone, already a highly important character. We can dissect his name into two major components. Firstly, both his last name and nickname are a homage to Oda's favourite character (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Edwar...afavpirate_0-0) the real-life Edward “Blackbeard” Teach (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Edward_Teach). One of the most notorious pirates of the Carribbean and America known for multiple successes against both marine forces and other pirates, Blackbeard led a powerful force which was eventually defeated by 2 sloops (ships) and 60 naval officers after a long chase. Though a lot of the fleshy Blackbeard's actions are relatively impossible to parallel to the inky Blackbeard (particularly given our Blackbeard's incomplete history), two important points stick out from his actions:
    1. Blackbeard spent most of his early life apprenticed to a prominent, but honourable, pirate. (Parallel to his time with Whitebeard)
    2. After much pirateering, Blackbeard and his most trusted crew turned themselves in, in exchange for a pardon and retained command of his ship, though eventually reverted back to his pirate ways. (Parallel to his uptake of Shichibukai status)

The second part of Blackbeard's namesake is the elusive fourth letter of the alphabet which has created discussions for a decade of One Piece: D. Oda does not bestow these gems lightly, they are the equivalent to a V.I.P ticket for the Oscars and their bearers are all privy to major plot changing events of One Piece. Of the seven D's revealled thus far:
    • TWO are deceased, though have been involved in dramatic plot events (Pirate Era for Gol and Ohara for Saul) quite possibly relating to their own namesake.
    • FOUR are of the same direct bloodline and are each famed far and wide for different reasons.
    • ONE is the only living D who does not exist directly within this famed bloodline (to our current knowledge).
    Speculating the Will of D is not what this thread will focus on, but instead I will just note that no character has been given the D initial and faded easily into obscurity. Saul is easily the most arguable point on this, but I weigh Saul's contribution next to Robin's. Every D carries a sweeping change to everything they pass and few escape their vicinity without witnessing some sort of change.

Now (finally), I'll leave the heritage of Blackbeard's name and examine the fictional character's design and appeal to a writer (Oda) and audience (Us). Blackbeard's character design is, by comparison to some of the outrageous and hip character designs of One Piece, rather lacklustre. Though his mangy black hair, partially toothless grin and obese build result in a partially unique character, nothing is particularly memorable. Even the Blackbeard for which he is known is nothing more than a dirty stubble outlining his jawline. However, if I was a cartoonist (which I'm not), and I was asked to draw a stereotypical pirate by my vision, Blackbeard would quite possibly be the result (though he'd probably have a poofey shirt and some tight leather). Intact with unkempt hair, useless jewelled trinkets, gold trimmed captains jacket and pirate tricone, I would be hard pressed finding a more stereotypical pirate amongst the One Piece cast (Zoro would be my next closest).

Personality wise, Blackbeard is a little different from most. Though we indeed have seen ambitious and greedy pirates in One Piece (Crocodile notably), Blackbeard and his crew are particularly interested in fate and it's hold on people and the world. Blackbeard despises those who do not dream for the heights, and eyes those who fate favours whilst thinking he himself is also chosen by fate. Whether he is or not is a contentious issue as he has been proven to be quite lucky (by running into Ace he secured the Shichibukai position he sought) but also slightly deluded (believing the Yami Yami no Mi chose him, though it did actually fall into the hands of Thatch first). To follow up on this, fate and destiny is mentioned by Oda with great weight and it is a concept of the One Piece world which could be dwelled into with great depth.

A pirate spirit that can sacrifice lives for the sake of ambition/dream!!
    Picture with huge speech balloons and tiny characters
    Blackbeard: "The ambition of a man!!! Will never end!!!!"
    He has the same attitude as Luffy when it comes to ambition! The only difference is that Teach could resort to underhand means to achieve his ambitions.
    - Yellow Databook: http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost...99&postcount=5
    The Yami Yami no Mi, without particularly going into specifics of it's strength, is both unique and highly useful to plot. The element of darkness itself is easily associated with major antagonists and Oda has even gone so far as to combine it with gravity which is an element which has hold over almost every other element as far as science is determined. Rather than simply make the darkness element a normal logia type, Oda has tweaked it to make it severely unique in that the damage cannot be nullified via elementalising the user, and in fact the damage is supposedly heightened. This unusual handicap plus the devil fruit nullification ability kind of balance out, but suddenly this feels like a lot of effort has been made towards a devil fruit when typically most antagonists are just given an ability and four to five different ways they abuse its power before luffy sends them flying. No writer makes effort lightly and the only fruits I have seen thus far with so much variety in application are probably Gomu Gomu no Mi (Luffy - gears), Goro Goro no Mi (Enel – Best Logia demonstration so far), Kage Kage no Mi (Moria – overwhelming control over shadows) and Nikyu Nikyu no Mi (Kuma – Best Parmecia demonstration so far).

Finally (for now), Blackbeard's crew is just as important as the man himself. No self important final boss would be there to take down an entire crew/army by himself and only idiotic bad guys who monologue and make ten stage plans that can be easily foiled do this (read: most bad guys everywhere ever. James Bond, Captain Planet and most Marvel comic franchises are good for this). Five named crewmembers (six if you count the horse) have already been revealed for the Blackbeard crew which puts it behind quite a few pirate crews such as Thriller Bark (quite a few small names for zombies), Baroque Works (so many numbers!), Kuja Pirates (though the warriors may not technically be pirates), Foxy Pirates (also many small names), Sunny Pirates (if you include Arlong Pirates) and the Strawhats. Technically, I would only put Blackbeard's behind the Strawhat's for pirate crews as most of the above included two page characters (Foxy, Kuja, Moria) or over a couple of different arcs (BW, Sunny). Four of the five named crewmembers have their names also tied in with known historical pirates (Blackbeard, Van Auger, Jesus Burgess, Laffite), and though this isn't quite a V.I.P ticket to One Piece's greatest events like the D initial, it is also nothing to be taken lightly else Oda is wasting his time with meaningless research. Of many known pirate crews, Blackbeard's is the only one in which positions other than “Fighter”, “Gooder Fighter” and “Goodest Fighter” as we have Auger the Sniper, Burgess the Helmsman, Doc Q the Doctor and Laffite the Navigator. So to summarise this long paragraph, Blackbeard's crew is well defined and has been given a surprising amount of effort for enemies who aren't to be dispatched within the same arc they were introduced.

The Legend:

Blackbeard, despite his few appearances on screen/paper, has caused a sweeping change through the world. Those who have met him have left with an impression, and his actions so far in One Piece speak louder than the few paragraphs I will type following this statement.

Our earliest knowledge of Blackbeard and his motley crew comes from two scarce mentions before his actual appearance. Firstly, Dalton mentions the attack from the Blackbeard pirates which forced their king Wapol to flee without throwing up any resistance. Though I instinctively tagged Blackbeard as “bad-guy”, a thought crept into my head that, because of Wapol's runner, Blackbeard Pirates may have actually freed the Drum Empire from his villainy. This, however, was expertly quashed by Oda a mere 20 chapters later as Ace is introduced with his mission of hunting Blackbeard who killed one of Whitebeard's own crew, a nakama of his own. My tagging of Blackbeard pirates changed with this, however I saw the new antagonists more as a means for Luffy and Ace to meet later down the track and fight a common nemesis.

His first appearance in Jaya did nothing more than reinforce this whilst giving Blackbeard all the signs he would be an enemy to be met sooner rather than later. Even though it was unusual for an enemy to be revealed and not defeated in the same arc, Oda had already begun to build some useful long term antagonists with Smoker and Mihawk already by this stage, so adding another seemed inconsequential. At the same time, Blackbeard illustrated the same persona as the other long time antagonists by, though having quite a fearsome reputation, making a likable character in ignoring DoFlamingo's gang though his crew gave a cruel impression of their own with their games of fate. It was at this time Laffite also suggested Blackbeard as a Shichibukai replacement to the WG, and though I thought this was impressive, I still just logged Blackbeard as a mid-tier Shichibukai that would be defeated when Luffy reunites with Ace probably in a couple of arcs time.

However, it was not until after the Water7/Enies Lobby arc that everyone begun to pay attention to the Blackbeard. Within the matter of 10 chapters, not only was Blackbeard given a great threat level by Shanks, the Yonkou captain who had always, to me, looked like Luffy's final boss, but also defeated Ace with an ease we thought impossible. The meeting between Whitebeard and Shanks was always one of high interest between us as it was impossible to guess the reason for it. A common front against the WG was a likely guess, but for the large amount of effort the both obviously underwent to break through marine forces just to talk about Blackbeard seemed very peculiar. Not only this, but Shanks' infamous scar over his eye was accredited to the former member of Whitebeard's crew and I would go so far as to say I can detect a level of fear from the tone of the red-haired's words. Sure, I'll never go so far as to say “Blackbeard can totally pwn Shanks without even trying”, but surely you cannot read over Shanks' words to Whitebeard and believe there is not a level of fear there. He may be concerned for Ace, but even then I expect, more than that, he is concerned for the world and would rather Whitebeard stayed his hand and keep Ace for a larger battle.
    The person who left three scars on Shanks' face!!
    Shanks: "What hurts the most now is this scar...!!!"
    Shanks got the scars on his face during his battle with Blackbeard. Able to injure Shanks without the help of the Dark Dark Fruit, Blackbeard's power should be considered as incredible...?!
    Words are, of course, meaningless in the face of actions as the build up for the Ace v Blackbeard showdown appeared over 2 glorious chapters. The entire battle was completely unpredictable by anyone's standards and we were left with ominous words which, as we now know, eventually resulted in Whitebeard openly attacking the World Government. The power Blackbeard displayed was definitely unique and though the battle is still discussed in terms of how close it actually was, with Blackbeard as the winner I'm going to lean slightly upon my bias here for a bit and ignore all the guys/girls who are hot for Ace. From how I read the two chapter fight, Blackbeard was probably given his first true battle with his new Devil Fruit and he came out relatively unscathed. Sure, he took quite a few hits which is uncommon, but when Blackbeard nullified Ace's greatest ability, the ability to elementalise himself and allow damage to pass through, it simply became a glorified fist fight. And in this glorified fist fight, Ace was the first to recognise the raw strength of Blackbeard which could break the neck of Whitebeard's second division captain. Ace was able to counter beyond the handicap which was unexpectedly forced upon him, but even with all the fire in the world at his command and a dragonball-esque spirit bomb in his hand, Blackbeard did not only emerge victorious (but I won't say unscathed, as the end is not completely shown), but also quite possibly stronger for the experience against a real opponent.

After this fight everyone, myself notably more apparantly, took notice of Blackbeard in a new light as a contender for the strongest pirate of One Piece. Though arguments often come down to his short range melee fighting style and that he takes more damage than anyone physically should be able to, I'm only here to relay the facts of his power in terms of the story so I won't post what I haven't already posted in other Blackbeard V <insertstrongguyhere> threads. Though we already guessed Blackbeard would replace Crocodile if he captured Ace, we only had to wait another few chapters for the confirmation from another Shichibukai: Kuma. Now I'm as much a fan of Kuma as I am of Blackbeard, so I take anything the rather unpredictable Shichibukai says alongside words from Oda himself. As Kuma alerts Moria of the new appointment, there is one quote I want you to pay attention to:
    “Well, it's good that they've managed to fill the empty spot. That should bring back the world's equilibrium or whatever, right?” “....No. In my opinion, the situation would seem to indicate the exact opposite...but no matter.”
    - Moria and Kuma: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/474/13/
    Though we can easily admit Blackbeard is more of an opponent than Crocodile would ever be, the balance of the world is not so delicate that by filling in the gap for a Shichibukai the balance would tip in the favour of one side. This may sound like an off-comment to some, but to me it's more Oda foreshadowing that Blackbeard is a force to be reckoned with, but more than that it's a sign that the WG is aiming for the end of the pirate era and Blackbeard is the extra force they have been searching for. However, I'm sure they are as aware as we are that Blackbeard has plans inside plans and did not accept the Shichibukai title just because it makes him feel stronger. We know Blackbeard spent a good decade or so with Whitebeard just to have the opportunity of finding a rare Devil Fruit, so his reasons for joining the Shichibukai are probably also not so black-and-white. Combine this with some words from Oda's yellow databook and we have an enemy who is as unpredictable as Oda:
    He killed his companion in order to fight for ownership of the Dark Dark Fruit. Once the time is ripe, he starts to roll out the plans which he has been hatching for a long time!!
    Finally we have Blackbeard with the Shichibukai readying himself for Whitebeard's assault, and though by the time the confrontation actually happens this thread will possibly be archived, I will mention it here that it is almost because of Blackbeard that the WG has declared war. I can predict that Blackbeard will defeat Whitebeard and all sorts of crazy things, but for now this is where our facts with Blackbeard and his history end. Everything else is for the future (10 more years of One Piece, whoohoo!)

The Final Boss:

By comparison, from both a writer's and reader's perspectives, there are very few currently viable “Final Bosses”. The obvious candadites currently, excluding Blackbeard himself, consist of Shanks, Whitebeard, Dragon, an admiral (leaving it vague for now) and the Gorousei. I will gloss over each one below before returning to my rant topic, but first I just have to say that my prediction of Blackbeard being the final boss is given with comparison to these other viable final bosses. I acknowledge that, given One Piece is only “half full”, someone else may appear in the future that will change my mind. So for now, this is how I view the others as possible Final Bosses with my personal ranking of how likely I feel they would be:
    1. Shanks – Shanks is, though a Yonkou and extremely powerful, a friend of Luffy's, and by extension, his crew. Though Shanks is one of Luffy's aims and someone Luffy may have to fight, an epic battle of friend versus friend just doesn't have the same emotion a battle to dictate the direction of the world would have. So though a Shanks fight would be epic and excellent and may even happen, because of their similar creeds it would be a battle where it really doesn't matter who wins. One Piece hasn't had any of these battles yet.
    2. Admiral – I would like to put money on Aokoji, but as we are yet to see Akainu (and I still think Smoker is moving up ranks fast), I won't give a name. Nevertheless, a marine enemy is an easy enemy for Oda to write and they are all quite powerful. Luffy would easily be pressed against any admiral, whether he has Haki in the future or not, so I see it as also likely. That said, I just don't feel they rate to Blackbeard and all they would do would be to deny the One Piece to Luffy rather than claim it for their own. In that way, it makes it more a battle that Luffy could flee from and come back tomorrow and try again for. Of course, it's also possible that the WG could throw any number of plot elements alongside an Admiral like Pluton. It's only number 2 because I can't figure out which Admiral I would throw against them and only Aokoji and Smoker have really been fleshed out half decently so far.
    3. Dragon – Well, it's been predicted by a lot of people, but I put Dragon here more because of popular opinion rather than my actual beliefs. Dragon is trying to free the world of the WG, so I'm still wondering why he'd ever fight Luffy unless its about his mother, brother, grandpa etc or Dragon is doing something evil for the greater good. Either reason to me makes it more a family squabble than an epic fight the Strawhat's can all join in on. Most wanted criminal or not, I imagine Dragon's most powerful weapon is his mouth and though he's probably strong he's probably also not one who would fight Luffy.
    4. Whitebeard – Well he is “The Strongest Man in the World”, but he'll be dead soon so he's only here as an obligatory cameo.
    5. Gorousei – Combine them with the Admirals, and they're number 1. On their own, they're just five old geezers with one sword and lots of silly hair. Did the English get Queen Elizabeth to settle any squabbles instead of the military herself? No, same thing applies as the Gorousei are just kings/dictators and nothing more.

So back to Blackbeard. Though 1 and 2 are quite possible in my opinion, I don't feel they weigh against our unlovable obese Blackbeard. When you combine his character with the many many numerous hints from Oda that set up Blackbeard as the final boss, I cannot fault him. The final boss should be an opposite from the main protagonist, have the ability to destroy their hopes and dreams and spark a battle which can not be rivalled again. Blackbeard has already shown to be similar to Luffy in respect to dreams and hopes, meaning that if one would be to win and obtain the One Piece, the other's dreams would be crushed. Blackbeard, unlike Luffy, would resort to underhanded means to get the One Piece and is a great planner, both things that Luffy would never do. Finally, the great battle at the end will surely involve all the Strawhat's, but more importantly it would need to be Luffy v Blackbeard mano e mano. Knowing Oda, there will be much more to a final battle than the 1 on 1, and though I count Blackbeard's crew I wouldn't put it past Smoker or Shanks for massive cameos in an epic confrontation of grand line proportions.

To me, Blackbeard can quite easily tick all the boxes three times over while others can usually tick them after much deliberation. If a story has a finale in which black and white is lost and grey takes over, sometimes the story ends with a feeling of disappointment. Black and white was gone from stories such as Code Geass, Darker than Black, Black Cat and Negima, and they all struggled in some of those bits as we all tried to wrap our head around it with mixed feelings. One Piece has never had shades of grey throughout fights, when Luffy sends something flying with a punch, the enemy, for the entire fight, is Black and White and this is always what happens in all the greatest battles. Arlong, Crocodile, Enel and Lucchi are all the greatest Luffy v enemy battles because the enemy has been there to crush Luffy's hopes and dreams which has thrown Luffy into a frantic determined state where he cannot be defeated.

Summary:

So in summary, Blackbeard > you. Character + build up + build-up-to-come-in-the-future = final boss and Blackbeard meets this formula. Discuss away, I'm tired after typing all this. I might as well have called it “Bittman Reviews – Chapter Blackbeard”, cleaned it up and thrown in some pretty pictures, but you can't have everything. Maybe I will later to make it easier on the eyes rather than looking over all my links and quotes.

EDIT: Crap I wrote a lot. I'm really going to have to add pictures. And a wall of text warning...

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

5. Thanks 16 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marshall D. "Blackbeard" Teach - One Piece's Final Boss

And I thought that I write essays on One Piece. This is quite masterful bittman, both in the thought and in the presentation.

I agree with you completely that Blackbeard will be the final opponent, and you have presented the evidence for that belief beautifully. I personally think that Blackbeard has been cast by Oda as the "anti-Luffy", the foil for our hero. He's dark, he's selfish, he believes in fate whereas Luffy believes in freedom, he killed his crew-mate, Luffy gives up his life for his crew-mates ever time he shifts into Gear 2nd, he attracts things, Luffy repels them... The symbolism runs quite thick. Blackbeard is a twisted, evil "D." to counter the pure-hearted "D." in Luffy, and with such opposition, how could he NOT be the final boss? I've had a theory as to the ending of One Piece for nearly 2 years now, since I caught up, and it includes Blackbeard as the final challenge for Luffy to overcome to gain One Piece. I think that in about 10 years or so, we are going to see what bittman has said here come to pass. When the war finally breaks, we may already see it begin.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking about writing a post about Blackbeard since he is so pivotal. While pondering I came to the conclusion that he is in a way, Luffys natural enemy. While Luffy isn't dependent on his powers entirely when it comes to fighting the powers he does need are strange side effects of him being rubber.

Gear 2nd works since Luffys heart, lungs and veins can handle all the increased pressure. Gear 3rd does some magic with air in his bones. Blackbeard becomes lethal to Luffy if he stops Luffy from being rubber without stopping the effects.

If he attacks Blackbeard with Gear 2nd there is a dangerous possibility that Luffy would have a massive heart attack and possibly see his heart explode. If he's using Gear 3rd he could lose and arm when his balloon limbs have no way to hold in the air. For something as massive as say a Bone Balloon Axe it wouldn't make sense for it to simply go back to normal.

Ace only used ranged attacks after Blackbeard caught him the first time. If his fire could still damage Blackbeard there must have been a reason for him to stop turning into fire himself. Maybe there's a side effect of Logias that we haven't seen since there's never been any Seastone around when the bastards show up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blackbeard showed up at Impel Down somehow. He knows Luffy and Ace are brothers and is smart enough to exploit that.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, I praise you on your wonderful essay. And I agree Blackbeard is going to be the final enemy (if I didnt I'm sure you would've convinced me anyway).
    He has a god-like devil fruit and he shares the same dream as Luffy. He is similar to Luffy in many ways e.g. they are both extremely determined, have great endurance: characteristics befitting one with the Will of D. However they also have their differences e.g. ideas in fate/freedom, morals etc.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn man did you have to beat up your keyboard that much just to say Blackbeard was the Final Boss?

*Editing for Obligatory Large Essay*

And Yes I agree with you and your wonderfully long essay. In fact I think the general consensus for a while has been BB=Final Villain.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; January 20, 2009 at 03:00 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MrHim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i still think that there will be 3 generation with 3 different background for the final OP battle

luffy&ace (pirate) vs. garp (marine) vs. dragon (revolutionary)
    i have a dream - martin luther king jr.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly hope he is not the final boss... Blackbeard isn't cool.

HIs devil fruit power seems now just like an imitation of Haki. His crew is all right but they don't

scream out best crew. I mean a tap dancer and masked wrestler and a sick guy....?? Eiichiro

could and has made crews that are much better in abilities and costume design. Kidd or one of

the other supernovas should be the rival/final opponent. I mean if the last villain is going to be

some one old. It should be Gol D. Roger. Blackbeard lacks the DON feeling. I mean if anything

he gives a womp womp feeling Xd. All you have to do to beat blackbeard is hit him until he

drops, really. His body does absorb more pain than anything else. Luffy with haki will negate

blackbeards stupid useless powers. Blackbeard is just a guy with a strong punch. Luffy is

used to being hit unlike Ace. Its done.

Moderator message by: Imitorar
    Please don't add sentences that serve only to bash a character in your posts.
    Last edited by Imitorar; January 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Pointless bashing removed
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SamxFIN's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Either BLackbeard, One of the supernovas, Admiral, Dragon, Whitebeard or Shanks is gonna fight against Luffy in the final battle. But since it is the battle for the title of being the pirate king i suppose i should drop marines and dragon out of this...

What if it isnt going to be 1 vs. 1 battle? What if BB, Luffy and Kidd arrive at the Raftel in the same day to search for One piece. Or some other combination of pirates including luffy...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Beard has always struck me as the final "Boss" type as well. His ambitions are greater than simply becoming a Schichibukai and enjoying the perks, his selfishness exceeds these things. That said, there are still too many paralells between he and Luffy for the two to be considered antitheses.

But hey, for all we know the final fight could be against Poseidon or Pluton.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Imitorar: Thanks, and good analysis yourself there of BB v Luffy.

@ furrot: Never though of the possibility for heart attack, it's quite scary when you do though. I doubt BB will turn up at Impel Down, he has no reason to find Luffy since he got his title.

@ Gecko Moria: Thanks also

@ Onomatopoeia: Thanks, and yes my keyboard is bleeding

@ MrHim: I already said no to Dragon, why would the one who is trying to change the world fight Luffy to stop Luffy changing the world? Also, a family brawl is lame. Might as well just get the other strawhat's to watch idly by and place bets on who the mother is.

@ mugen: Yami Yami fruit >>>> Haki. Did Rayleigh stop Kizaru from using light? Did he draw him in with gravity? Did he absorb the element into his darkness? I would seriously also not put it past Blackbeard to have haki since we know he was the scar-giver to Shanks. Also, don't make fruitless claims about how haki works, we still have next to no idea.

And really, hit Blackbeard till he drops? Somehow I thought Ace's spirit bomb would kind of burn everything to a fine dust, yet Blackbeard seems to be quite fine in more recent shots. And yet again you've given Haki a power akin to cancelling everything. If this was the case how did Marigold and Sandroseia lose to Luffy? They should have just Haki'ed up and completely stopped Luffy from being rubber making his gears useless. Case in Point: Haki is not defined, don't give it some superpower which combines Seastones, Mantra and Super Saiyan level-up.

@ SamxFIN: Well I discounted all your other suggestions except Kidd and the combo of people. Firstly, what's the obsession with Kidd by people lately? Is it because he is the only higher "live" bounty than Luffy's at the moment? Kidd also only has 3 unique crewman, 2 unnamed. A Kidd v Luffy fight would also be quite lame by my prediction, I'd rather magneto fought Zoro. As for the combo, I didn't rule it out in my prediction. I just said, when all is said and done Luffy's final enemy will be Blackbeard. Other people turning up at the same time is quite likely, but it will definitely be a 1 on 1 fight. Would Luffy truly call himself the pirate king if he won in a massive free-for-all where everyone was half dead before he delivered his gomu gomu no xxxxxxxx?

@ GreyEidolon: I didn't say complete opposite, because really there is currently no complete opposite to Luffy. Luffy's opposite would have to be a marine, who is evil-hearted, doesn't care about people, fights alone and does not want the One Piece. Gorousei are the closest to this, and though they could use Poseidon or Pluton (which would be their best bet), Luffy's final fight will seriously not be against a ship. How do you hype up a ship as the final enemy a human has to face?

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think I misinterpreted something in your post, or at least confused it with something else entirely somehow, so I apologize for that, ha ha.

Anyway, the Poseidon/Pluton thing was sort of a half-hearted joke. Well I certainly think we haven't heard the last of them, I doubt that they are going to be the last obstacle Luffy will have to overcome. Either way, it's a moot point considering you're just suggesting that Black Beard is the last big adversary Luffy will have to defeat.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Griffith's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive post, really enjoyed reading it all. BB crew always had this final boss aura for me, I mean Van Auger vs Usopp, Nami vs Laffite, Doc Q vs Chopper...it quickly gave me the impression that they would eventually clash and after the fight with Ace the thought of BB being final boss really gained strength, and after your post it has gained even more strength for me ^^

About the final boss options I never thought about Dragon as an enemy, imo if they ever fight it would be because they disagree on something, like Dragon wants him to join but Luffy prefers to continue his journey etç...a bit off-topic but maybe Dragon heard about WB attack and is going to attack too and he will meet Luffy now who knows :S

New Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast