Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who Will be the Last Opponent

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

17 37.78%
  • Akainu

4 8.89%
  • Gorosei

13 28.89%
  • Tenryuubito

0 0%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • X Drake

0 0%
  • Law

0 0%
  • Kaido

1 2.22%
  • Big Mom

0 0%
  • Buggy

1 2.22%
  • Doflamingo

2 4.44%
  • Other (specify)

7 15.56%
New Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the last opponent?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the last opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Wouldn't make as much sense since SHP is getting stronger. The Gorousei made that statement before the time skip, didn't they? If so, then Luffy and his crew have gotten very strong. By making someone say that, Oda's probably setting up to show how powerful Blackbeard is, and how powerful Luffy will be if he beats Blackbeard. Considering Blackbeard has the power of Yomi Yomi no Mi and Whitebeard's power, it's very hard to imagine Whitebeard pirates bein able to stand a chance against him.
    Yes, they said that pre-timeskip. They were elaborating who could actually take Teach down as it stands at that Moment. And the only ones they figured where the rest of the yonkou and marco the phoenix. They didn't even name all of the whitebeardpirates, just him. Makes me wonder if Marco actually was the second strongest in the group. Didn't seem that way during war.

And I think its a given that Luffy will probably fight Blackbeard over One Piece. Though it is still not clear if finding the One Piece will be the end of this manga. It could still be that the last arc may be the war of the revulutionaries, that will come once the Shp reach the One Piece and Robin puts together the whole story of the void century. We also don't know if the admirals are actually the strongest fighters the worldgovernment has. There could still be another army under the wgs control.

Hard to say what will happen.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Marco would be able to beat Blackbeard, if his fight with Kizaru and being chained showed anything. At least Ace showed to have combat skills without his DF, Marco hasn't shown anything. The only way he could take down Blackbeard is by surprise since Blackbeard wouldn't be able to take away Marco's power.

I agree. Might very well be Luffy reaches the end, but they learn about the Void Century and decide to do something. The Marine may have more powerful fighters lying in secret just in case.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Marco was strong enough to block Kizaru's attack, something not a single Supernova could accomplish at the time. That being said he was unable to maintain control of Whitebeard's territory or succeed the old man as a Yonkou.

It only makes sense for the final enemy to be the World Government, Oda has practically written it into the plot already. By circumnavigating the Grand Line and reaching Raftel, Roger became the most wanted man in the world. In the eyes of the government his crimes were so great that for the crime of being son, Ace was to be publicly executed, on national television no less. The Government was even willing to tip the balance of power, a pillar of world policy, in order to capture him. It would be a massive plot hole if another pirate were to follow in Rogers foot steps, reach Raftel, recover his treasure, but not become the most wanted man on the planet. The manga must end with Luffy becoming Pirate King, revealing the true history, followed by an all out war between the World Government and an alliance lead by Luffy the Pirate King.

Blackbeard does not make as much sense as the final opponent. His role is to be Luffy's greatest rival, he has to be fought before Luffy becomes Pirate King. Blackbeard will have to be defeated before Luffy can reach Raftel. But defeating Blackbeard does not conclude the main plot: one piece, the Poneglyphs, the Void Century, the ancient weapons, the ancient kingdom, the true history, Ohara, the Revolutionary Army, the Tenryuubito, D., and the truth about Roger can only find closure once the World Government is defeated. It makes the most sense for the World Government to be defeated by the Pirate King, unchallenged symbol of freedom and adventure, rather than by the future Pirate King.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 14, 2012 at 12:29 PM.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see that happening. Once Luffy becomes a pirate king, SHP and RA may meet and discuss plans about overthrowing the World Government and Tenryuubito in order to set up a better way of living after learning about the Void Century. Luffy's final enemy might very well be someone extremely powerful in World Government or Marine. This may turn into a battle that ends one side or another.

Though, if the World Government and Marine are defeated, what's to stop the Yonkou from dominating with nothing to stop them? Not sure if the Shichibukai will bother to fight the Yonkou if there's nothing motivating them.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Blackbeard does not make as much sense as the final opponent. His role is to be Luffy's greatest rival, he has to be fought before Luffy becomes Pirate King. Blackbeard will have to be defeated before Luffy can reach Raftel. But defeating Blackbeard does not conclude the main plot: one piece, the Poneglyphs, the Void Century, the ancient weapons, the ancient kingdom, the true history, Ohara, the Revolutionary Army, the Tenryuubito, D., and the truth about Roger can only find closure once the World Government is defeated. It makes the most sense for the World Government to be defeated by the Pirate King, unchallenged symbol of freedom and adventure, rather than by the future Pirate King.
    Interesting. So maybe later we will have another character representing as the last opponent for Luffy, which representing the World Government to annihilate the Pirates. Makes more sense rather than Blackbeard as the "real" final opponent for Luffy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Marco was strong enough to block Kizaru's attack, something not a single Supernova could accomplish at the time. That being said he was unable to maintain control of Whitebeard's territory or succeed the old man as a Yonkou.

It only makes sense for the final enemy to be the World Government, Oda has practically written it into the plot already. By circumnavigating the Grand Line and reaching Raftel, Roger became the most wanted man in the world. In the eyes of the government his crimes were so great that for the crime of being son, Ace was to be publicly executed, on national television no less. The Government was even willing to tip the balance of power, a pillar of world policy, in order to capture him. It would be a massive plot hole if another pirate were to follow in Rogers foot steps, reach Raftel, recover his treasure, but not become the most wanted man on the planet. The manga must end with Luffy becoming Pirate King, revealing the true history, followed by an all out war between the World Government and an alliance lead by Luffy the Pirate King.

Even if it plays like that BB could still be final oponent if he plays the role similar to that in marineford war
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I can see that happening. Once Luffy becomes a pirate king, SHP and RA may meet and discuss plans about overthrowing the World Government and Tenryuubito in order to set up a better way of living after learning about the Void Century. Luffy's final enemy might very well be someone extremely powerful in World Government or Marine. This may turn into a battle that ends one side or another.

Though, if the World Government and Marine are defeated, what's to stop the Yonkou from dominating with nothing to stop them? Not sure if the Shichibukai will bother to fight the Yonkou if there's nothing motivating them.
    The Strawhats, Revolutionaries, and allies won't have to plan for war. The government will make a move, declaring war on Luffy and his allies, like they did with Roger and later Whitebeard. The only reason they avoided all out war with Roger is he turned himself in.

Once there is a Pirate King there will no longer be Yonkou. There will be other pirates, but Luffy will be preeminent, just as Roger was. The Yonkou will no longer be able to style themselves emperors.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Interesting. So maybe later we will have another character representing as the last opponent for Luffy, which representing the World Government to annihilate the Pirates. Makes more sense rather than Blackbeard as the "real" final opponent for Luffy.
    If there is a war between Luffy, the World Government and Marine, I expect that will be the time the Gorosei and Kong fight. Possibly Akainu too, but he could be defeated before Raftel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    Even if it plays like that BB could still be final oponent if he plays the role similar to that in marineford war
    How can Luffy be considered Pirate King, greatest Pirate to sale the seas since Roger, and still have a rival remaining? If he were to fight Blackbeard after Raftel that would mean Rogers treasure was hollow symbolism, Luffy would be Pirate King in name only until Blackbeard's defeat. Would it not make more sense to fight Blackbeard first, and then with his greatest rival defeated Luffy would be free to enter Raftel, take up Roger's treasure, and with it become the greatest Pirate of his age?

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

How can Luffy be considered Pirate King, greatest Pirate to sale the seas since Roger, and still have a rival remaining? If he were to fight Blackbeard after Raftel that would mean Rogers treasure was hollow symbolism, Luffy would be Pirate King in name only until Blackbeard's defeat. Would it not make more sense to fight Blackbeard first, and then with his greatest rival defeated Luffy would be free to enter Raftel, take up Roger's treasure, and with it become the greatest Pirate of his age?

No no i didnt meant that way.. i meant in backstabing way... for example... everything plays as you described, marines and SH fight the war but BB comes at the pinacle and try to take 2 flies with one hit, or something along that line. it fits BB character.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The Strawhats, Revolutionaries, and allies won't have to plan for war. The government will make a move, declaring war on Luffy and his allies, like they did with Roger and later Whitebeard. The only reason they avoided all out war with Roger is he turned himself in.

Once there is a Pirate King there will no longer be Yonkou. There will be other pirates, but Luffy will be preeminent, just as Roger was. The Yonkou will no longer be able to style themselves emperors.
    Hmm, always thought the SHP and RA would declare war against Tenryuubito. Luffy officially declared war against the World Government when he had the flag burned by Sogeking, no? but instead of targeting just the WG or the Marines, RA and SHP can also target Tenryuubito and take them out in one fell swoop.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    No no i didnt meant that way.. i meant in backstabing way... for example... everything plays as you described, marines and SH fight the war but BB comes at the pinacle and try to take 2 flies with one hit, or something along that line. it fits BB character.
    1. BB falls. 2. Luffy becomes PK. 3. Final battle against the WG.

That's commonly known order, ever since WB dying words.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard does not make as much sense as the final opponent. His role is to be Luffy's greatest rival, he has to be fought before Luffy becomes Pirate King. Blackbeard will have to be defeated before Luffy can reach Raftel.
    I think it is also possible that Blackbeard gets defeated on Raftel. Roger became Pirate King because he was the first man since ancient times to reach Raftel. To become the next Pirate King, one has to find the One Piece, which is on Raftel. So I'm thinking that the showdown with Blackbeard could happen on Raftel, but before Luffy finds the One Piece.

After Raftel I also think that we get the final war. However, I'm currently not seeing the Gorosei as Luffy's last direct opponent. Of course, they somehow are the last opponent, as they lead the World Government's forces, but for Luffy's last one-on-one fight I'm seeing Akainu. Akainu has been build up as the representative of the Absolute Justice. The Gorosei share his view of Justice, but they are giving orders from Mariejoa, while Akainu is the one who carries them out. He's the executive. He's the murderer of Ace and the one who did the most damage to Whitebeard, who was considered as the only one who has ever tied with Roger. Even right know Akainu is present in the storyline as the one who ravaged half of Punk Hazard.

Also, we don't know if the Gorosei can fight at Luffy's level. They have scars and are all quite muscular, but that's all we currently know.
    As for Kong, I don't think his character is complex enough for the final opponent. This might change if we see him more in future chapters. Also keep in mind that he does not neccesarily have to be stronger than Akainu. His rank is higher, but that's all we know.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MonkeyDLuffy7GR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    I think it is also possible that Blackbeard gets defeated on Raftel. Roger became Pirate King because he was the first man since ancient times to reach Raftel. To become the next Pirate King, one has to find the One Piece, which is on Raftel. So I'm thinking that the showdown with Blackbeard could happen on Raftel, but before Luffy finds the One Piece.

After Raftel I also think that we get the final war. However, I'm currently not seeing the Gorosei as Luffy's last direct opponent. Of course, they somehow are the last opponent, as they lead the World Government's forces, but for Luffy's last one-on-one fight I'm seeing Akainu. Akainu has been build up as the representative of the Absolute Justice. The Gorosei share his view of Justice, but they are giving orders from Mariejoa, while Akainu is the one who carries them out. He's the executive. He's the murderer of Ace and the one who did the most damage to Whitebeard, who was considered as the only one who has ever tied with Roger. Even right know Akainu is present in the storyline as the one who ravaged half of Punk Hazard.

Also, we don't know if the Gorosei can fight at Luffy's level. They have scars and are all quite muscular, but that's all we currently know.
    As for Kong, I don't think his character is complex enough for the final opponent. This might change if we see him more in future chapters. Also keep in mind that he does not neccesarily have to be stronger than Akainu. His rank is higher, but that's all we know.
    Kong like Sengoku the Budha propably has a giant Ape fruit except for Oda surprising us again. I believe Luffy will not become Pirate King...All his techniques (mostly Gear Second) drain his life...especially before timeskip.Also in the Luffy vs BB fight I see shanks sacrifising himself...Before or during the fight. If Luffy dies then it would happen after he wins the final battle IMO and Buggy will become Pirate King.
    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    There is already a standard explanation for anything:

You want to boost your chakra? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to get the Gods eyes? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want Wood Jutsus? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want Izanagi to last longer? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to cut Kotoamatsukamis cooldown from 10 years to several hours? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to spam MS without going blind? Take Hashiramas cells!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy7GR View Post
    I believe Luffy will not become Pirate King...All his techniques (mostly Gear Second) drain his life...especially before timeskip.Also in the Luffy vs BB fight I see shanks sacrifising himself...Before or during the fight. If Luffy dies then it would happen after he wins the final battle IMO and Buggy will become Pirate King.
    So, in your opinion, we are reading a completely pointless manga, with the whole stuff about dreams and all just being there so that we can be trolled in the end?

Luffy's techniques and exspecially Iva's hormone treatment surely damaged his body a lot, but his Doctor, Chopper will cure him. That's Chopper's dream, to find a cure for everything.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MonkeyDLuffy7GR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    So, in your opinion, we are reading a completely pointless manga, with the whole stuff about dreams and all just being there so that we can be trolled in the end?

Luffy's techniques and exspecially Iva's hormone treatment surely damaged his body a lot, but his Doctor, Chopper will cure him. That's Chopper's dream, to find a cure for everything.
    I do not say that the manga is pointless. On the contrary it is awesome and I am a big fan of One Piece (it is my fav anime by far).But that's my opinion.... Also I do not think Chopper can find a way to lengthen the life span...Ivankov's hormones that were used on Luffy are not the ones that affect life span.
    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    There is already a standard explanation for anything:

You want to boost your chakra? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to get the Gods eyes? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want Wood Jutsus? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want Izanagi to last longer? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to cut Kotoamatsukamis cooldown from 10 years to several hours? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to spam MS without going blind? Take Hashiramas cells!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Do yourself a favour and read the manga [too].

The healing technique was called "Emporio: Healing Hormones", so yes, it was the hormone treatment that took ten years of Luffy's life.

I see the point of living the dream in form of "The journey is the reward.", but why would Oda do that? Do you expect the BB fight to be before or after the WG is liberated?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast