Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who Will be the Last Opponent

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

17 37.78%
  • Akainu

4 8.89%
  • Gorosei

13 28.89%
  • Tenryuubito

0 0%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • X Drake

0 0%
  • Law

0 0%
  • Kaido

1 2.22%
  • Big Mom

0 0%
  • Buggy

1 2.22%
  • Doflamingo

2 4.44%
  • Other (specify)

7 15.56%
New Reply
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the last opponent?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Metal D. Reaper's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the last opponent?

No I think the last opponent will be the chief of all marines the one who is even stronger as the 3 admirals because we don't know who it is and we don't even know his name sooo he must be really strong also think about the story with the monoglyph in the end they will discover the truth and they will fight the grand boss and soo fight the three admirals too and the vice and blablabla....
    Or the last opponent isn't appeared yet because the SH aren't in the new world soo who knows
    Spoiler show

War is something unavoidable and for the peace and justice in order to stay!!!War must be!!!The winner will bring peace and be justice. This is ABSOLUTE JUSTICE. Sacrifices must be made to bring Order even if it means that you must kill you're own kind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Metal D. Reaper View Post
    No I think the last opponent will be the chief of all marines the one who is even stronger as the 3 admirals because we don't know who it is and we don't even know his name sooo he must be really strong also think about the story with the monoglyph in the end they will discover the truth and they will fight the grand boss and soo fight the three admirals too and the vice and blablabla....
    Or the last opponent isn't appeared yet because the SH aren't in the new world soo who knows
    Umm...Sengoku? http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/04/

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I think Shanks will become Luffy's Whitebeard.
    Whitebeard was Roger's eternal rival as they fought many times for many reasons and opposing ideologies. The closest thing Luffy would have to a Whitebeard would be Kidd and Law imo.
    Last edited by bittman; March 22, 2009 at 07:01 PM.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I think Shanks will become Luffy's Whitebeard.
    I would rather see a supernova do that. IMO if luffy is to have a rival crew like roger did, it should be one that belongs to his own generation.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Randomcircle's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

For Zoro , I think that after being the best swordman..in the world..he will be beaten like a cow by tashigi lol

for Luffy I vote Dragon. Blackbeard may be is rival..but Dragon appears to be is Nemesis..
    What Blackbeard want is pretty obvious but for me Dragon want to destroy the gouvernement. The end as I see it..will be Raftel being the capital of the ancient civilisation who wrote the poneglyph..I see Dragon wanting to use a ancient weapon..now that he can reach raftel with the help of his son.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Metal D. Reaper's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

why did you vote fragon itzs the father of luffy and fragon wants to meet his son also why would dragon fight him because dragon wants to destroy the gouvernement and luffy declared war to them by burning their flag at the gate of justice when they wanted to rescue robin
    Spoiler show

War is something unavoidable and for the peace and justice in order to stay!!!War must be!!!The winner will bring peace and be justice. This is ABSOLUTE JUSTICE. Sacrifices must be made to bring Order even if it means that you must kill you're own kind.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a difference between declaring war..to change a system..and to commit a genocide.

Luffy doesn't wish the death of innocent people..and I don't think Dragon has the same point or view.

and remember people even if OP can be hilarious..we already saw a revolution (Alabasta) at the beginning of the story.It is the red line of OP , a world which is in need of change.
    Last edited by Randomcircle; March 23, 2009 at 04:32 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randomcircle View Post
    there is a difference between declaring war..to change a system..and to commit a genocide.

Luffy doesn't wish the death of innocent people..and I don't think Dragon has the same point or view.

and remember people even if OP can be hilarious..we already saw a revolution (Alabasta) at the beginning of the story.It is the red line of OP , a world which is in need of change.
    While I think you're correct in saying there is a difference between revolution and change I'm not totally convinced that Dragon is the type of person that would massacre innocent people. I can say this since ALL the people the Luffy's family that we have met so far are good and honorable people (even Garp who is in the Navy).

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

not metting up so far doesn't mean it does not exist , no ? he seems to be the expeditious type. what you cannot change , you destroy it. It solves the matter.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

not metting up so far doesn't mean it does not exist , no ? he seems to be the expeditious type. what you cannot change , you destroy it. It solves the matter.
    Saying "we have not met him yet so we don't know" is not valid reasoning to back up a theory (for example, I could say Jimbei has the power to make the world explode by laughing and then support it with the same statement )

I made my reply in the light of what we know so far considering we know nearly nothing about Dragon currently. While I admit Dragon does seem like the "expeditious" type as you have said, I am still not convinced he would kill innocent people to achieve his goal. If he did this, he would be no better than than corrupt government he is trying to overthrow

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    Saying "we have not met him yet so we don't know" is not valid reasoning to back up a theory (for example, I could say Jimbei has the power to make the world explode by laughing and then support it with the same statement )

I made my reply in the light of what we know so far considering we know nearly nothing about Dragon currently. While I admit Dragon does seem like the "expeditious" type as you have said, I am still not convinced he would kill innocent people to achieve his goal. If he did this, he would be no better than than corrupt government he is trying to overthrow
    lol , I was teasing you (but it seems you understood it ^^)
    So , you're assuming that someone who put the life of common people to death by starting a revolution isn't the type to commit a genocide ? more to it add the sentence "what do we do Mr Dragon ?" "the wind has start to flow from a other side.." which Dragon said..Basically he is starting a revolution..spreading it..and vanish..to start a new one..he doesn't care about the change , the revolution he made..does..

actually he is worst than the gouvernement , he is trying to overthrow.
    he doesn't care about the change . if it was , he would try to organize or establish..some organization before leaving. Assuming this fact , he doesn't care about the consequences and the people involve. All , he wants is to overthrow the world. So , he is highly recommanded to purchase a genocide. But , I might be wrong..on this one.

What , I won't deny , is the fact that he wants to overthrow the gouvernement not change it. more simply , he want to destroy not create.

I am sure of one thing he will use his son for his own purpose.
    Last edited by Randomcircle; March 28, 2009 at 07:41 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    Umm...Sengoku? http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/04/

EDIT:

Whitebeard was Roger's eternal rival as they fought many times for many reasons and opposing ideologies. The closest thing Luffy would have to a Whitebeard would be Kidd and Law imo.
    I personally believe Luffy's Whitebeard will be Blackbeard. I think it would work perfectly all things considered, you know opposing idealogies. Plus I don't see Luffy killing BB if he is the final boss(and if Luffy does win).

Kidd and Law are interesting but I'd rather see them as two very powerful pirates at the end. Perhaps similar to the two remaining Yonkous that are left.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; March 28, 2009 at 10:04 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

lol , I was teasing you (but it seems you understood it ^^)
    So , you're assuming that someone who put the life of common people to death by starting a revolution isn't the type to commit a genocide ? more to it add the sentence "what do we do Mr Dragon ?" "the wind has start to flow from a other side.." which Dragon said..Basically he is starting a revolution..spreading it..and vanish..to start a new one..he doesn't care about the change , the revolution he made..does..

actually he is worst than the gouvernement , he is trying to overthrow.
    he doesn't care about the change . if it was , he would try to organize or establish..some organization before leaving. Assuming this fact , he doesn't care about the consequences and the people involve. All , he wants is to overthrow the world. So , he is highly recommanded to purchase a genocide. But , I might be wrong..on this one.

What , I won't deny , is the fact that he wants to overthrow the gouvernement not change it. more simply , he want to destroy not create.

I am sure of one thing he will use his son for his own purpose.
    I strongly disagree here.
    How does Dragon put common people to death? That's not revolution. He and his boys don't jump into countries and kill everyone. Revolutions are done differently. That's why the Revolutionaries are such a big threat to WG. They influence and help people to overthrow WG authority in their own lands.
    The same WG which sends everyone who doesn't join to build that 700 year old bridge and die. The same WG which destroyed Ohara and killed all the people on it.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

his way to act is the same as to kill someone. For , you someone who start a revolution without worrying of the future of this country is not putting the common people (without fighting power) to death ? (cause you do think that after a revolution the gouvernement doesn't come to clear the fact ? Dragon Vanishing who is gonna fight ?...)

He use their hope and then disappear he influence them and then leave them with the problems..It was the same as Alabasta. When Vivi wanted to stop the revolution without..dead. To start a revolution imply death..

Being a Dictator or being with the Revolutionnaries is the same..at the end you're a murderer. The rest is a Question of Ideology.

Putting someone to deathrow or giving him a sword to go to his death for freedom..is the same when you're are the instigator. you're a murderer.

Dragon is no Better..Look at your own History..the Revolutionnar are not put on the same scale as the dictator ? In Ideological term..No. In Human Term they are Slaughterer .
    Last edited by Randomcircle; March 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, seems to me that you are assuming too much here. We haven't really seen a single Revolution performed by Dragon.
    And yes, there are some possible problems after the one. But we've seen how WG treats people who are against it. And Dragon isn't responsible for all the problems that may come after the revolution. There can't be one if the people of the country aren't willing. And freedom doesn't come without cost. Shit happens.
    But we've seen how WG works, and probably a lot of countries are forced to become a part of it.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Yabe's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think what Randomcircle said is inevitably true about the side effects of the revolutions... although I still don't think that it's enough to make him suitable to be the final boss for Luffy, or says as Luffy is hero no. 1 of this manga, the final boss of One Piece.

Yeah, by his title as a revolutionist we can assume that Dragon's probably treated all common people's life as some tool while Luffy are more sensitive to seeing innocent people being assaulted.
    But because One Piece is about adventure and era of pirates, I don't think Oda would set Luffy's determination in his final battle to be to defeat Dragon (if trying to overthrown the WG would really make him turn out to be the most evil man in the story as you guessed) in order to correct the wrongs of the world instead of taking the biggest step to announce the world people that he's the most wanted man, the great, powerful and supposedly to be fearful man of all those sailing in the oceans; the Pirate King!

I think just for the reason to defeat Dragon to forbid him from successing his revolutionary purpose alone seems wrong to fit to be the aim of Luffy's 'becoming Pirate King' final battle. Adjusting the world can only be a consequence of his last fight in the story imo, because it's only heroical but doesn't has much of the fantasy.

New Reply
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast