Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who Will be the Last Opponent

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

17 37.78%
  • Akainu

4 8.89%
  • Gorosei

13 28.89%
  • Tenryuubito

0 0%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • X Drake

0 0%
  • Law

0 0%
  • Kaido

1 2.22%
  • Big Mom

0 0%
  • Buggy

1 2.22%
  • Doflamingo

2 4.44%
  • Other (specify)

7 15.56%
New Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the last opponent?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marshall D. "Blackbeard" Teach - One Piece's Final Boss

I see posting in this thread is stupid. If I don't agree I can't post here?? wtf
    Anyhow ok my statements are fruitless?? But how is it you know yami yami fruit is greater than haki?? Like I said even if Blackbeard still has his devil fruit power, it won't take away Luffy's super strength. If blackbeard has haki, wouldn't it make the whole point of his devil fruit uselesS? He could have hit Ace without the devil fruit power.
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Grey: No probs, and I don't see fighting a battleship as a joke. Just not as the final boss =P

@ Griffith: Yeah, his crew gave me that impression too. Ideas on why Dragon and Luffy might fight are probably spot on.

@ mugen: where did I say "DONT POST HERE AGAIN!!"? I countered your post with an argument, I didn't call your argument fruitless, I called your claim on haki fruitless (meaning, without solid backing). Yami Yami is automatically greater than Haki due to the gravity power up and that, whilst touching them, Blackbeard had complete nullification on Ace's power at that moment. You're right in saying the darkness won't take away Luffy's monstrous strength, that of course will be a benefit to Luffy. And finally: you jumped back on your assumption that Haki is like throwing seastone into the air. If Ace is really the second division captain of Whitebeard, he has seen Haki before and who knows if he has any countermeasures to it.

Also, if I appeared to have gotten on your nerve with my response, I'm sorry and it was not my intention.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    @ Grey: No probs, and I don't see fighting a battleship as a joke. Just not as the final boss =P

@ Griffith: Yeah, his crew gave me that impression too. Ideas on why Dragon and Luffy might fight are probably spot on.

@ mugen: where did I say "DONT POST HERE AGAIN!!"? I countered your post with an argument, I didn't call your argument fruitless, I called your claim on haki fruitless (meaning, without solid backing). Yami Yami is automatically greater than Haki due to the gravity power up and that, whilst touching them, Blackbeard had complete nullification on Ace's power at that moment. You're right in saying the darkness won't take away Luffy's monstrous strength, that of course will be a benefit to Luffy. And finally: you jumped back on your assumption that Haki is like throwing seastone into the air. If Ace is really the second division captain of Whitebeard, he has seen Haki before and who knows if he has any countermeasures to it.

Also, if I appeared to have gotten on your nerve with my response, I'm sorry and it was not my intention.
    It wasn't you. It was the mod...
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    It wasn't you. It was the mod...
    I removed nothing from your post except "fuck blackbeard" in spoiler tags. The rest of your post was a perfectly valid challenge to bittman's theory, and so it was left. What I deleted, however, was nothing but pointless bashing, as I said in my edit to your post, and bashing characters is against the rules. It leads to nothing but rudeness and flamewars, and we try to avoid that. If you wish to discuss the matter further, feel free to PM me, but for now, please keep the discussion in this thread exclusively on the topic of Blackbeard as the final villain in One Piece.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a great essay bittman. And I agree with you totally, though I have thought that pretty much everybody allready considered BB as the final boss. I think it is quite obvious, but I see that not all agree. But there really is some reasonable argument against this too, but I still stick with BB being the final.

At the moment he was introduced I knew he was big. Well, to be exact it was after the speech he gave when Bellamy beat Luffy. Not the cherrypie argument with Luffy. A guy with a look of an villain, D in his name, goal/dream far greater than any normal arc boss, the foreshadowing of the the name Blackbeard (Ace, Drum, Oda naming him his fav reallife pirate). And the way Zoro and Luffy sensed him and his crew in Mocktown. Capturing Ace pretty much was the final nail in the coffin. I'm greatly surprised if he isn't the final challege. Or final villain, I'm still waiting final challenge being Laboon ^^;

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Blackbeard is after one of the two ancient warships? He strikes me as the "World Domination" type, and it's possible that he became a Shicibukai in order to get closer to obtaining one in a manner similar to how he joined Whitebeard to get closer to the Devil's fruit he wanted. Okay, that's basically just baseless speculation, but Pluton's deck could be a very fitting battlefield for the confrontation.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member street_san's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read the big essai of Bittman with careful eyes, such as all the answers and I think I'm ready to say why I'm totally against (important to mention it xD) the fact that Marshall D "BlackBeard" Teach could be the final boss.

Ace

BlackBeard is, and with no further discussion, one of the strongest villains in the world of One Piece. To kill a member of the WhiteBeard crew, and escaping without beeing caught is, for me, a big thing. Further more, to be able to beat one of WB strongest soldier is something that we can't denied. But, even if we know all that, I can't just accept the fact that BB could be the last Boss.

When Luffy was still in Thriller Bark and knew the existence of what we call the Biblicard, even knowing that Ace life was vanishing, he said something really important about Ace

Luffy: [...] Even he was in some kind of trouble, he wouldn't want me to worry... Ace hates beeing made to look weak. If we went to help him, he'd just get pissed off. If we do meet up, it'll be as enemy pirates. Ace has is own adventure to lead!

My source: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/490/05/

Pay attentions to those words: Ace hates beeing made to look weak, and Ace has is own adventure to lead. Ace, just like Luffy or Whitebeard is a man of pride. Marshall D. Teach is one of HE'S antagonist. If by any chance Luffy was to fight against Teach, it would've mean that Ace is to "weak" to fight BlackBeard. By other words, this fight would've cause Ace having a enormous grudge against he's little brother.

Even if Ace is in prison by the time we are talking, I doubt he already lost the will of beating Blackbeard. Dont forget that "killing BB" was a mission giving to him by he's "father", Whitebeard, and by any chance he wouldn't want to finish this mission. All nakamas of the Whitebeard crew are "brothers and sisters". Killing one of their "brothers" is the worse "sin" you could've make towars WB. Knowing that, Ace would've forgive BB for doing that. So even if he have to put is life on the line, I put my finger on fire that Ace want to beat BB, and no one else.

Whitebeard

Throughout the story of One Piece, the villain that "EVERY ONE" (except Shanks cause he's a boss xD) fear is Whitebeard. This guy is so strong that he was one of the only pirate who could cause trouble to Gold Roger. Knowing how Rayleigh is strong, I can't even imagine how he's captain had to be insanely strong. If Rayleigh was able, despite having leaving the world of Pirate, and fighting for a long time, to contest and Admiral is something we must not forget. Knowing that mean that Gold Roger he's someone totally in an another league. So if WB was able to contest Gold Roger, it means that one Admiral wont not enough to beat The big and powerful Whitebeard. That also mean that a simply (well simply, they are strong too but...haa you guys understand xD) Shishibukai is surely not enough to beat WB.

Also, WB is a experienced pirate. He know everything about the world of Pirate and he's the most fear Pirate in the entire world (maybe in an equal level with Shanks). I doubt he would want a rookie pirate such as Luffy to deal with one of "he's problem". Knowing who is really Whitebeard, I doubt he would want to see Teach alive, and by going in an all-out war against the WG, we can't denied the fact that one of he's top priority is the death of BB. By knowing that, we should be able to understand that the days of BB are counted.

Final Bosses

For me, the one the "final bosses" competition is between 3 candidates

Whitebeard: Whitebeard squat is one of the most fear of all the World on One Piece. He is, without any argumentation, of on the strongest Pirate of One piece. We dont know is bouty yet, but we can assume that it is insanely high. If the WG think that they need all their military force just to beat WB crew, it means that his power is match with no one else. Just by knowing all of that, I think that WB will be the strongest "villain" that Luffy will ever have to fight in his life. Beeing the strongest means that, their fight will be one of the most important fight of all the history of One Piece. Just for that, I think that WB is a potentially Finall Boss in One Piece.

Shanks: Even if I dont want Luffy and Shanks fight, i can't denied the fact that Shanks could be one of the finall bosses, for the only reason that he is one of the 4 Yonkous. We still dont know the "real intentions" of Shanks, but maybe his fight against Luffy could change the course of the story

Coby: Ok, i can even listen the laugh of all the members saying: this guy is insanely crazy mwouhahaha. But look why I think Coby could be the last Boss. The base of One piece manga could be resume by one word, Dream. Coby's dream is to be an Admiral of the Marine Forces. In Water 7, just before Garp squad left, Coby said:

Coby: Someday I will, I will, take the position of Admiral !
    Luffy: Coby, you're gonna fight me, right ? Then of course you're gonna get that strong. Next time we meet, we're gonna be stronger.

My source: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/433/09/

Just with those world, we know that those 2 are gonna fight in an all-out match. And since in One Piece, everyone should achieve their dream, Coby vs Luffy fight could be a great final fight.

Juste to give more strength to my argument, dont forget that Coby was the first guy that Luffy met (well....in the beginning of his journey to become the Pirate King). So, this fight will have a huge meaning, because those 2 have some strong dreams. Beeing the Pirate King he's as tough as beeing one of the Admiral. So, when both are gonna fight, it would've mean that both have achieved their goal.
    Last edited by street_san; January 23, 2009 at 11:43 AM.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Bittman

Marshell D. Teach aka "Blackbeard" is going to be Luffy's final competition for the one piece and the title of "Pirate King". Though i foresee it being framed as "the good pirate king" versus "the bad pirate king", a battle for the future of world of one piece.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member c0nflikt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Blackbeard isn't the *Final* boss just one of many like super 17 before buu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Character
    Constantine Woe • Captain • Juggernaut Pirates • Markswoman/Inventorr
    • Bounty :0 • SD Earned : 200 • Beli : 53,687,500 • L : Grand Line
    Strength: 50 | Speed: 50 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 102 | Fortune: 58

Check out my blog!
    Twitter: @CorpseMoney

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

mihawk is also a final boss

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c0nflikt View Post
    I hope that Blackbeard isn't the *Final* boss just one of many like super 17 before buu.
    ....say that one more time.

...Super 17, from DBGT, a spin-off...

...Before Buu, the last villain of DBZ...

Oh and street_san, Coby is the most original idea I've heard. For that, I won't shoot it completely down, but at best he would just take the marine role I've already put in, so #2.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Coby being the final boss simply because unless we get a timeskip or something really bad goes down at HQ(eg all the admirals die) then theirs just no way Coby can even become an Admiral. Which in my opinion is the only way Coby will be considered a true threat to Luffy, if he becomes an Admiral.

Coby will be Luffy's Garp but I doubt he'll be the final boss but only after a big timeskip. Hmm...I wonder if their will be anybody who will be Luffy's WB? I suppose BB might fit that position really well since he is trying to beat WB. I could definitely see it happening because I can't see Oda killing off BB.

@bittman: What is this GT you speak of? It sounds like a horrible, horrible, horrible show.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; February 04, 2009 at 12:35 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the last opponent?

Actually I saw Smoker moreso than Coby as Luffy's Garp, but I do see Coby has the chance. Still, it's not like Luffy has had to run from Coby before, so the parallel doesn't stand as well. On the other hand, Luffy has escaped Smoker twice and Smoker has made it his personal mission to take out the threat above all else.

Nice of you to blot GT from your memory. Unfortunately for me, the scars on my mind refuse to heal!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Coby as final boss? Anything is possible in OP, but having an evil character play that role would be much better story-wise, wouldn't it?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i take my bet on shanks

with him his journey startet and its going to end, the strawhat was given to luffy from a stronger men now luffy must give the strawhat back as stronger man ^^

also the crew just fits perfect to fight the strawhats...

New Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast