Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who Will be the Last Opponent

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

17 37.78%
  • Akainu

4 8.89%
  • Gorosei

13 28.89%
  • Tenryuubito

0 0%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • X Drake

0 0%
  • Law

0 0%
  • Kaido

1 2.22%
  • Big Mom

0 0%
  • Buggy

1 2.22%
  • Doflamingo

2 4.44%
  • Other (specify)

7 15.56%
New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Who will be the last opponent?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MonkeyDLuffy7GR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the last opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Do yourself a favour and read the manga [too].

The healing technique was called "Emporio: Healing Hormones", so yes, it was the hormone treatment that took ten years of Luffy's life.

I see the point of living the dream in form of "The journey is the reward.", but why would Oda do that? Do you expect the BB fight to be before or after the WG is liberated?
    Yeah you are right Luffy lost 10 years coz of the hormones...My mistake xD. I am not sure about BB vs Luffy...Luffy becoming Pirate King would mean that WG would be destroyed coz they marines will never let a pirate king re appear... I do not know right now..Maybe BB destroyes WG? and then Luffy vs BB or Luffy vs WG and BB vs Revolutionaries and then Luffy vs BB...
    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    There is already a standard explanation for anything:

You want to boost your chakra? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to get the Gods eyes? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want Wood Jutsus? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want Izanagi to last longer? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to cut Kotoamatsukamis cooldown from 10 years to several hours? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to spam MS without going blind? Take Hashiramas cells!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that the last oponent will be World Government and particulary - Gorousei as they are the head body that rules WG and hence all the World and Luffy is destined to fight the World after finding One Piece on Raftel.

Of course I might be wrong, but it's the way I see all the plot as it is told now.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy7GR View Post
    Kong like Sengoku the Budha propably has a giant Ape fruit except for Oda surprising us again. I believe Luffy will not become Pirate King...All his techniques (mostly Gear Second) drain his life...especially before timeskip.Also in the Luffy vs BB fight I see shanks sacrifising himself...Before or during the fight. If Luffy dies then it would happen after he wins the final battle IMO and Buggy will become Pirate King.
    The fuck is the point of the manga then

If Buggy becomes Pirate King it would be the biggest troll in the history of all literature. The hero dying so that a tertiary supporting character can achieve greatness is the most patently ridiculous sentiment I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Do yourself a favour and read the manga [too].

The healing technique was called "Emporio: Healing Hormones", so yes, it was the hormone treatment that took ten years of Luffy's life.

I see the point of living the dream in form of "The journey is the reward.", but why would Oda do that? Do you expect the BB fight to be before or after the WG is liberated?
    Personally I expect the BB fight to be before the WG is liberated. Blackbeard is a rival, it would make the most sense if he is standing in Luffy's way at the most critical moment, before Luffy can reach Raftel. Fighting the World Government makes most sense after Raftel. Standing up to the powers that be and overturning tyranny would seem more meaningful after becoming Pirate King. After Raftel represents Luffy using his new found power to stand up to tyrants in the name of the oppressed, using his new found power to carve out a better world. If he defeats the Government before Raftel they represent nothing more than another obstacle on the path to adulthood.

More importantly, fighting the World Government after Raftel would be far more dramatic. The World Government going to war against the Pirate King would be far more dramatic than the World Government going to war against the prospective Pirate King. Imagine Luffy being proclaimed Pirate King, greatest hero of his age, reveals the true history to the public, followed by the World Government mobilizing for one last stand as Luffy gathers friends and allies from Albasta to Revolutionary Army, mobilizes the ancient weapons, defeats the World Government, and the manga ending with Luffy restoring the glory of the ancient kingdom, opening a new golden age. Defeating The World Government before Blackbeard eliminates all of that. Defeating the World Government before Raftel eliminates much of the drama too. Rather than confront them in all his glory as Pirate King, Luffy would just be another Pirate who became a nuisance, and needed to be snuffed out before things got any further.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I always believe the last enemy before reaching the One Piece will be Blackbeard. Maybe on Raftel!!!
    But the last enemy of the Series will be the Gorousei and the WG.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I could imagine the fight between Luffy and Blackbeard taking place on Raftel itself. That would be a really epic location for the fight! I expect that the fight with the Blackbeard Pirates will take place across multiple islands, as both crews move toward the end of the New World. I also hope that Shanks and Luffy's reunion does not take place until the beginning of the Blackbeard saga. That would be a great moment for Shanks to acknowledge all Luffy has accomplished, lay his own ambitions aside, and aid Luffy in the last stage of his quest.

With Blackbeard out of the way, I expect Robin to find the Rio Poneglyph, and the full extent of the Tenryuubito and World Government's crimes to be exposed. The Strawhats coming to grips with the True History would set the stage perfectly for the last War, so much more would be on the line than if the government were destroyed before Raftel.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm i don't quite like the thought of BB actually reaching Raftel

I mean it would be such a waste . I personally want to see only the SH's finding that place which was discovered only by Roger . That BB scum doesn't deserve the privilege of stepping on that island

The final battle between BB and Luffy will take place near that island but BB will never discover it

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ourum's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard and Akainu battles will happen before Raftel, but a Luffy v. Coby fight will be the last. It will be awesome and epic

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy vs. Coby

That sure resolves a lot of major plot points. What a waste it would be for Blackbeard to defeat Akainu. What connection do they even have? It's Luffy who needs revenge for Ace. Blackbeard fighting Akainu would serve no plot purpose, it's something only suited to discussion in the Davey Back Fight forum.

It should be obvious to everyone, but in the end Coby will be an ally to Luffy, not an enemy. As the war made abundantly clear, Coby does not hold to the World Governments ideal of absolute justice. Clearly his world view is closer to the likes of Garp, Aokiji, and Smoker. In the final battle between Pirate King and World Government, Coby will be on Luffy's side.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17